Guitar Hero II

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Archi » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:28 pm

For any interested in playing GH or GHII or GH: 80's competitively, I recommend checking out http://www.scorehero.com/ . The X-box Live leaderboards are a lot less indicative of your ability than the GHII rankings on scorehero... the best players mostly or exclusively play the PS2 version. Not a whole lot of point in submitting your 360 scores to the site though, despite that option, since there's already the online leaderboard for that.

I'm Archi on there, here're some links to my scores.

GH I

GH II

GH: 80's
Archi
Plyn

Postby Sling » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:22 pm

Guitar Hero: 80's? Is that Guitar Hero III or a completely different game I've never heard of?
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Archi » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:53 pm

Sling wrote:Guitar Hero: 80's? Is that Guitar Hero III or a completely different game I've never heard of?

Completely different game. GH III isn't due out for another 45 days or so.
Archi
Plyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:59 pm

One: How you know the number of days until release says something about how much you want it.

Two: It helps to clarify that Rocks the 80's is essentially an expansion pack for GHII. Literally. They just added some songs, a few guitars, and gave the characters and various "Gig" locations a little touch up and BAM, profit!
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Archi » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:23 pm

Teenr0cker wrote:Two: It helps to clarify that Rocks the 80's is essentially an expansion pack for GHII. Literally. They just added some songs, a few guitars, and gave the characters and various "Gig" locations a little touch up and BAM, profit!

What's sad is that I willingly and happily bought it, even knowing that. :(

I'm weak.
Archi
Plyn

Postby Sling » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:24 am

GHIII has a Velvet Revolver in it. That's enough for me...
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:46 pm

And Dragonforce.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:20 pm

Yeah, that too, although there are on a previous Guitar Hero game also. If they stick any more awesome bands in it then I'd go buy the controller and the game straight away.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:19 pm

Which Guitar Hero had DF on it? I believe that the million "DF ON GH__" topics on the official GH forum was a spectacle and a very funny joke only the first dozen times it occurred.

I don't know whether I'll buy GHIII, I'm more interested in Rock Band.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:31 pm

One: How you know the number of days until release says something about how much you want it.

Exactly. And its 47 days.

Which Guitar Hero had DF on it? I believe that the million "DF ON GH__" topics on the official GH forum was a spectacle and a very funny joke only the first dozen times it occurred.

I don't know whether I'll buy GHIII, I'm more interested in Rock Band.

GH is the first game with DF, ignore Sling. GH3's got a whole bunch of great bands, and this time theres almost no covers. I'm really interested in Rock Band too, but its going to be really expensive (I'm hearing around $200), and it hasn't officially been announced for the Wii yet.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Archi » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:00 pm

Teenr0cker wrote:Which Guitar Hero had DF on it? I believe that the million "DF ON GH__" topics on the official GH forum was a spectacle and a very funny joke only the first dozen times it occurred.

There's actually a community on Scorehero dedicated to making custom songs and hacking them into the game for play. There's actually a really good dragonforce custom available already that I've had the pleasure of playing [and passing] on a friend's modded PS2-- this is before I got mine modded, though I've yet to put GHII on it. It's a harddrive mod, lets me load ISO's off the harddrive.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent. Here's a link to the custom chart that's been done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hELYP9kbd5c

Player is Priest MLH, ranked 6th on GHII PS2 expert.
Archi
Plyn

Postby Sling » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:52 am

Ignore me for being right? That's typical...
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Archi » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:24 am

Sling wrote:Ignore me for being right? That's typical...

I should say Dragonforce hasn't been available in normal gameplay situations in any Guitar Hero before III, so I wasn't so much ignoring you (assuming you're speaking to me) as I was avoiding quoting you so it wouldn't appear that I was correcting you. You were largely accurate with your statement, and I didn't want to detract from that. I apologize.
Archi
Plyn

Postby Sling » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:32 am

I wasn't directing that to you, no worries.

Are you sure though? Becuase I was under the impression that Fury of the Storm was on GH:I?
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Archi » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:57 am

Sling wrote:Are you sure though? Becuase I was under the impression that Fury of the Storm was on GH:I?

Nope. You can hack it onto it, but it's not officially on the game. You'd be better off putting it on GHII though, since GHII has better hammer on/pull off mechanics.
Archi
Plyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming