DK64

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Sarcasm » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:28 am

Also

Conker's Bad Fur Day
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:12 pm

I remember that shortly after that they made Conker into kids games...
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:08 pm

Greatchickenman wrote:I remember that shortly after that they made Conker into kids games...

Conker's Quest for the GBC. Probably one of the most impossible games ever created after a certain point.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sling » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:32 pm

Goldeneye was completely awesome, 10/10 best first shooter ever. You've got to love the RCP-90 and magnum's ability to shoot through doors and "bullet proof" glass. I also love Perfect Dark (purely due the rail gun you get) but the fact you needed an expansion pack meant I only rate it 9 out of 10. Body Harvest was a brilliant game yet, but can get overly mind-numbingly boring sometimes. 1080 Snowboarding. The only sport game I own and it is completely awesome just becuase you can get a snowboarder with a panda head and penguin instead of a snowboard.
The World Is Not Enough is quite a good game but was a puddle of crap compared to Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Knife Edge. Crappy garphics but surprisingly addictive. Mission Impossible was kind of ok but it didn't really meet up to my expectations. Conker's Bad Fur Day was hilarious. Mario 64 was quite good but I didn't really get into it. Mainly because I didn't own it and have only played it once. I've only ever seen some of the Zelda games on 2 occassions but from what I could see they were quite good.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:40 pm

I never understood the obsession with Goldeneye, the only reason it was considered good was because it was half of the worlds first FPS (and probably last). There is nothing extraordinary about it, even for the time when it came out.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby War » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:45 pm

Well it did have some pretty cool guns for that point in time. The only thing I didn't like about it was on some maps you could move three steps to the leftto pick up ammo and all the enemies in that area would respawn.
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:49 am

Um, enemies never respawned in any of the levels. Some levels had an unlimited amount of enemies though.
StrayedWanderer wrote:There is nothing extraordinary about it, even for the time when it came out.
Stop spreading your filthy lies.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Angel_OA » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:13 pm

Goldeneye...there's just something about it. It's still kind of 'fun' to play.
I guess it was simple - just plain simple shooting...and hell there was a lot of that to do.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:24 pm

I loved using the remote mines in multiplayer. My friends and I used to do that for hours.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:02 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:I loved using the remote mines in multiplayer. My friends and I used to do that for hours.

Yeah, me and my friends loved them.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Angel_OA » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:27 pm

The remote mines in Perfect Dark!!! I just remembered all the fun involved in sticking them to a friend's face.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Glenn47 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:24 pm

I used to play Goldeneye sooo much. That game kicks ass due to something that videogames today forgot about: simplicity. Ever notice how horrible games are getting? It's because nobody wants a game where you can beat through the game using an amazingly devised strategy that you NEED to use. We all really want games where there are like 40 different ways to beat each level, using different techniques and interesting ways to do it. Kirby? Pokemon? Zelda at some occasions? I bet everyone agrees now. Everyone.
Goldeneye had that touch to it. Sprint through the Facility on Agent, shoot whatever gets in your way, sometimes sneak up on that guard facing the door to get his keycard, sometimes burst through the door and blast him with a magnum, and sometimes stare at him until he starts swatting the fly. That's all we care about in videogames. The Fly.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:48 pm

I got the rareware coin today. I learned two things. One: You can fire lasers (did NOT know that). two: In the first level, you can just hang out hovering at the top half and wait for stuff to fall and then you can grab it for points. I just sat there and eventually got enough points to beat the 5000 point mark and down came the rareware coin. Huzzah!

Now I just have to master that goddamn Donkey Kong retro game and I'll be back on track. However, I am released from Montana this coming Sunday, so I"ll just have to resume in december.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:14 pm

I got the rareware coin today. I learned two things. One: You can fire lasers (did NOT know that). two: In the first level, you can just hang out hovering at the top half and wait for stuff to fall and then you can grab it for points. I just sat there and eventually got enough points to beat the 5000 point mark and down came the rareware coin. Huzzah!

I remember doing that exact same thing, exept I didn't relize that it was the rareware cointhat fell, and it dissapears after a few seconds so it still took me ages to actually get it.

All this talk about DK64 has got me playing it again. Still cant get that damn Nintendo coin.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:04 pm

I can own the first level to a science, with the timing and all. As for the second, I think it's more random. If you get to the third stage, don't forget that running off a ledge is instant death, you gotta jump.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming