One word: Pokemon

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Would you bother playing newer versions of Pokemon?

Yes
25%
No
25%
If it fell into my clutches for free, yes
50%

Total votes : 20

Postby Greatchickenman » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:54 am

Glenn47 wrote:Also, Blue is better than Red

LIES!

My Charizard can rock your Blastoises world. I don't even care if you're all like, oh, supereffective blah blah blah. Well, that's why I got defense ups, bitch. I'll fucking flame the shit out of you and send you to France or some other European country where they eat giant turtles with cannons in their back.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:47 am

Good thing you can choose any of the 3 starter pokemon despite what color you have, right?
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:54 am

Teenr0cker wrote:Good thing you can choose any of the 3 starter pokemon despite what color you have, right?

hahahaha. good one.

I own a crapload of pokemon games... blue, yellow, gold, silver, ruby, fire red, and I recently bought emerald. and uh... pokemon pinball for the GBC (hey, it's actually pretty fun).

Between Ruby and Fire Red I've wasted so many hours of my life. Of course, the glory days were the days of Red and Blue for the gameboy. Now that I think about it, those games required a lot of strategy for little dumbass 12 year olds. Who knew that pokemon could actually make you smarter?
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Greatchickenman » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:26 pm

And i'm sure everyone remembers Missingno.

and then there was the block one that evolved into Kangaskhan.

Plus the infinite item trick.

And then there were the rumors of being able to catch the rare pikablu, which was pikachu but blue! (It turns out that these rumors were derived from imported Japanese merchandise with Marill on it.)

Those were the good old days.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:27 pm

The Kangaskhan that evolved from Missingno could learn fly

Also, pokemon evolved by rare candies or the raiser are weaker then these evolved by fighting

Basicaly there is a sub EXP thingy for each stat that raises whenever a pokemon defeats another, not all 4 raise all the time, these that do depend on the level and the type of the defeated one

I have a friend that is still a pokemon fanatic, he runs the israeli pokemon site, and at a time I was a fan of the games as well -_-
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:31 pm

I'm so tempted to make a joke, but it can be considered racist or anti-semitic by some...
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:41 pm

EmperorJeramyu wrote:
Teenr0cker wrote:Good thing you can choose any of the 3 starter pokemon despite what color you have, right?

hahahaha. good one.

I own a crapload of pokemon games... blue, yellow, gold, silver, ruby, fire red, and I recently bought emerald. and uh... pokemon pinball for the GBC (hey, it's actually pretty fun).

Between Ruby and Fire Red I've wasted so many hours of my life. Of course, the glory days were the days of Red and Blue for the gameboy. Now that I think about it, those games required a lot of strategy for little dumbass 12 year olds. Who knew that pokemon could actually make you smarter?

My god man, do you really need that many Pokémon games?
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:43 pm

Telephalsion wrote:I'm so tempted to make a joke, but it can be considered racist or anti-semitic by some...

Silly swedes, lacking diplomatic immunity. . .
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:57 pm

Atleast we're not Pokéjews.

(yes, sweden sucks, our prime minister probably eats babies too.)

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:00 pm

Yeah, the rare-candy-leveled pokemon sucked. So you just get the drugs that boost their stats. Duh!
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:08 pm

If you were a poke-nerd you'd know exactly why battling to raise your pokemon makes them stronger than with Rare Candies. You can actually get two pokemon to level 100 (one by each method) and have the same stats. It just requires you to battle with the rare candy pokemon afterwards.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:41 pm

I know exactly why. At least for the later version, because I'm not sure if the first series has the same system.

When me and my sister and brother started playing pokemon (the later verions), of course we asked for help. He's always looking up walkthrough guides and stuff on the net, because the computer at his house is so crap we can't stand it.

And while researching pokemon, he found out all the systems and formulas and stuff, and now has an unhealthy obsession with it. So I hear all about effort values, base values and individual values, as well as 'pokerus' and heaps of other random indepth stuff that normal people really don't know or care about.

He must have been right though, because I never lost a battle in the game or to my brother or sister, but his pokemon always kicked the shit out of mine.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:05 am

just hold b and down?

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:09 am

The B+Down was for catching pokemon. Not raising.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:26 am

My friend has wrote a guide about it,

All I remember is that killing odishes and zoobats in the lots raises the speed of your beast by an insane amount.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming