FFXII = Halo 2

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Do new video games take decreasingly less skills to play?

Yes.
80%
No.
15%
Maybe?
5%

Total votes : 20

Postby Forerunner » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:54 am

Well I've managed to get my hands on Tournesol, it did take ages.
I'm still to where I was before (Crossing the Sea and going to the lighthouse at Pharos), which is apparently close to the end.
I had a fair amount of money massed up, and after looking into which places to get the materials it only took me 2 days to collect it all (ignoring all the materials I'd previously sold while going through the games story). It's pretty strong, but looks a bit gay. The main advantage it has over the Excalibur (which is much easier to get, I got it first try) other than the slightly higher attack is the lack of holy element, which is annoying because most (all? I'm not sure) Elementals and Entities absorb the damage.

I missed out on the Genji armour thought which thoroughly pisses me off. Right now whenever I play it I try to finish off the last (or maybe second last) lot of hunts before I finish the game.

I've forgotten how to get the Wyrmhero Blade, other than that you have to finish the fishing trial and beat the hardest boss, but I remember that it's attack is 130 (equal to Excalibur I believe) and it's effect is that the user automatically has Bravery and Faith on them. Although the Zodiac Spear has higher attack and slightly faster attack speed, I think the Wyrmhero Blade would be better.

I imagine a party using Tournesol, the Zodiac Spear, and the Wyrmhero Blade and find myself drooling a little.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:29 pm

I'm not that far. I've just got to the Mosphoran Highwastes, although I'm currently hunting the Trickster, which is a complete and utter bastard to kill.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:03 am

Forerunner wrote:Although the Zodiac Spear has higher attack and slightly faster attack speed, I think the Wyrmhero Blade would be better.

Wyrmhero Blade is horrible. If the person using it is hasted, berserked, and another person using a gun is slowed, they'd fight at the same speed. Seriously. It takes about 20 minutes to get a hit in.

And for Trickster, hit him with Bio after he uses his paling. If you want to do it quickly, equip your party with Mirror Mail or Ruby Ring for self-reflect and bounce Bios at yourself.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:05 am

I pretty managed to beat the flying fuck outta him before he used that. I wonder if a Quickening chain would finish him off or would that not work. I nearly managed to pull of a Black Hole the other day but fell short by 1 move.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:37 am

Quickening is physical damage, so it would only work before he uses paling.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:50 am

MusashiEX wrote:Quickening is physical damage, so it would only work before he uses paling.

I thought quickenings counted as magic, atleast the last time I checked.

Since the fact that they use mana and all.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:16 pm

It does physical damage, though it uses mp.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:20 pm

Killed it by using a quickening chain. After he used paling 8) Beaten, King Bomb as well, now I am training up to beat Antlion.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:03 am

...You killed something with a quickening after they used paling? Or do you mean that you killed it with quickening after the paling fell? Because I'm very sure that quickenings do physical damage. At least for the NA version.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:24 am

I dunno. I kicked ths shite out of him pretty bad, His HP bar looked about right for 'paling time' or maybe I accidentally killed him before he used it. Hmm, well my Guide says 'Reflect Non-Elemental magic onto him' or 'See if you can build a successive Quickening chain'.

Any tips for Antlion?
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:35 am

Oh, you probably killed him before he used it or it wore off. By Reflect Non-Elemental magic onto him, it means to reflect Bio or something on him. Which I informed you of. And by See if you can build a successive Quickening chain, I assume it means kill him in one quickening.

For Antlion, kill those mantis things with him first, or he'll cannibalize them and level up. A lot. And that chest near him contains the best gun (which sucks).
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:03 pm

What level should I be? I've got some better armour and weapons (the best available so far I think) and just been on training spree. Half my characters are level 39 the other half are level 38.

My plan is, rush in my level 38 characters. Do a massive quickening chain. Batter the crap out of Antlion until they die. Switch to level 39 characters. Let off another massive quickening chain. Batter the crap out of Antlion and hope I kill him before he kills me. If Antlion was a regular enemy then I wouldn' care that much as my characters weapons randomly inflict Disable, but being a Mark he's probably immune.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:32 pm

I really don't know what level you should be, since I was at level 99 at that point. I chained Dustia right after Raithwall. And about quickenings... don't rely on them. Later on, they'll do a pitiful amount of damage. Save first. If you can kill it with a few quickenings, go ahead. I wouldn't recommend it, but the results are more important than the means. Quite possibly, the quickening won't work. I'd check on Antlion's stats, but I'm extremely lazy and I have to register for school tomorrow at 11. If the quickening doesn't kill him, load the save from before you fought him. Slowly advance while killing off the mantis things after buffing your characters. As soon as he does any action, inflict him with Disease, Reverse, Slow and Silence with NihoRemedy. Berserk one of your characters, while spamming Aero(ga) with another, since he and his posse are weak to wind. Have one character available for healing. Focus on killing the other enemies first. If he manages to Cannibalize one enemy, he will grow about 5 levels. After the second enemy, he'll grow an additional 10 levels. DON'T LET HIM CANNIBALIZE.

EDIT: He has 106499 HP, 999 MP, and is level 37. You can't even do that much with a quickening. Maybe two Black Holes. Maybe.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:12 am

Well at my current level and with my current weapons, the damage varies from 1 to 2 thousand per strike, except Penelo who has a better weapon I found in a chest somewhere who can do up to 2600. Wish me luck...
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:19 am

As long as he doesn't Cannibalize, you should be fine. Get Aero or Aeroga first, though. Use it to finish off the Killer Mantis fast. Make sure that they are all dead.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming