I was wondering...

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:00 pm

Save yourself the trouble, and don't bother with Laxius Power. I remember finding the link on Don's forums like 2000 years ago. I recall so vividly because the author had (poor) softcore hentai in their sig saying you "see more" in the game. I, of course, being 12, decided to give it a shot. I desperately tried to get through the game, but there comes a point where you give up. It's so dull, repetitive, charisma less and overtly difficult that it isn't even worth a second of your time. It's like playing every bad anime fan-fiction ever made.

Not learning my lesson, I decided to give Laxius Power 3 a shot. "Sure, everyone starts out bad..." I thought. Then I checked out the developer's website, and it was full of ecstatic claims of it being like 8000 hours long or something. I shrugged and downloaded it anyway. It's no better. There is a marginal graphical improvement, but I still couldn't surmount all the issues. It seems the game really tries to sell itself with artwork (I will say that 3 had pretty good artwork), but there's just nothing to back it up.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:41 pm

TTHW has enough story branches to keep you playing forever. The mediocre face sets are the only thing that keeps the game from being perfect.

And that its sequal feels like its been in development almost as long as ABL.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby HolsteinCow » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:33 am

I tried playing TTHW, but I couldn't get past the part some time after the Duchess got magic powers and you have to go through a giant fucking desert which is impossible because you'll become thristy before long and it drains your health and then you get picked apart by small children.
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:04 am

The trick is buying a LOT of water.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:41 pm

Am I the only one who has no problem with it? 100 badin is more than enough, and thats cheap. Not to mention you will loose all your money at the end of the desert anyway so you can spend as much as you want.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:28 pm

That reminds me of something. When you get robbed in the desert you lose any of the tablet fragments that you have collected. Is there some way to get them back? If not it seems like the only way to collect them all would be to leave any that can be found before the desert in their chests and come back for them later and I don't see why anyone would think of doing that unless they already knew what was going to happen.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:53 pm

When you're in the Rescue the Duchess from Duke Greene phase, head to Lower Arcadia township, a town to the east past the Arcadian checkpoint (you'll need a 50 or 100 GP bribe). Meet up with North and Clifton at the Inn. Instead of immediately going to Dillon, you'll head north through a cave to Duke Greene's villa. Benson and Mauldin are an optional fight (you need to fiddle around with the switch puzzle in there) in a room off of the eastern stairwell. Once you beat them you get back all your Rune Tablet shards, Lucama's amulet, and all those other unique items. Be warned if you do this, since you wont be able to do the Rescue the Town Elder sidequest at Berkeley later on.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sling » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:49 am

I got stuck against the fight against the old guy in the desert.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:50 pm

So, in a fit of "god-dammit-I-cant-sleep-so-I-may-as-well-play-a-game" I started TTHW. I understand fragments are useful. Should I just...Not get any from chests in this desert you speak of?
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:58 pm

What happens is that you get your items stolen in the desert which includes any Rune Tablet fragments you have. I was asking if you just need to not collect any of them before this point and then get them later, but Jeramyu just explained a way to get them back that I didn't know about.

I would suggest that you save in a lot of different slots because the game is very long and there are a lot of things that can be missed.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:46 pm

Ah, okay then. Thanks for the advice.

Does the music ever ....exist?

Doubly edit:

Huh, now the musics on...meh *shrugs* Don't know what happened there.
Last edited by Teenr0cker on Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby War » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:46 pm

From what I hear there isn't going to be a sequel to TTHW, but another game that is just set in the same place...
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:54 pm

They made that fairly clear on their own website.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby PseudoFlare » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:51 pm

http://www.queenscourt.org/othergames.php

Pillage and play.

After you're done with that, tell us the good ones here so we don't have to waste time downloading every piece of crap available.
PseudoFlare
Plyn

Location: A really short way, just left of your street 3 blocks ahead.

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:19 pm

*spacer post*
Last edited by EmperorJeramyu on Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming