Starcraft 2?

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby MusashiEX » Sat May 19, 2007 10:23 am

This was what they were announcing in Korea. People over there have national broadcasts of SC tournaments. How awesome is that?
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Sat May 19, 2007 11:09 am

I've recently got better at SC. I recently beat 3 AI's in a row on Multiplayer, of course, it was 1 AI per game and was on an island map. What WOULD be good is if someone arranged a few games between people here at Crestfallen. Brood War expansion of course.

Anyway, watch, slobber and enjoy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1KnmnFxHoE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1RxXko-AnM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=050akGtHDM4
Last edited by Sling on Sat May 19, 2007 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Sat May 19, 2007 11:14 am

Try spending a few hours watching boxer play. It helped me a lot.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Sat May 19, 2007 11:43 am

Nah, copying others doesn't really get you anywhere, I'm trying to develop my own tactic in which turtling works partially, but so far it only works on island maps and there are still loadsa flaws. But anyway, WATCH THE VIDS GODDAMN IT!!! ANYWAY WHO LOVES SC WILL WATCH THEM!!!!

But anyway, them videos reveal that Protoss get a shite-load of upgrades. Watch to find out...
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Sat May 19, 2007 12:05 pm

I learned all my strategies from AoK. That was a fun game.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sat May 19, 2007 12:50 pm

Watching others and imitating them lets you learn the holes in their strategies to perfect your own, swallow your pride and watch some replays.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sat May 19, 2007 1:10 pm

Oh I do all the time, It's just better to come up with your own way to defeating someone.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat May 19, 2007 6:40 pm

Fuck yes, watch replays.

Here is the reason I don't play BGH anymore: Link

Some Replays to Remember

Some tips and info on APM. If you don't know what APM is, you need this: link

I watched the YouTube vids. I don't think I've had a nerdgasm like that in quite some time.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Mon May 21, 2007 10:39 am

Here is the replay of the greatest battle I've ever had on StarCraft. It was the first time I ever played and about the 4th battle I had since starting to play.

Right-click and save-as

It's ridiculous how close I came to winning. Because I was used to playing C&C I spent too much time building defences and subsequently ran out of money.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Exiled » Mon May 21, 2007 12:39 pm

OMFG after years of waiting my prayers have finally been answered!!
Exiled
S4 Hilyn

Postby MusashiEX » Mon May 21, 2007 12:52 pm

I actually had a friend who lived in Korea and she told me that she had no idea it was going on, even though it was considered to be major news. In the newspaper, a murder was pushed to the second page so that Starcraft can be in the first one.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Angel_OA » Tue May 22, 2007 9:11 am

Hell...it's about time!
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Wed May 23, 2007 12:10 pm

If anyone wants to play me on SC:Brood Wars then search for F BLOCK channel on the US West Server. I'm usually there between 6pm and 9pm GMT (12pm-3pm central american) on Mon-Wed or between 11am and 5pm GMT (6am-11am central american) on Thursday and Friday. Games me and my friends create are usually called BENCH with the game password as COLLEGE.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Shindy » Wed May 23, 2007 7:27 pm

My Korean friends that i sit with at lunch told me about it, asked me if i saw the vids (what the...?). Then some other friend sitting next to me told me they just announced it in korea. Alot of Americans know too, it has to be true for my sake XD
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed May 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Sling, I believe the command "/f add $name" will add somebody to your friend list...

And there's also X-Fire if you're into that.

Personally, I'm sick of B.Net's shitty service. My friends and I periodically go through Blizzard games repeatedly from time to time, so for example last September we got into Diablo II: LoD for a few months. We're kind of always in a SC mood, but there are surges of activity. We all got sick of having to include certain players and exclude others based on who was hosting the game due to latency issues.

So my pal, whose server we abuse for our own needs (Radio server, FTP, Ventrillo), set up G.Net ("Guffy-Net"; We call him 'Guffy' for short, because it sounds cooler than "Eric") and now we use that...So...yeah, good chance even if I do /f add you, I'm probably not gonna be on B.Net.

Who knows, all this media coverage may raise interest in SC here in North America enough for Blizzard to use better servers for a while. One can dream.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming