25%
Know Kloo
No votes
Yais
75%

Total votes : 4

Worth $100?

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:20 pm

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2166,CONTENTID=10717

A friend of mine who got me started on building my computer and trying linux and some other fun tech-ish stuff showed me his keyboard the other day. It's one of these babies, and good god does that look cool. And it's a well-known fact that if it looks pretty awesome, it's going to cost a pretty penny. I'm fine with this crummy basic keyboard I have for the moment, but I'd like a general opinion on this. If you are or were heavily into gaming, would you consider getting a good keyboard?

How about headphones, like IceMats. Or one of those mouses with a weight set so you can adjust it to your liking? (Like this: link)
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:43 am

If I played and paid for mmorpgs then I'd definately get this. It's be awesome.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:29 am

This is awesome for RTS games, but I wouldn't spend 420 shekels on it
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby aeymxq » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:22 pm

aeymxq
Plyn

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:00 pm

That is awesome.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:35 am

Excellent, coherent responses! Grand! Just grand!

First, Tele.

I admit it. I fucking cracked. And, in retrospect, denying myself only gave me less time to play it. That's goddamn right, I got WoW. Got a few friends who picked a server we'd all join, and I also picked "Dark Iron" for t3h PvPzorz. Well on my way, with about 2 weeks of accumulated time, maybe less, with 2 40's already.

Again, I must say, my resisting the temptation of WoW only gave me less time to play it than I have now. And every 30 days or what have you, I look at that gamer card while in my local Game Stop. I look there and I wonder how badly my grades will be affected etc...And then I realize I'm a senior, what do I care? I'm set on cruise control. This has led to many hours of WoW, obviously.

I do realize it can be an addiction, but I want a fully decked out 70 before I even consider letting the account go idle until I have a relapse. I'm betting it'll be done by September, when I go to college, but we'll see.

Sarcasm- I'm getting back into Starcraft, nothing serious, but I could see the uses of the logitech in SC.

And for asdfghjkl

Yes, thanks. I'll really need that for when I write my never-turned-in-from-goddamn-last-year-"Crime and Punishment"- Critical-Analysis Paper entirely in Russian.

What it lacks -

USB ports in the back

A trusted name (I doubt anyone on the street has heard of "Art. Lebedev Studio")

One of them Warranty things

That nifty, yet to be replicated LCD Panel at the top

As many extra keys (than the standard keyboard has) as the Logitech

And Media Control buttons.

ALSO, I don't want to even KNOW what kind of power a keyboard with all those tiny fiber optic screens requires.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:51 am

Personally I prefer Guild Wars, now that the game actually has challenging PvE (Hard Mode) it has no real drawbacks.

Though if I had the time for something like WoW I would pick the much better MMO EVE online. (you can friggin pay for your account using in-game currency, how awesome is that!? >_>)

As for RTS(ess): you can program your whole starting sequence depending on the map and hot key common building orders, this keyboard gives you a huge advantage in queless (spelling?) games like Starcraft.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:30 pm

Yeah, I play Guild Wars mainly since I refuse to buy anything with a monthly fee. And as a bonus its the only mmo i know where you dont have to spend most of your time level grinding.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Shindy » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:57 pm

aey, thats an awesome keyboard.

But I prefer skill.
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:30 pm

Mind telling me one of your character names so I can add you?
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:53 pm

I'll give you three guesses.(And it shoudn't take you more than one)

Anyway, as for the keyboard, if you've got the money to spend go for it.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:26 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:Yeah, I play Guild Wars mainly since I refuse to buy anything with a monthly fee. And as a bonus its the only mmo i know where you dont have to spend most of your time level grinding.

Excellent reasons. I personally could not have said any more than that myself a few months back. Exact same reasons too.

Now, I've played GW, and I did converse extensively with a man named Konrad who did quit WoW for a bit and went to GW. He was satisfied by the ambiguity of the skill arrangement, but he was a bit disappointed by the lacking of, and I shit you not, jumping ability in GW. Also, only going to 20 was a bit of a turnoff. Levels can be a way to surmise the skill level of a player. Level 70? Madness!!! Level 71? HAX! level 3? Pathetic!

On the other hand, warping to main cities in a goddamn second is like... It blows the mind. Truly it does. I have a theory that WoW is designed to waste tons of time. And it is proven every time I log on.

And Sarcasm, for FFA in Star Craft, I believe Big Game Hunters is considered cannon by myself and friends, but lost temple (maybe...?) is good for 2-4 players. Of course, there's also "$$FASTEST MAP EVERRR!!!!!!$$*Updated by Limonade Clownzor! etc...." which has the minerals right next to the base and the goddamn Vespene Geysers close by, and in stacks of 4. That is insane. I had the first 2 to 3 minutes of Zerg production down to a science. I'm not one to Zerg rush, I've seen the Korean vids where that tactic's just trumped by SCV's and Probes. I usually go lurker Defensive, but one of my friends goes Terran and just ComSat sweeps or whatever (the non-nuke attachment). Ehh, I really should play that. After I sleep...

Can you believe "Zerg" isn't in the Firefox dictionary? What a crime!

I got back into the Lore of the Warcraft universe, by the by, so now I'm beating Warcraft 3 on "hard". Cues make RTS a fuckload easier. Starcraft still owns.

Eh...I have been told that I am allowed $200 on a debit card. I only get any more money by doing that...chore business I am so very un-fond of. And lots, too. So I really must consider whether or not to get the keyboard, because it's DAMN useful for ...well, anything by Blizzard.

And with that, I close with the following. Once I get back into WC3, I think I'll play a little DoTa.
(The concept of him just bursting into song makes me laugh. Also, I wish Swedish chicks would suck on thumbs while watching gamers play at LANs. I truly do. Tell me it's true, Tele. Please!)
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:59 am

Wait, wait, wait... You aren't actually a DotAer are you?
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:21 pm

Teenr0cker wrote:That's goddamn right, I got WoW.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:21 pm

Greatchickenman wrote:Wait, wait, wait... You aren't actually a DotAer are you?

Not yet, but I recall playing it once, before I lost the discs. It sounds like fun, so I thought I'd try it. Of course, DotA is all the Asian kids talk about in Comp Sci, so I really must consider this. Something I should know?
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Next

Return to Gaming