RPG XP: RTP Mix-up?

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

RPG XP: RTP Mix-up?

Postby ~Ace~ » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:38 pm

When I try to install the RTP for RPG Maker XP it gives me an error message saying a lower version is installed.

When I got the RPG Maker XP program the first time it was version 1.00. I deleted the files manually after getting bored with not understanding anything I didn't already know. Everything was in japanese so...I just got rid of the whole thing. The RTP folder was deleted and permanently deleted from my computer, so now when I go to Add/Remove programs it can't find the uninstall file.

I tried repairing, but I need the original version 1.00 install file: RTP_Standard_100.msi before I can properly uninstall the old version and load on the new. Long story short: I need that file. Anyone know where to get it?
NONE
~Ace~
Wanderer

Postby ~Ace~ » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:01 pm

Nubody? o.o
NONE
~Ace~
Wanderer

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:23 pm

You expect an answer in 2 hours? Not even two whole hours. And you expect us to be lightning-fast in responding to you? Sheesh.

I'd love to help you, but I don't use RM...any version. Talk to strayed or Jeramyu.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby JLAF » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:21 pm

rmxp.org
I don't use XP much, but they do...
I'm not giving you my signature!
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:52 am

Why do you want RMXP? It's only useful if you can change the graphics and battle system so they're the same as rm2k/3.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:14 am

Teen, I'm fairly certain you must've read my opinions on RMXP at some point. I don't think Strayed has any degree of depth into RMXP either.

Just an observation, but when did the Gaming forum become a RM__ help forum? I see more and more of these topics, and I don't know why. Why ask here when there are plenty of other dedicated RM__ forums out there. Then again, given the alternatives...
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby JLAF » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:30 pm

*cough*Sling has absolutely no idea what he's talking about*cough*
Sling, first off, changing the graphics to RM2K3 style for battles, or anything else, is about as hard as asking someone on RMXP.org where to find the scripts and waiting. As for graphics for the script, if you were to spend more than 2 seconds in the area you would know that there are many people willing to convert RMXP charsets to the new battle sprites. Or you could always port those RM2K3 sprites you like so much.
On top of that, the increased resolution makes the graphics much nicer on the eye, and the open score code allows you to skip much of the long long LONG copy and past process of making any custom systems in RM2K3. (Assuming you know the tiniest amount about programing.) In fact, many of them you can just download, saving tons of valuable time, while also allowing people to share their custom systems if they wish.
That said, I generally don't use XP because all of the good games are make in 2000, and some times 2003. However, acting like it's useless is just a sign of ignorance.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:09 pm

EmperorJeramyu wrote:Teen, I'm fairly certain you must've read my opinions on RMXP at some point. I don't think Strayed has any degree of depth into RMXP either.

Ah, my apologies. I hope you don't take offense to that then.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:40 pm

Huh? No. I'm just saying that RMXP is not in my area of expertise. Then again this guy is just asking for the RTP. Either way, RMXP is out in English now blah blah, support the people who made it, etc.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:34 pm

RMXP is for fat chicks, I think we can all agree on that.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:32 pm

JLAF wrote:*cough*Sling has absolutely no idea what he's talking about*cough*
Sling, first off, changing the graphics to RM2K3 style for battles, or anything else, is about as hard as asking someone on RMXP.org where to find the scripts and waiting. As for graphics for the script, if you were to spend more than 2 seconds in the area you would know that there are many people willing to convert RMXP charsets to the new battle sprites. Or you could always port those RM2K3 sprites you like so much.
On top of that, the increased resolution makes the graphics much nicer on the eye, and the open score code allows you to skip much of the long long LONG copy and past process of making any custom systems in RM2K3. (Assuming you know the tiniest amount about programing.) In fact, many of them you can just download, saving tons of valuable time, while also allowing people to share their custom systems if they wish.
That said, I generally don't use XP because all of the good games are make in 2000, and some times 2003. However, acting like it's useless is just a sign of ignorance.

Someone post a link to the topic where we all agreed we hated RMXP.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby JLAF » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:57 pm

Err... Do you think I care? Seriously, I only come here 'cus I'm bord.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:31 pm

Err... Do you think we care? Seriously, we only come here 'cus we're bored.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby JLAF » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:36 pm

Err... Do you think I care? Seriously, I only come here 'cus I'm bord.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:06 pm

So . . . delicious . . .
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Next

Return to Gaming