FFXII = Halo 2

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Do new video games take decreasingly less skills to play?

Yes.
80%
No.
15%
Maybe?
5%

Total votes : 20

FFXII = Halo 2

Postby MusashiEX » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:23 pm

I just had an epiphany after trying to play FFVIII. I lost the patience to play RPGs. After getting used to FFXII's gambit system, I can no longer sit down and go through a battle. Just like how Halo 2 's auto-aim made other shooters a lot harder for Halo fans. I had a lot of friends, who use to kill me in quick succession, get killed by a soldier in the first level of GoldenEye. I ask you, are the new video games making us more inept at playing older games? Or is it just me.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:56 pm

Solution.
Don't play Final Fantasy 12
and Turn auto aim off, I think you can If I remember right.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:17 pm

I don't think you can. I rented it so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure that you can't turn it off.
Last edited by MusashiEX on Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:56 am

Then why bother having Halo 2 tournaments? It would be nothing but a test to see whose auto-aim could lock on to the target faster, which in itself is stupid.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby hudabigbadwolf » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:25 am

MusashiEX wrote:I don't think you can. I rented it so I can't check, but I'm pretty that you can't turn it off.

Aren't you very complimentative of yourself? :lol:
hudabigbadwolf
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:29 pm

Didn't we already decide that playing Halo makes you generally more inept at life?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby MusashiEX » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:01 pm

Then we can now add FFXII to the list.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:26 pm

The only good thing about FFXII is that I can throw the hard-back strategy guide at people when they annoy me.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:41 am

I will kill you so you die.
Final Fantasy XII is a droplet of the awesome that is Final Fantasy, unlike Final Fantasy X which was a dropload of shit.

Can anyone say underwater handball?
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:54 pm

I know that FFXII is good. I'm just saying that it reduces your patience... well, my patience and the patience of everyone I know.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:47 pm

Don't worry, I'm starting to enjoy FFXII more now.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:16 pm

I picked up FFXII recently. I've been programming too much recently, because I thought "oh, this is like a bunch of really detailed conditional statements!". I haven't played a FF since 7 and that was on the comp. Lets see how this one fares, hm?
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:54 pm

Well, the story is more politically driven, so if you really like love stories, the story is not for you. Well, actually, considering the amount of time that it took for this game to be made, I really thought that this game would be better. It was disapointing for me. Not that it isn't good. I really liked the gameplay. It's just a lot of it, like espers (the summons), got useless as the game neared the end. A normal enemy killed my Zodiark Esper in 1-on-1. Zodiark is the strongest esper, by the way. Also, weapons aren't equal in strengths. At the end of the game, a gun can do at most 6,000, unless there are other factors (berserk, bravery, critical shot, elemental advantage), while a katana can do 9,999 twelve times in one attack, doing 118,899 damage. And guns attack twice as slow too. Also, there's a boss that has 50 million hp. Thank god for gambits.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:13 am

I heard about that... good ol' square givin Emerald Weapon a run for his money...
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 am

It's doesn't really take that long, since for the first 45 million, you can just leave the game on autopilot. For the last 5 million though, he starts instant killing and doubles all his stats, while making your curajas heal him.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Next

Return to Gaming