Zergling Rush = Win.

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Zergling Rush = Win.

Postby MusashiEX » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:28 pm

No excuses. Mass Carrier strategy is flawed compared to Zerglings.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:57 pm

Should I start with how dumb it is to compare massing Zerg with anything else, ESPECIALLY carriers?

I would put a huge chunk of text on why even going with carriers is dumb right here, but I think I'd just be repeating somebody else on the net.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:35 am

I managed to get mass carriers to work... once.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:06 pm

To get mass carriers your competetor must have gone off to have sex with someone, or just stopped playing.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:02 pm

Telephalsion wrote:To get mass carriers your competetor must have gone off to have sex with someone, or just stopped playing.

Or it's a three-way battle and your two friends are so busy annihilating each other that you build up a massive fleet and wipe out the leftovers.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby War » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:03 pm

I think hit and run scouts works better then mass carriers, but mass carriers is like mounting someone because its like,"you where that stupid to not stop mass carriers? BITCH"
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:10 pm

It was because I was annihilating my friend not enough to destroy them completely but enough the prevent them from massing an attack against me. It was an island map and I quickly expanded so I owned the 75% of the map. I was raking in the cash so I just harassed until I built well... a fuck load of carriers. The second time I was Zerg and just rushed them with Mutalisks.

There are 2 other occassion were I got mass carriers to work that I have just remembered. Both were team games, 3v2. My 2 friends protected me each time until I built shite loads of carriers and arbiters etc. Then we all rushed and won. One of those games were against 2 AI.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:27 pm

WOW 2 AI are you fucking serious! DUDE that fucking owns, I can't win a 3 v1 AI. You must be god! God of sucking ass. And really Muchi or whatever the fuck your name is, a lot of stuff can own a zergling rush, like 1-2 bats in a bunker. The trick is not sucking. Seriously go learn some skill and come back and make another annoying topic.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:06 pm

In case you don't know, you can build a spawning pool faster than you can build barracks, an academy, and a bunker.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:23 pm

No, we don't know this shit. THANK YOU for enlightening us on the mechanics of a zerg rush.

On that note, I'd like to say that money maps don't count.

And also, I'd rather take a hit to how many minerals I have by sending a few scvs to take out lings if you're just sending a dozen. And for the record, on say "lost temple", if I were to play you, I'd have a Barracks-Supply Depot - barracks ....BARRICADE (lol @ pun) at the choke point, with the SD closer to the center so that I could fit a bunker down between the two Barracks. I've got the North and South base choke points down easy (its been some time since I did east/west), AND since I'm protecting my 2nd mineral patch when I make the choke, I can continue to expand like mad. I'd have scvs already down there for mining/building, so I could repair the bunker. You'd have to tech my friend. Oh, and by the time wave two came, I'd prolly have Stim researched. M And M's all the way.

Candy? Your utter subjugation in a marine-and-medic combo? Guess!
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Cryora » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:58 am

Carrier rush is good against bots as long as you reinforce your base with several cannons before building carriers.
Cryora
Plyn

Postby Sling » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:44 am

Burning_Flame wrote:WOW 2 AI are you fucking serious! DUDE that fucking owns, I can't win a 3 v1 AI. You must be god! God of sucking ass. And really Muchi or whatever the fuck your name is, a lot of stuff can own a zergling rush, like 1-2 bats in a bunker. The trick is not sucking. Seriously go learn some skill and come back and make another annoying topic.
By myself I die, unless it's an island map. But yeah it's just good teamwork. I have some replays lying about somewhere.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:16 pm

Anyone who plays FASTEST MAP EVAR!1! is a complete fucking noob. Want to play a game that requires skill? Play a real melee. And Sling are you that fucking dense that you thought I was being serious?

Muchi I'll show you how to zerg rush mofo. Tried tested way. I'll see you still sitting there with your thumb up your ass as I come in with some lings. I like my games to last longer.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby HolsteinCow » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:54 pm

The Teutonic town center rush stands out in my mind as the greastest rush of all time. It was so powerful you weren't allowed to play as them on the Zone until the expansion came out.
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:41 pm

Burning_Flame wrote:Anyone who plays FASTEST MAP EVAR!1! is a complete fucking noob. Want to play a game that requires skill? Play a real melee. And Sling are you that fucking dense that you thought I was being serious?

Muchi I'll show you how to zerg rush mofo. Tried tested way. I'll see you still sitting there with your thumb up your ass as I come in with some lings. I like my games to last longer.

Does someone need a time out? Nothing like some good ol' netplay to bring the jackass out in someone.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Next

Return to Gaming