Resident Evil

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Resident Evil

Postby Sling » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:28 am

After re-playing Resident Evil, I decided, hmm, this is actually quite good, and so went out and bought Resident Evil 4. Would it actually be worth it to go out and buy the other 5 games in the series or not?
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:29 pm

Eh, if you're playing the first one, I can assume there were some major changes made between each and every single new version. I played 4 a while back. That was hilarious, getting trapped in a shed with nothing but 5 bullets left to defend myself against a horde of zombies.

I like 4, I havent played the other ones.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Angel_OA » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:22 pm

4 is apparently the best by far - I'm told by many.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:32 pm

I can vouch for RE4 being completely awesome. But it is a LOT different than the other RE games.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Greatchickenman » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:45 pm

Yeah, the whole 3rd person fixed againt 3rd person stand-behind view makes them entirely different.

I felt that the other resident evil games were infinitely more scary because of the fixed camera angles. Sure it made the game hard to walk around in some places, but nothing beats the short fear of terror when a zombie rushes out from an unseen corner of the room that in any normal circumstance should be extremely easy to spot.

The only things in RE4 that were even remotely scary were the iron maidens, and that's only because they walk funny and kill you in one or two hits. And maybe the bugs attempting to melt my face off startled me a bit.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:53 am

Yeah RE4 doesn't have zombies in it, just some wierd parasite called Las Plagas (similar to the Goa'uld) which controls people. The best bit is getting the Unlimited Launcher and the Chicago Typewriter Machine Gun and running around with unlimited ammo. The scariest things in RE4 were the Regenerators becuase it just freaked me out once when I was playing it late at night once and all I could hear was the weird breathing noises echoing around and I couldn't see where the damn thing was. The chain-saw people were hilarious, especially when they sawed your head off.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:06 am

Yeah, those Bella Sisters more pissed me off than scared me. They always ruined my 5 star scores when they both come charging at me when I'm at low ammo. I can always manage to kick one of their faces off or snap one of their necks, but then the other one is already right next to me when i'm done.

And then when I was playing them in game the only way I was able to beat them was to climb up the ladder and jump off to the entrance and shoot them with the rifle as they tried to climb down from the safe distance of 300 or more meters.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:24 am

I just bought a rocket launcher, climbed back up the ladder, kicked the ladder down and shot a rocket straight down. Works everytime. It was a waste of a rocket though.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:45 am

Yeah, I never bought the rockets. I just saved up to get the infinite launcher.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:18 am

I can't stand rengenerators. Probably because I missed the thermal scope and I was just forced to fire about 50 shotguns rounds into then before they'd die. Needless to say I ran from them whenever possible.

The only time I used a rocket launcher was the free one you get in the castle against Salazar. I probably should've bought one for Verdugo though, since the item he drops sells for a crapload more than a rocket launcher costs.

I think RE4 still can fuck with you on camera angles. If you're shooting a bunch of guys infront of you, I've noticed the game likes to send others to sneak up behind you.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Greatchickenman » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:31 pm

I actually never had that problem since I was constantly turning around, even while I was in firefights.

the only time the game did fuck me up was when Ashley has to turn those fucking cranks and she's up on the platforms while the monks chase after her. I hadn't invested in the rifle at this point so I was forced to take about a thousand long distance shots with a pistol or shotgun and 75% ended up killing Ashley all by myself (Which is strangly satisfying the first couple of times, but quickly gets old)
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Return to Gaming