i heard...

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

i heard...

Postby Shindy » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:08 pm

there was a way to play final fantasy on Windows. anyone know the link or how?
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby dyyhpys » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:34 pm

I tought there was a computer version of FF7. But if not, I think your best bet would be an emulator.
ALAN: Badgering? I never mentioned
a badger. I'm talking about kitty
kats.
dyyhpys
S1 Hilyn

Postby War » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:21 pm

There is this great internet site where you can find pretty much anything there is on the net!

It kind of a insider tip, but I will give you a link anyway here

I bet they will know what to do.
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:21 pm

Cute war. Maybe he hasn't thought of that one at all, right?

Yes, there was a computerized version of FF7 in addition to the PS version. I obviously can only suggest a few things in this sort of situation. You could do what my friend did and hack your PS2 and install a new OS which allows you to copy the ISOs of the games. He then signed up for game fly and got tons of cheap games quick without killing his bandwidth. He got an upgraded HDD to hold the games though, but whatever.

You can also get the ISOs and run an emulator. That'll work, maybe. But it's cheaper and you don't have to modd a PS2 if you don't have one or don't want to.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:31 am

I downloaded the computer version of FFVII, I've never played the PSX version so I dont know how different it is. It looks the same though.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:34 am

There's a PC version of FFVIII as well.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:46 pm

There are PC versions of FFVII and FFVIII. There was going to be for IX, but I think it got cancelled or was just a rumour.

NES Emulator = FF I, II and III.
SNES Emulator = FF IV, V and VI.
Playstation Emulator = FF VII, VIII, IX and Tactics. (Downloadable from something like eMule)
PC versions = FF VII and VIII. (Again, you can download both from eMule)
Playstation 2 Emulator = FF X and X-2. (I have never, ever, been able to get a Playstation 2 Emulator to work and doubt I ever will, the files are too large to download to determine wether it just the ROM or the emulator itself. Plus I've never found working BIOS. Also, who the hell wants to play these two anyway?)
GBA Emulator = FF I/2 Advance, IV Advance and Tactics Advance. (RPGamer lists FF V Advance as a "to be released..." game but the page hasn't been updated and I've seen no other evidence of this existing.
DS Emulator = FF III DS. (Though the DS Emulators work only very few games, usually with numerous bugs and glitches and no touch screen, thus making them useless. DS Emulation will never truely be possible methinks)

That's about it. NES, SNES and GBA ROMS can be found all over the place so y'know.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:16 am

I can never find the original FFIII, only the US version of FFVI. Grrrr.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby dyyhpys » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:03 pm

Which one is FFIII I get confused about the earlier ones.
Is it the one with Kefka, or the one with jobs where you have to save the crystals.
ALAN: Badgering? I never mentioned
a badger. I'm talking about kitty
kats.
dyyhpys
S1 Hilyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:31 pm

The real Final Fantasy III, as in the third Final Fantasy to be made, is the NES game where you are given four random youths to change classes/jobs and save crystals. Final Fantasy VI is the one with Kefka. Final Fantasy VI was simply released as Final Fantasy III in the US as it was the third one to be released over there. (Final Fantasy II (US) is infact Final Fantasy IV (Japan)).
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Return to Gaming