Cave Story Remix?!?

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Cave Story Remix?!?

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:54 pm

Some friend of mine linked me this over AIM today...They would later admit having gotten it from a VG Cats news post, but I'm more concerned with how they didn't know it was based off a game.

http://kwix.shackspace.com/cavestory/home.htm

It's pretty bitchin'. I don't put anything I don't like into my iTunes library, and this is definitely going in.

Heres the game, new-comers:

http://agtp.romhack.net/doukutsu.html
Last edited by Teenr0cker on Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:01 pm

I loved the Cave Story music, definatly going to look into this.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:52 am

And here I thought Plato made a comeback . . . :(
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:09 pm

I already have this, it's wicked phat.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:45 pm

And you never told anyone?!?

And I love "Ballrawg"! It took a few instances of the song playing that one voice clip to realize that the person's saying "Huzzah!". Pretty cool.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Ferios » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:55 pm

This is pretty damn cool. Cave Story is one of the games I've had sitting around halfway finished for a long time, but it's got wonderful music.

If you're a video game music whore like I am, Overclocked Remix has some great songs. goat is one of my personal favorite remixers. Some also-good ones are Quinn Fox, who is one of the guys that worked on the Cave Story remixes, McVaffe, and djpretzel. There are certainly more, but those are just the off-the-top-of-my-head ones. And I'm done advertising now. >.>
"Madness takes it's toll.. Please have exact change."
Ferios
Plyn

Postby PseudoFlare » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:36 pm

Damn, this dope is awesome, pure awesome.

I just listened to Mimiga Vibe and I'm thinking of putting every one of them in my PDA memory card. It's just too bad that it can only hold up to 128 MB...
PseudoFlare
Plyn

Location: A really short way, just left of your street 3 blocks ahead.

Postby Fitz Tayo » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:02 am

Teenr0cker wrote:And you never told anyone?!?

Making topics takes a small amount of effort on my part. Screw that.
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:40 pm

But what about discussion of potential topics you would start?!? Say, right here and now, if I were to offer you that option, that I would find the means to make said topic for you, like a delicious savory intellectual morsel, would you accept it?

Oh, and random new guy? I can't be bothered to scroll back up and fake remembering your name...Ghetto Lee Lewis. Everyone loves Pretzel, but I'm under the impress he, gee, runs the fuckin' site?
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:50 pm

Yes, I would accept that offer had it not just occured to me that would require my informing you of every potential topic. Screw that.

Also, DJ Pretzel owns, well, most of the time, some of his remixes I can't stand and some I love. Booster Tarantino is one of my favourates, but then again one of the Xenogears numbers he did, can't remember which one, I think is a pile of wank marinated in ass sauced with a hazel nut centre.

Yeah, also, hazel nut bites.
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:45 pm

Alas, what topics that could have been that shalt never be!

Pretzel's pretty hit-and-miss in my book too, but I can't say in the same way or degree as yourself.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Ferios » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:01 pm

Teenr0cker wrote:Ghetto Lee Lewis. Everyone loves Pretzel, but I'm under the impress he, gee, runs the fuckin' site?

Well, it's a matter of opinion. I know Pretzel runs the site, but I didn't say I like all of the music he makes. I'm sorry if you misunderstood.

Ghetto Lee Lewis isn't one of my top picks, but he is one of only two people who actually made a Final Fantasy Tactics remix. So I respect him for that.
"Madness takes it's toll.. Please have exact change."
Ferios
Plyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:15 pm

Same for me, only for Breath Of Fire 2. Great times.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:21 pm

Heh, I've known about this from about the time it was released. I used it in one of my demos a while back.
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Return to Gaming