Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Starcraft 2

Postby Shindy » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:09 pm

have ur sound on, but ignore the music.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6053569246
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:15 pm

So....New graphics, and they added a new race, which will no doubt be stupid, cos Blizzard tweaked SC's units for an almost ideal balance between 3 races.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0823397003

watch around 6:30. He gets a hatchery up, then gets kamikaze scourge thingies to take out the ...uh...carriers, yeah, that's the name...
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:39 pm

Some guy in the comments wrote:TO ALL OF YOU F**KING RETARDS THIS IS NOT STARCRAFT TWO! IT IS A COMMAND AND CONQUER MOD!!!!!
TO ALL OF YOU F**KING RETARDS THIS IS NOT STARCRAFT TWO! IT IS A COMMAND AND CONQUER MOD!!!!!
TO ALL OF YOU F**KING RETARDS THIS IS NOT STARCRAFT TWO! IT IS A COMMAND AND CONQUER MOD!!!!!
TO ALL OF YOU F**KING RETARDS THIS IS

Apparently, this isn't Starcraft 2, but a command and conquer mod. I mean, it's not like it's hard to tell. The graphics are only marginally improved, all of the sound effects are exactly the same, the unit portraits are exactly the same, there were no new units or races of any kind, oh, and uh... the strange screens with some foreign language babble on it with stolen background music from DDR and the matrix. I would expect Blizzard to have a higher standard than that, especially for such a huge franchise. Supreme Commander, now that looks pimp.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Ferios » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:25 pm

Figured it wasn't Starcraft II, as Blizzard is currently too obsessed with World of Warcraft to work on anything else. Not that this isn't without reason, of course, because maintaining players' attention in a MMORPG is tough work. Or so I'd imagine. That coupled with maintaining the game itself, et cetera.

Still, it's marginally unfair for those of us who lean toward the Starcraft side of Blizzard. No worries about a Starcraft MMORPG, however, as I believe there is one already. Called Anarchy Online or some such.. The game's hurting for players, too, from when I last heard. Sci-fi stuff in general is just less popular than medieval fantasy, I would assume.

Er, before I go off on a large(r) off-topic rant, I'll press the submit button.
"Madness takes it's toll.. Please have exact change."
Ferios
Plyn

Postby War » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:59 am

For what ever reason Blizzard is holding off on making a Starcraft2 even though more people like it then Warcraft 3 >_>

There is always that Starcraft Ghost game that has been in the works for about the same amount of time DukeNukem forever has been in the works.

I just think they are waiting so they can make something even better then Starcraft and not just a updated graphics.

Also Supreme Commander is pimp. I have been following that game for awhile.
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:06 am

For what ever reason Blizzard is holding off on making a Starcraft2

They have this little side-project called "WoW", but I think the code-name is Money-Tree
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Ferios » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:35 am

War wrote:For what ever reason Blizzard is holding off on making a Starcraft2 even though more people like it then Warcraft 3 >_>

There is always that Starcraft Ghost game that has been in the works for about the same amount of time DukeNukem forever has been in the works.

I didn't understand the first line very well. Weird sentence structure.
However, I do see 'Starcraft Ghost' in the second one, and I think I get the gist of it.

Starcraft: Ghost has been on hold for so long.. And I haven't seen any mention of it as a PC game. Of course, what's waiting a few more months for a PC version of Ghost when it's going to take forever to initially come out for whatever the hell systems they're being indecisive on.

The last quote I saw from the headman of Blizzard about it went something like this...

Michael Morhaime wrote:We want to explore the capabilities of next-generation consoles to create the best game we can.

That was from, what, September of '04? Under the assumption that the line means PS3 and the Wii.. Well, the consoles are out now. Can we get a status report on the game? *Twitch, twitch*
"Madness takes it's toll.. Please have exact change."
Ferios
Plyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:12 am

Don't worry, no one understands war.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:03 pm

The rank-up sounds give it away, along with some other things. I forgot all about Supreme Commander, thank you for reminding me, but I'm really waiting for the next Command and Conquer. Hopefully this one will be a little more entertaining than Generals.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:25 am

I've been waiting for Supreme Commander forever now, I'll probably have to buy whole bunch of upgrades now to even run it though. Good thing Total Annihilation doesnt take anything to run, that never gets boring.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Shindy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:42 pm

yeah ive thought that it looked too much like C&C too.
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Return to Gaming