Anyone know a good DS game?

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Greatchickenman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:25 pm

Now I'm not one to argue law though I come from a lawyering family. But I'm pretty sure that
No more paying for games.
at least suggests something.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Aegis » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:10 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:like how torrent programs are legal, hah, whens the last time anyones used one of those legaly

1. Downloaded the Doom Remix Project

2. Downloaded the Anarchy Online client

3. "The American Album", another video game remix project

4. GunZ client

5. YTMND Soundtrack (well, it's dubiously legal)

6. I'd download the Bioshock demo if my vid card supported Shader Model 3.

Of course, this bubble of legality is within a list of... quite a few torrents. Still, though, torrenting programs can be used to do legal stuff.
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

<Jeramyu> I'm going to mistranslate our own anime, and piss ourselves off.
Aegis
S3 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:00 pm

Emulators aren't typically illegal. That's why Zophar's Domain has been up over 10 years, and ROM sites featuring major releases come and go with the wind. There's more than enough information on that subject if you search for it and sift through it all. ROMs are unconditionally illegal (no "back-up copy", no "24 hour" rules). BIOS required to operate emulators of newer consoles (Playstation and beyond, typically) are illegal.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:45 pm

That's what I thought. And I used torrents to download The Way. And I use emulators to play homebrew. It's true.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:07 am

In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Wellsy » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:33 am

That made me smile. :D
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby CJ » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:51 am

In Australia it's legal to have a modchip installed into your consoles.
Because the shitty region coding in most of the previous generation consoles breeches Australia's "Free Trade Agreement" with many countries including Japan and the United States.

And with this Piracy crap. What about games that are discontinued? It's not stealing if they can't make any money off of the game anyway.
That's why ROMs for older systems should be legal to download and share (although with the current generation consoles, they are re-releasing a lot of the classics). I don't think they'll release every NES, SNES, SMS, Megadrive, GB, GBC, Atari, Gamegear, Lynx, CDI, Dreamcast, Saturn (and all of the rest of the discontinued consoles) game for virtual console.

and about Piracy helping stop global warming. Running your computer uses quite a bit of power and all the combined power of all the PCs used as seeds and peers for torrents have to come from somewhere. In most cases it probably comes from burning coal. Also, if you want to burn your newly downloaded software to a CD/DVD to save precious harddisk space, you need to drive down the road to buy the discs anyways.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:08 am

Dude, I have 250GB HD atm, I don't need burn stuff onto CD/DVD's and even if I did that's what network cables are for. Hell, I have an old laptop with a 40GB HD, I have XP SP:2 on it, C&C:First Decade, that's already more than a quarter of disk space gone. 6GB's of music on it, 4GB's of Videos, MS Office, Dune, a shite load of freeware, all my old college work and a wealth of files etc and I can still fit all this month's downloads on it, with over 10GB's to spare. So, as soon as I get my 1TB HDD iMac, and my 500GB portable HDD, I really don't think disk space is going to be an issue for a while.

Besides, I don't drive, I just order stuff off of the web or I walk. And as for the rest of your statement, I have one thing to say. Nuclear Power, whilst unsafe, things are being done to make it safer and more viable, the only problem is what to do with the Nuclear Waste. The sooner we get Cold Fusion, the better.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:33 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:like how torrent programs are legal, hah, whens the last time anyones used one of those legally

I believe verby used torrents(in a sense) to prove how terribly wrong Ryan was. It was legal and pissed the hell out of Ryan. The fact that Verby did it just means it is so many times cooler...like...over 9000 times cooler.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:45 am

CJ wrote:And with this Piracy crap. What about games that are discontinued? It's not stealing if they can't make any money off of the game anyway.
That's why ROMs for older systems should be legal to download and share (although with the current generation consoles, they are re-releasing a lot of the classics). I don't think they'll release every NES, SNES, SMS, Megadrive, GB, GBC, Atari, Gamegear, Lynx, CDI, Dreamcast, Saturn (and all of the rest of the discontinued consoles) game for virtual console.

Games that are discontinued are still copyrighted. As long as the company chooses to enforce the copyright, you wont see it on a rom site for very long. I forget the exact name, but there is an organization which goes around and gets cease and desist orders put up on websites with certain roms. Yes, it's retarded, but the fact is that many old-school games don't have their copyrights enforced actively. You can find lots of old-school favorites at Edge Emulation (which has been up for years) including oldschool favorites like Actraiser and Bionic Commando, but bigger, 1st party re-released games like Super Mario World are not up there (and honestly, how could you not have a copy of that game in some form by now?). Though I have no clue why Nintendo would want Hotel Mario protected (it is). Reliable ROM sites play by the rules- or lack thereof. Wikipedia has more organized and precise information on the whole deal.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Porter » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:06 pm

Teenr0cker wrote:
Sage Of The Wise wrote:like how torrent programs are legal, hah, whens the last time anyones used one of those legally

I believe verby used torrents(in a sense) to prove how terribly wrong Ryan was. It was legal and pissed the hell out of Ryan. The fact that Verby did it just means it is so many times cooler...like...over 9000 times cooler.

That was Roman, the shit of the shit!
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:22 pm

Phoenix Wright fans need to vote for Phoenix in the GameFAQs character battle, now. Phoenix went from being a few thousand votes ahead of Bomberman to a bit over 100, so at this point the votes will actually matter. Who the hell voted for Bomberman so much all of a sudden? o_O Phoenix only needs to come second to advance.

Edit: Or just do it as a favour to me, even if you haven't played PW. He needs it.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby MusashiEX » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:29 am

He won.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:11 pm

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=278858

I like hitting the "random" objections button. Almost as funny as the random confessions.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Previous

Return to Gaming