SIXAXIS Controllers

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

SIXAXIS Controllers

Postby Greatchickenman » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:48 pm

Also entitled: Don't be stupid like me and buy a PS3.

So far, after being stepped on or sat on only one time, I've destroyed two of these flimsy SIXAXIS controllers. The R2 or L2 button (The L2 button in both of my cases) simply rips itself off, and never comes back together again.

For weeks I've been desperately trying to defend my decision as a good choice, but every day it seems that a game is going from PS3 exclusive to 360 exclusive or becomes multiplatformed.

Why hath Sony forsaken me and so many other people? And why am I the only one having this problem? It's not like I'm overweight or anything, so controllers shouldn't simply disassemble after being stepped on one time. I mean, I've stepped on, mashed, thrown, etc. to all of my old controllers and none of them have ever broken. So why is it that within one month of having my Playstation 3 I've lost 2 controllers?
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Stedar » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:25 pm

Not sure, but that's why I plan on waiting at least a while more before I spend my save money on Ps3s or X box 360s.

I would go to the store and return it (while complaining) or at least try to, personally.
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:25 pm

Yeah, of course I told them they were defective both times. I can't even consider myself lying. Controllers of such terrible quality should be considered defective. And don't get me started on how droll and useless the motion sensitivity is.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:31 pm

Why'd you think I waited until only recently to get a PS2? I've heard so much shit-talk about Sony's stuff, so I didn't bother.

Shit man, sorry to hear that. I think the best you can do is hope and wait.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:01 pm

I'd say its because Sony doesnt care about you once they get your $600 for the console to begin with, but since they manage to loose money even at that price, I havent the slightest clue.

Unless its the only way they can get you to buy more stuff.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Ferios » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:02 pm

From what I understand, lots of stuff nowadays is simply made to break. I've got a centuries-old pair of wooden chairs that my grandfather owned, and they're the sturdiest pieces of furnature in the house. Lower-quality products means purchasing/repairing more products, which means spending more money. It makes sense to me.

Of course, I don't know how sturdy an Atari was because I've never owned one. But my Nintendo is one of the hardiest systems I own. Unless something gets spilled on it, I can see it outliving many of my newer systems. And it was around when the way to get it to work again if it messed up was to kick it.

Sucks, though. I broke a Gamecube controller the same way. :/

I should probably go get a PS2 soon.
"Madness takes it's toll.. Please have exact change."
Ferios
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:34 pm

The only Nintendo product I've ever had break was when my little brother chewed the rubber off the Gamecube analog stick. I've had my GBC run over buy a car and it still works fine, just has a crack along the side.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:55 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:The only Nintendo product I've ever had break was when my little brother chewed the rubber off the Gamecube analog stick. I've had my GBC run over buy a car and it still works fine, just has a crack along the side.

Was this a remote controlled car?
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Ferios » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:32 am

Well.. I kind of, you know, threw the controller at the ground when I got pissed off with a certain event match in Super Smash Bros Melee. It coincidentally landed right on the analog stick, and it snapped internally.

It would probably be easy to fix, but I've never needed more than one controller for my Gamecube anyway. Nobody else to play with. >.>
"Madness takes it's toll.. Please have exact change."
Ferios
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:50 pm

Strayed Wanderer wrote:
Sage Of The Wise wrote:The only Nintendo product I've ever had break was when my little brother chewed the rubber off the Gamecube analog stick. I've had my GBC run over buy a car and it still works fine, just has a crack along the side.

Was this a remote controlled car?

Try Minivan.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:00 pm

How mini?
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby PseudoFlare » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:47 pm

BIG mini-me.

Stick with your PS2 'cause I had that system for 4 years now and it never failed me. The only time I broke a controller is when I lost the controller.

Also PS2 has the biggest range of games (over 9000 I guess. I read that it's over 8000 somewhere but I just said 9000 because I remember a funny video anime clip from my friend's MP4 player :P ) you'll ever see. If you have 2 controllers, GET SOUL CALIBER II NOW!!! Best game I've ever played and I completely owned my brother with Maxi (Extra Mode, Maxi VS. 8 other guys.).
PseudoFlare
Plyn

Location: A really short way, just left of your street 3 blocks ahead.

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:37 pm

You don't do it justice, like sarcasm. He has seamless integration and stuff.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby MusashiEX » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:08 pm

I had a lot of Nintendo products destroyed. Though it was all in the last month or so. I already destroyed 2 Wii-motes. The bands keep slipping off! Other than that, I've never had a Nintendo product die on me. PS2, on the other hand, is garbage. I just lightly fell on it, and it broke. I have jump on my N64, and it was still ok. I had my Gamecube fall on to the ground from a two story building, and it was still ok. Not even scratched. Well, a little. Xbox 360 though, is a weakling as well. I dropped it while carrying it home (car broke down... like a ps2 would) and the hard drive was broken. I had to spend another hundred for a hard drive.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:15 pm

Strayed Wanderer wrote:How mini?

Not very.

Do you want me to take a picture of the gameboy or somthing?
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Next

Return to Gaming