Move Event in RM2k

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Move Event in RM2k

Postby HolsteinCow » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:23 pm

In RM2k, telling an event to step left causes it to keep going left until it hits a barrier. Is there any way around this?
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby War » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:16 pm

If you have repeat on then yes, but normal it should only take one step. It should normal stop or you could you know... use the stop command.
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby HolsteinCow » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:30 pm

I have repeat set to off, but I noticed a few interesting things about the problem.
  • 1)It only repeats the first step in the sequence. If I put in

Step Left
    Step Up

it would just keep on going left.
  • Since I made the target event the Hero, the problem persists even when I teleport into other levels.
  • Using Movement Type 'By its route' for NPCS works though.
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:29 am

Are you holding down the left arrow?
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby avatarmonkeykirby » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:59 pm

Ha ha ha! I had this problem.
If you have a game pad, or a joy stick disconect it.
What's happening is if you have a joy stick then it's broken and tilts to the left. if you have a gamepad it's analog stick being pushed or you need to recalibrate it.
True love lies in complete adherence to Newton's third law.
S1 Hilyn

Re: Move Event in RM2k

Postby Sling » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:20 pm

HolsteinCow wrote:In RM2k, telling an event to step left causes it to keep going left until it hits a barrier. Is there any way around this?

Is this question actually serious? It only keeps going left if tick the box marked: "Repeat Pattern" or whatver it's called.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby avatarmonkeykirby » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:22 pm

Sling dude, didn't you read what he wrote. he said he set that off.
True love lies in complete adherence to Newton's third law.
S1 Hilyn

Postby teeran » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:12 pm

I had that same problem. I was trying to make one guy enter a house, followed by another guy, then a third guy. The first guy kept walking foward, opening the door, stepping inside (his sprite disappeared), then his invisible sprite kept opening the door, looping his motion. I used a switch to stop him from doing that. Then the other 2 guys kept repeating their steps. I used a couple more switches, and now it works fine.

Edit: I have a problem with the above situation. The layout:

-------------| | (door)

-----------1 2 3 (guys)
(the dashes are there because a bunch of spaces just diappear in the post)

I have guy 1 take a step up, open the door, and step inside (his sprite disappears). Guy 2 is supposed to take a step right, then 2 steps up into the house and disappear. Guy 3 is supposed to take a step left, then 2 steps up and disappear into the house. The problem: Guy 2 takes a step right, a step up, and disappears. Guy 3 takes a step right, faces up, and disappears. I have them all on different levels (below hero, same level as hero, and above hero), so they should be able to overlap, but apparently they can't. I DO have the event overlap box below their position checked. What am I doing wrong?
"If we're all equal, then why is there authority?" -Me
teeran
Plyn

Postby teeran » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:26 pm

Can anyone help me with my problem? (I posted again because I'm not sure if editing a post marks the orange "new" paper thing next to the post, and I wanted it to be noticed).
teeran
Plyn

Postby Ovenhole » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:56 am

Just use Teleport Event to place them somewhere else after they've dissappeared. This should work just fine.
"Give a man a fire and keep him warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life." (Terry Pratchett)
Ovenhole
S1 Hilyn

Postby teeran » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:07 pm

OK, I'll try that. Thanks.
teeran
Plyn

Return to Gaming