Starcraft 2?

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Starcraft 2?

Postby MusashiEX » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:40 pm

I'm hearing lot's of things leading me to believe that Starcraft 2 is in development...

Tell me it's true. Please.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:06 pm

Supreme Commander is the new Order, accept the new Way or Perish.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:30 pm

My computer isn't powerful enough to play Supreme Commander; not even on lowest specs.

Even still, Supreme Commander is not the strategy game to rule all strategy games. I think that the next strategy game that Blizzard releases, whether it's good or not, will beat every other on the market.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:04 pm

I like the zoom.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby War » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:38 pm

As long as it isn't anymore warcraft shit. No one wanted WC3. We wanted SC2!
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:19 am

Greatchickenman wrote:My computer isn't powerful enough to play Supreme Commander; not even on lowest specs.

Even still, Supreme Commander is not the strategy game to rule all strategy games. I think that the next strategy game that Blizzard releases, whether it's good or not, will beat every other on the market.

One of the factions fucking taunts with "Accept The Way or Perish!" , if that's not awesome enough one of them has a unit that's called a monkeylord, a bigass cannon the size of your commander that shoots a huge laser nonstop, mounted on 8 spidery metallic legs (granting it the size of a building) that crush anything (units or buildings) beneath them,

They are also amphibious

Beside, my computer is completely average except the dual core, and it runs the game perfecrtly with all settings on High.

And, Supreme Commander is the ONLY real time strategy game, all others are real time skirmishes
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:46 pm

I have to agree. You don't actually have to think in most RTS games. Peon rush.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:57 am

Sarcasm wrote:
Greatchickenman wrote:My computer isn't powerful enough to play Supreme Commander; not even on lowest specs.

One of the factions fucking taunts with "Accept The Way or Perish!" , if that's not awesome enough one of them has a unit that's called a monkeylord, a bigass cannon the size of your commander that shoots a huge laser nonstop, mounted on 8 spidery metallic legs (granting it the size of a building) that crush anything (units or buildings) beneath them,

They are also amphibious

Beside, my computer is completely average except the dual core, and it runs the game perfecrtly with all settings on High.

And, Supreme Commander is the ONLY real time strategy game, all others are real time skirmishes

I've seen all the trailers. I destroyed all my college's bandwidth by downloading them all (and others) but it was worth it. Supreme Commander is brilliant but you need the latest Direct X to run it and the latest Direct X only works on Vista.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:30 pm

Sling wrote:
Sarcasm wrote:

They are also amphibious

I've seen all the trailers. I destroyed all my college's bandwidth by downloading them all (and others) but it was worth it. Supreme Commander is brilliant but you need the latest Direct X to run it and the latest Direct X only works on Vista.

for fuck's sake Sling, Did you read my post on the LAW forum?

"SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2, Vista
1.8 GHz processor
512 MB RAM
8 GB available hard drive space
128 MB video RAM or greater, with DirectX 9 Vertex Shader / Pixel Shader 2.0 support (Nvidia 6x00 or better)
Sound card, speakers or headphones
Broadband internet connection (DSL/Cable).

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
3.0 GHz Intel or equivalent AMD processor or better
1 GB RAM or better
256 MB video RAM, with DirectX 9 Vertex Shader / Pixel Shader 2.0 support (Nvidia 6800 or better)
Internet connection with Cable/DSL speeds

Note: recommended specifications provide optimal experience for single player and up to 4 player/medium size map multiplayer

Dual Core is strongly recomended, my medicore machine runs the game in high settings with ease thanks to it. "
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:06 pm

Sarcasm wrote:for fuck's sake Sling, Did you read my post on the LAW forum?
No... All the gaming magazines my friend said it needed Direct X 10. So somebody lied to me.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:59 pm

Perhaps they are correct, but I am running Supcom with a ATI 1600 pro (so old that DX 10 wasn't even thought of at the time . . .which is not much) on windows XP pro.

These are the specs on my box, at least.

Oddly enough I can't find the RS on the offical site . . .
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:33 pm

Greatchickenman wrote:Even still, Supreme Commander is not the strategy game to rule all strategy games. I think that the next strategy game that Blizzard releases, whether it's good or not, will beat every other on the market.

Hell, Blizzard could release a box full of blank discs with Starcraft 2 slapped on it and it would outsell every rts on the market.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:40 pm

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2, Vista
1.8 GHz processor
512 MB RAM
128 MB video RAM or greater, with DirectX 9 Vertex Shader / Pixel Shader 2.0 support (Nvidia 6x00 or better)
Sound card, speakers or headphones
Broadband internet connection (DSL/Cable).

The one reason my computer won't play it is because I have 511 MB RAM.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:17 am

Unacknowledged rule of gaming: The minimum requirements on the box are not the actual minimum requirements but the worst system that the developers have managed to run the game on for at least a second.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:45 am

It doesn't work on my computer. I'm too poor to purchase a quality video card. I'm still using ATI Rage...
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Next

Return to Gaming