FFXII = Halo 2

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Do new video games take decreasingly less skills to play?

Yes.
80%
No.
15%
Maybe?
5%

Total votes : 20

Postby Telephalsion » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:37 am

Hah, just pull a quickening chain on him and if you manage to get one of the goot concurrences then all the critters will die from the AoE.
Otherwise, berserk him, decoy and reverse one of your chars.

If you have those spells.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:54 pm

I got 2 really crap concurrences and it took half his health off.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:42 pm

Antlion's not that dangerous, though his normal attack can cause disable. 4% chance. Just don't let him Cannibalize.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:42 am

Killed it. Trained to level 40, let off 2 concurences. Ark Blast and Luminscence (and it had cannibalised). I then went after Blood Wing in the Barheim passage. Little did I know that the deadbones that frquent the are blood wing appears in have magicks that can go through reflect. I nearly killed blood wing but then Vaan decided to attack rather than cast Fira despite having enough MP and that Blood wing is flying and he had a non-ranged weapon. Vaan then died and being my last character left alive, game over.

On the plus side, I now have the Canopic Jar/Morbid Urn and 3 of the Forgotten Grimoire's: - Sage's, Warmage's and Hunter's Monographs. So far I have 1 Serpents Eye and 15 Arcana's. I think I have some time before I get the Tournesol.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:47 am

Did you get Zalera(sp?) yet? It's near Blood Wing.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:57 am

No, I have killed Blood Wing. I just set gambits for everyone to cast Fira on the nearest ally with reflect, as they all had Mirror Mail, it worked rather well. I haven't gone for Zalera yet, though I know where he is. I'm only level 41 and so need to train. I'm curently hunting Roblos in the Nabreus Deadlands but all the bastard Dead Bones etc keep ganking me. That bastard Crystal Bug was a pain to kill too, then again I am 5 levels under what I should be to enter this location...
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:54 am

I didn't know Zalera was there on my first run, and I forgot to save. Extremely fun. I turned the gambits off and manually did everything. Started off with two quickenings, but I messed it up, 'cause I didn't know how to use them back them. I kept PDing my party while attacking Zalera. I had about 15 seconds left when I beat him.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:28 pm

Goddamn it, I keep screwing up the quickenings. Every time, I'm 1 move away from doing a Black Hole, yet I somehow fuck it up and only get a Luminscence which all the Dead Bones seem to miraculously survive and then proceed to gank my characters again.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:20 pm

Try chucking a Phoenix Down at it.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:20 pm

Which one? One of the Dead Bones or Roblos? If you're talking about the Dead Bones, then I tried reflecting Raise off one of my characters with Mirror Mail but it was Immune. I have Curaja now, so if I buy heaps of Elixirs or whatever I can buy that heals MP then I can lay waste to them and have enough MP to unleash a Quickening Chain upon Roblos, restore MP and then kick his ass some more... Trouble is, I need monies for items... and for better armour and for more Magicks and Equipment. I may just go in the Necrohol of Nabudis, nab the Zodiac spear (as long as I haven't opened any of the 'Do-Not-Open' urns/chests) and then find the Zodiac Escutcheon and equip it to Vaan (who has a Bubble Belt) and the put Bravery, Beserk, Protect and Decoy on him.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:56 pm

Oh... I remember this guy. He's near the last medallion for Chaos. The dead bones around him don't spawn forever. Kill them first. You'll be surprised by how many there are. It goes around the alphabet a couple of times, but they stop eventually. Or just drop a quickening or five.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:22 am

It's odd, I can kill an Undin Entite but not these bastards, and I'm like, level 44 now. I try to kill them first, but my characters just seem to die. I need monies, lots of it...
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Re: FFXII = Halo 2

Postby Sling » Tue May 27, 2008 7:40 am

POINTLESS AND COMPLETELY UNNECCESSARY BUMP:
I've started playing FFXII again after not playing in awhile, so far I have beaten evey mark up to the two in the Pharos Subterra. I beat Gilgamesh, Cuchullain and Zalera at level 53, and I beat Ultima at level 60. I just have to beat Zodiarc but for some reason his Darkja kill my characters despite the fact they have Demon Shields. I am also just a few items away from obtaining the Tournesol. I have 1 Empyreal Soul and 1 Gemsteel already and I have the neccessary items to make 2 more of each minus 2 Damscus Steel, 2 Soul Powders and a Wargod's Band. I then need 16 items to make the 3 Serpentarius' and then bish, bash, bosh, sorted. 1 Tournesol.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Wed May 28, 2008 2:03 am

I've probably said it before, but after beating Zodiark I hung around in that cave and leveled Vaan to 99. Taking him on is a complete bitch if your only non-elemental spell is Bio.

Which reminds me, after what point can you get Scathe, and where? I stopped playing after I unlocked the group of marks with Fafnir in it because I want to finish everything I can before following the plot and it won't fucking snowstorm.
(Fafnir? Famfrit? Fenrir? Fuck)
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Wed May 28, 2008 3:43 am

You get Scathe in the Necrohol of Nabudis from the Baknamy Merchant in the hidden section of the Hall of Effulgent Light once Sky Fortress Bahamut appears. I'm currently after Shadowseer in Hell''s Challenge of the Pharos Subterra. I'm going after Shadowseer first becuase it's at the bottom at you have to go for a rather long way of unlocking the Dais of Ascent so it can reach the lower levels and since Ixion randomly appear in one of these floors it saves a lot of time. I'm getting better at slaughtering all the hordes of Mistmare's and Abbadon's that gank you as you in appear in Penumbra. How do you unlock the Hunt for Fafnir? I'm told you need to talk to Rikken in Sacchio Lane of Balfonheim Port but so far I've raced him 17 times and he said shit about Fafnir. Do I need to complete the Wyrm Philsopher's sidequest first?

Apart from that it turns out I misread the guide and I need another Hellgate's Flame and another nugget of Dalmascus Steel, luckily Bune's frequent the North Penumbra in the Pharos Subterra meaning I don't have to go far. Getting another Hellgate's Flame may be a problem as last time I need to rack a chain of 70 Tartarus and Cerberus before I got the 3 Hellgate's Flame I thought I needed.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming