WTF?

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

WTF?

Postby CJ » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:29 pm

Yeah... so i was installing farcry and for some fucked up reason it looked like i was installing oblivion.

Does anyone know how this happened. Is oblivion just so trancendently awesome it somehow "Possesed" farcry into thinking it was actually good?
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Re: WTF?

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:36 pm

CJ wrote:Does anyone know how this happened. Is oblivion just so trancendently awesome it somehow "Possesed" farcry into thinking it was actually good?

That's the only logical explanation.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby MusashiEX » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:48 am

CJ wrote:Does anyone know how this happened. Is oblivion just so trancendently awesome it somehow "Possesed" farcry into thinking it was actually good?

Isn't it obvious?
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:59 pm

Its moments like these that remind me how I already need a better computer to play theses kinds of games.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:32 pm

I'm still powering through all the kickass titles Jera recommended a week or so back. And I've got GH II and uh....ff7 for the computer that I never really finished...
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:51 am

i just cant get myself to complete FF7, its so dull...
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:29 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:i just cant get myself to complete FF7, its so dull...

Before anyone else jumps on you for that, I kinda agree. FF7 was a great game when it was released, it was one of the best RPGs to date and that definitely wasn't because of the storyline.

As for the topic, I've never seen that happen before but as long as the game runs fine, ignore it.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:20 pm

That's why I stopped...It was innovative and new for its time and all that jazz, but I kept finding myself waiting for that moment where I am just -amazed- by the game somehow.

It doesn't help that I've seen Advent Children and too many videos with the plot-heavy elements (crucial turning points, etc) so I already know the general premise of the plot...It's cool in some parts, like a homey with a machine-gun arm and a heart of gold, but I don't know...eh...
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:30 am

Everyone always hypes FF7's story to a godly level, and the story really sucks.(or it takes way to long to get good and i just havent played as much, which is just as bad). The battle system, no matter how good it was 10 years ago, is just slow today. The controls suck, but I'm using a keybord so thats expected.

Which all makes me wonder how this could be anywhere close to the best game ever.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:05 pm

Did you play RPGs pre-PS2/Gamecube/Xbox? Decent RPGs weren't exactly common, I remember waiting several months for Lufia 2 for SNES because they delayed it and I had nothing to play in that time.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:26 pm

Are you kidding? that was the golden age of RPGs.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby CJ » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:25 pm

that sucks... We missed out on the golden age of RPGs. I feel like shooting someone now... (not myself).
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Poenaensis » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:29 pm

CJ wrote:that sucks... We missed out on the golden age of RPGs. I feel like shooting someone now... (not myself).

*snorts*

FF7 is a good game to play: reasonable story, good lifespan, good music.

I still enjoy it.
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:17 pm

I'm just saying the game isnt that fun and that it shouldn't be concidered so great if it can't stand the test of time. That has nothing to do with how rare good RPGs were "back in the day". Which is a completly different aregument seeing how atleast to me good rpgs were more common back then, then now.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:37 pm

Sage, if you hate the controls sooooo much...

Go to Redoctane's webstore, get their little ps2 to usb/gamecube/xbox converty thingy...Then grab a ps2 controller and plug it in, configure the settings (the controller's recognized as a joy stick or something), and try it then....

of course, I'm not going to bother with FF7 for a while...Too much to do, and then there's that school stuff I hear so much about these days...
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Next

Return to Gaming