Co op Games

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Ferios » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:03 pm

Sarcasm wrote:Fireball the rest of the party and take their stuff

Isn't it more fun to bounce chain lightning into people?

Sounds cool, though. I'll have to try some Black Isle multiplay sometime. It doesn't sound like it'd be any more annoying, equipment whining-wise, than Diablo.

As for the new ideas I nearly promised.. Well, yes, Diablo is decent. In fact, you could go for any Blizzard game ever, as they're all multiplayerably. I can't believe I forgot about those, to be honest. Have you noticed that almost all of my suggestions are PC-based?

... I wonder if Starcraft: Ghost is ever even going to come out. It's been on hold for, what, three years..?
"Madness takes it's toll.. Please have exact change."
Ferios
Plyn

Postby MusashiEX » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:05 pm

Ferios wrote:... I wonder if Starcraft: Ghost is ever even going to come out. It's been on hold for, what, three years..?

Wasn't that cancelled last year? I'd try Twisted Metal: Black. That was really fun. Or Rainbow Six 3. Or Perfect Dark and Perfect Dark Zero (kidding about Perfect Dark Zero... that sucked).
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Ferios » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:30 pm

It wasn't 'canceled', exactly, just.. 'Indefinitely postponed'. Which is basically cancellation with fancier words and a tiny ray of hope that the game could be picked up again.

It just seems a bit silly to me, given that there was enough of a game that they released a demo for the press. One would think that if the game was complete enough that a functional demo could be developed, the largest hardships were already over. The only thing left would be creating a story and maps to go with it. I can create a story and maps. I can't design an engine and everything to make the maps on, but they've already got that. Shouldn't the rest be rather easygoing?

Needless to say, Blizzard would doubtlessly refuse to hire me.

I'd also have to agree on the Twisted Metal idea. Any Twisted Metal game is a good play. I need to go get those games.
"Madness takes it's toll.. Please have exact change."
Ferios
Plyn

Postby MusashiEX » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:56 am

It's very fun. It's like Mario Cart without the racing. Though Mario Cart was basically a family friendly copy version of it.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:41 pm

Mario Cart without the racing...So you bean people with Red, Green, and assorted Blue shells in hopes to take them out of the race that doesn't exist?
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Cryora » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:10 pm

I think he means Mario Cart battle mode.
Cryora
Plyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:18 pm

Your inability to detect my blatant sarcasm has killed the moment. For shame.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby CJ » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:32 pm

Teenr0cker wrote:( I almost consider that a challenge, but I confess that I will not digress...on purpose)....

Rainbow Six is a good one, I've heard. And if you've got $120 between the two of you, you could get a copy of Guitar hero 2 and two of the real controllers. Or just $80...I'm seeding a torrent with the ISO for GH2.

You could play Defcon, that's a great game. And only one of you would have to buy it, because its a 1-person limit on how many demo players per game.

Playing Doom 3 in Co-Op...if you want a buzz kill, cos the best way is to isolate yourself for hours and play it in a dark room. It'll wire you up.

you're seeding a torrent? what standard? I kinda get picky when it comes to games... I will only get an NTSC version of the game if there is no PAL version of it.

But yeah I heard that guitar hero was cool so i might as well buy the guitars and download the game.

oh... and Tales of Symphonia is a co-op game. But it's pretty rare nowadays. Don't bother about any other of the tales games though Flibbo (if you still live in England that is), they only other tales games released in europe were the very very shitty GBA version of Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Eternia for PSP (which was released as Tales of Destiny II for the PSX in North America) and i don't think any of them are multiplayer anyways. BUT... if you have a modchip and a tv that supports 60 herts then you can get all of the tales games (except for rebirth and Destiny 2 which was only released in japan). BUT if you can speak and read Japanese than you can get Tales of Rebith and Tales of Destiny 2 too... and I will be very jealous of you :)
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:55 pm

Uh....Uh....It's an iso from guitar hero. I didn't rip it, that requires haxxoring of a ps2, and I haven't ordered the modchip($80) as I am damn near broke. I don't know what standard version Harmonix puts their games onto discs with...but that's probably the one if you find out.

You'd have to have a PS2 capable of running iso's by some means. I'm not sure if that means simply having a HDD or what, but you could find out because I ended up getting the legit copy anyways...

ToS is multi player...only in battle mode, so you end up actually looking for battles when you have friends playing. They'd better fucking LOVE ToS and be patient as all hell or the multi player joys diminish quickly.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby CJ » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:00 pm

you don't need to hack the ps2 to rip a game. You just put the disc into your pc's DVD drive and make an ISO. and you can burn the ISO onto a disc and play it on a modded console (or an unmodded console using swap magic) You need to hack the X-Box to rip the games because of some retarded files system the discs have.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Cryora » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:05 pm

Rainbow Six Vegas has a fun co-op, but you'll easily see that some important things in the single-player are missing in the co-op, like voice overs and room takedown.
Cryora
Plyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:24 pm

I'm not 100% certain if the patch fixed it, but your constructive criticism reminded me of the bugs that players experienced early-on...

Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Cryora » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:50 pm

Well the patch didn't fix it for the PC version, but I'm not sure about the XBox360.
Cryora
Plyn

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:51 pm

There's still a little problem, but a lot less than before. Sometimes it stops working completely for one game, then comes back in the next.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:00 pm

Cryora wrote:Well the patch didn't fix it for the PC version, but I'm not sure about the XBox360.

Just use a Vent. server instead.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Previous

Return to Gaming