Guitar Hero II

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:40 pm

Is it worth bying it now for my PS2 or waiting for the xbox360 release?
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:29 am

Both are equal. Only problem, damn you M$, is that they've announced they'll release GHII buyable songs on the Xbox Live Market Place for the goddamn 360. So it's entirely your choice.

Also, if you order from http://www.redoctane.com, spring 20 bucks and get the adapter too. Just a thought.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:54 am

An actual flame-free intelligent conversation between Strayed and Teen? this must be some kind of an omen . . .
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Poenaensis » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:42 pm

Of the healing power of the new year?
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:07 pm

There were several revisions. Several.

Also, even though I'm the owner, he still knows more about what he's talking about, so I have no problem. The one thing I got from my shitty and terrible linux experiment was listening is the best way to know what the hell you're doing.

Plus, what can I say, it seems to make sense. I don't know what exactly is going on with the processors, even though I've repieced that machine together a few dozen times. I really should look into the hardware dept. more often since I'm told my setup's ideal for overclocking, but I know I'll...over-overclock and fry something. And I don't need that right now.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:28 am

Bah, Never ever overclock, at most, it'll give you, what, 10% more performance? and there's always the microscopic risk, even when you deal with it perfectly, that it'll still blow up, not to mention that it will surely do so if you don't know exactly what you are doing.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Wellsy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:08 am

Having finally just played Guitar Hero for the first time last night during that abysmal national championship game, let me add to the overwhelming opinion and say this game is extremely fun and addictive. I play "real" guitar and I had a great time playing this game. I only had enough skill to attempt some Cheap Trick song on Easy, however my brother-in-law rocked out with his cock out to "War Pigs" on Hard.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:01 am

Ah, War pigs. The easiest song on Medium, and I'm told the hardest song on Hard. I'd find out, but heeeeere come midterms!

Pfft, like I study? :roll:

And now, me being home means I can run good ol' "dxdiag". Firstly, you must remember, I don't remember my specs by heart, so despite my saying it was 3.2, I had no intent of deception when it was really 2.4, but meh...Still, original beliefs are the key factor, not the number (quite so much).

Here are t3h spex

Sorry its small....but you can still clearly see where it says the processor info.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:46 am

Still waiting on that reply, Strayed...Indulge me

Telephalsion wrote:Is it worth bying it now for my PS2 or waiting for the xbox360 release?

I am corrected....

For an assumed bitchy GCM and Strayed, a summary of key points; gleaned for their gleaning pleasure in the privacy of their own pants. Interpret that as you will....

They might add distortion pedals for the 360, since there's a port for something (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/09/guitar-hero-distortion-pedals-on-the-way/)

Ten new songs, plus some unlockable songs.

More songs may come in the future, as expected, because we all know that Xbox Live just -loves- to sell us expansions to our games in tiny pieces, painfully and slowly.

And Guitar Hero is rumored to have switched hands from Harmonix, famous for their other music-games like ....I don't know, I never played them...to the god-awful Neversoft Games, the fuckwits who bring us, though only god knows why, sequel after sequel of Tony Hawk's shit-ass lame skateboarding series. May we all pray that the rumor is false...

Tycho, from Penny Arcade wrote: Guitar Hero enthusiasts were probably so enthusiastic that they already purchased the sequel for the Playstation 2, knowing full well they might be asked to make difficult choices when the product saw release on the 360 plus extras. I'm referring to some anonymous third party here, but I'm actually talking about me. People who are not me - a significant group - most likely leapt at the ability to get additional use out of their prior Guitar Investment. Statistically speaking, they probably don't own a 360 anyhow. This makes the tribulations referred to earlier a highly localized phenomenon.

Expecting to find at CES a lightly retooled version of the game I had already played to completion, I instead received crisp textures, sharp details, and tasteful lighting effects that (when seen in motion) really elevate the presentation. I don't know if we're talking about Gears of War or anything - though a Gears-themed guitar would be a nice fit - but it's not some slipshod port. Possum Kingdom (by The Toadies, one of the ten new songs included in the this version) is, I would wager a substantial sum, another "Master Track" recording - like John The Fisherman before it, it's based on the actual studio session as opposed to ginned up by a third party. As the "Hero" franchise gains credibility, I imagine we'll be treated to more of this.

The new guitar itself, the X-Plorer or somesuch, is fine but I don't prefer it. I like that it has a little more robust controller functionality, and for it to be taken seriously as an Xbox 360 controller of course it needs to have that jewel. The buttons themselves, the ones that mimic frets, have that beefier feel (at least, on the example hardware) that I like in our Ant Commandos Freedom V wireless. But, also like the Freedom V, I essentially hate the strap placement. It isn't quite as bad as the TAC controller, where the part of the strap by the neck is constantly coming off mid-rock and the part on the end just never fits right - it's wrong in a different way. You can see that at the top of the body, it has a strong design element that juts out above the hook where the strap connects. I could never get the guitar to sit right around that grey peninsula - the hook on the original SG projects straight out of a smooth, curved surface, letting it hang perfectly. On the X-Plorer, the other hook projects back toward the player, right around where the neck and body connect. Instead of a clean hang, this (combined with the other one) makes the face of controller naturally tilt down and away from the player, which wasn't comfortable for me. It's not dealbreaker uncomfortable, but I hate it like I hate the Devil.

I had come to accept that we'd be dealing with a wired controller, but maybe that won't be the case - it's hard to say. We're already talking about a game people will be (in some cases) buying again, either because they're completionists or they believe that downloadable content is the future of the series, and to make them buy a wired controller a second or third time isn't the way to inaugurate the new platform. What's more, the mysterious RJ-11 connector on the new guitar must hook into something, and I'll be God Damned if I'm going to plug a USB controller into the system one way and then have another cable going down to a peripheral I bought for my peripheral. Going wired now is counter to the system philosophically. It needs fixed. Let me have this one thing before the guys who made GUN fuck this franchise up the ass.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

I think I'm bleeding.

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:37 am

I wasn't actually paying attention to this topic because I just forgot we had this conversation. Anyway, it will say (2 CPUs) when it's hyperthreading. Plus, you said AMD, and it was Intel. And as far as I know, there is no Pentium 4 Dual Core.

Just to prove that Hyperthreading CPUs (single core) will say 2 CPUs, I will post the dxdiag of my old computer, which is pieced together because my new mobo died on me.

Oh, and never mention me in the same sentence as GCM, ever.

-- Edit--

And about SATA connections on a mobo, even this old dell motherboard, which I've used since I joined Crestfallen back in the day, has SATA I(1.5gb/s). Newer Motherboards use SATA II (3.0gb/s), I don't even think you can see a physical difference though.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:32 pm

My mistake...I get my shortened names mixed up some times... I must have confused AMD with ATI, the vid card....>_<

Informative!
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:14 pm

Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:15 pm

My band is buying that the day it comes out. It's probably what we'll be doing instead of practicing.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:46 pm

I can't wait for rock band.. I went ahead and requested some songs on their website. You guys should too.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:11 am

Shit, Viacom already had the vid taken down.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming