Co op Games

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Co op Games

Postby Flibbo » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:46 pm

Me and my freind are beggining to enjoy getting together and playing some co op games. So far we've played through Halo, Halo 2, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and half life using a fun little mod.

I'm running out of co op titles now though, so i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I have all platforms except PS3, and i don't care about genre (well, perhaps not sport, depends on what sport).

(i'm predicting a topic derail in 5 posts, and something politically uncorrect from Holstein by the end of the first page)
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:45 pm

( I almost consider that a challenge, but I confess that I will not digress...on purpose)....

Rainbow Six is a good one, I've heard. And if you've got $120 between the two of you, you could get a copy of Guitar hero 2 and two of the real controllers. Or just $80...I'm seeding a torrent with the ISO for GH2.

You could play Defcon, that's a great game. And only one of you would have to buy it, because its a 1-person limit on how many demo players per game.

Playing Doom 3 in Co-Op...if you want a buzz kill, cos the best way is to isolate yourself for hours and play it in a dark room. It'll wire you up.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Shindy » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:04 pm

DeltaForce Land Warrior, its a bit old but some of the servers have insanely hard co ops. many maps too.

Americas Army has a co op now, two maps. Interdiction and some other desert map.
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:57 pm

Metal Slug is co-op right? Thats always fun.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby War » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:30 pm

Kirby All-Star is a great co-op game.
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:32 am

Perfect Dark, if you enjoy single digit FPS numbers.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:20 pm

Shindy wrote:DeltaForce Land Warrior, its a bit old but some of the servers have insanely hard co ops. many maps too.

Americas Army has a co op now, two maps. Interdiction and some other desert map.

Holy crap, DF:LW... I remember that game. It was freakin badass back in the day.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:59 pm

BALDUR'S GATE.
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby Flibbo » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:28 am

AznChipmunk wrote:BALDUR'S GATE.

Funny you should mention that, since i last posted we've gotten pretty far on the origional baldurs gate and we're planning on getting the other games.

I have a bard :D
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:52 am

Flibbo wrote:I have a bard :D

"Cough" Homosexual! "Cough"

:P
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:56 am

Of all things, a friggin bard? thats by far the worst class, Not to mention that importing your BG 1 Bard to BG2 is useless because BG 2 offers the Blade package that makes bards suck half as much. (seriously, only druids suck as much as bards)

GO FOR THE EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Ferios » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:33 am

If you want something that is somewhat good, you could go for Gunbound. If you do, however, it's probably best to only play between the two of you.. Which makes the game less fun, as there are only two of you. No, no, it's probably not worth it. The game has a big download (though it is free) and between hackers, shit-talkers and people who actually can legitly play the game perfectly, it's sure to be a boring trip. Almost sounds like Counter-Strike when I put it that way.

But if you've played something like Worms and like that style of game, go for it. I just recommend playing with more than two people. Given the choice between the two, Worms rocks Gunbound. But Worms isn't free. Unless you torrent search for an iso, of course. Which is what I did.

Sage Of The Wise wrote:Metal Slug is co-op right? Thats always fun.

Metal Slug is awesome to play two-player. It doesn't even matter which one in particular, as they are all great. In fact, if you're a cheap bastard like me, check out MAME. There are lots of decent and almost-legal arcade games to be played on it. The King of Fighters series, if you like Street Fighter-esque fighting games, is pretty good. I'll hook you up with a pm or email or something with some rom or emulator links later on, if you're interested in this, as they are technically illegal (just like RM2k!) if you don't own the origional game. And very few people who actually own an arcade machine would ever use them, I think.

In other words, I'm just covering my own ass by not posting those links here. I had a few ready, and don't think it would bother anything or anyone (since there's no rule posted on it), but thought better of it. Just holler if you want 'em.

Flibbo wrote:
AznChipmunk wrote:BALDUR'S GATE.

Funny you should mention that, since i last posted we've gotten pretty far on the origional baldurs gate and we're planning on getting the other games.

Is Baldur's Gate good multiplayer? I've never actually tried that. If you do that, though, you might as well try the Icewind Dale games multiplayer. Again, I have no idea how great that really is, because I've never done it.

There are a lot of Half-Life mods you could choose from, and Sven Co-op is definately the best. It's probably the one you mentioned playing. Look for the Resident Evil maps for that particular option, if you haven't all ready.

Hm. I'm sure I could think of some more, given enough caffeine.. But I'm too tired to think in anything but circles right now. I'm gonna go crash, but tonight will probably yield more ideas when I resume consciousness.
"Madness takes it's toll.. Please have exact change."
Ferios
Plyn

Postby Flibbo » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:18 am

Ferios wrote:Is Baldur's Gate good multiplayer? I've never actually tried that. If you do that, though, you might as well try the Icewind Dale games multiplayer. Again, I have no idea how great that really is, because I've never done it.

It was a little hard to set up at first but that was probably some network problem which seemed to have fixed itself since the previous time we had tried. It's quite fun to do multiplayer in my opinion, but theres a lot of arguing as to who gets the good equipment and which quest we go on next.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:05 am

Fireball the rest of the party and take their stuff
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Shindy » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:08 am

heyey, u could go for Gunz. its got a quest mode. its free and its hosted on the same site as gunbound. u need 1.5mb con if u wanna enjoy 16 player.
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Next

Return to Gaming