Can't wait for BIOSHOCK!

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Can't wait for BIOSHOCK!

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:17 pm

Okay, we seriously need a sit-down and a good ole talk about how much this game rules as soon as it hits shelves tomorrow. Valve is doing a timed release via Steam, but we all know having to be online to play a goddamned game is unreasonable. And also, having to launch an extra program just to play it. Ech.

Also, for the PC gamers, I gotta ask the question that's been bugging me... Where's the goddamn demo they promised? Reports indicate the fuckers are releasing it on MONDAY, 7pm EDT. Apart from (Allegedly) one plasmid's location, the demo will be identical to the useless but still coveted 360 demo.

Bold marketing plan or just slow and lazy developers? Who knows? Either way I can't play it for 4 more days until I get my hands on my new tower.

So who's interested?
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby MusashiEX » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:09 am

Is that the game in the underwater city?
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:18 am

....Yes, that's the one.

This explains much of what little we know

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tpPwaiiAaRs
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:51 pm

I've been playing the game for quite a few hours now and it's fairly addictive. The plasmids (magic) are entertaining when you can actually find a creative use for them, I honestly spend more time charging the enemy with ammo. If you're extremely trigger happy, like me, you will find yourself running out of ammo constantly.

The most entertaining thing about this game is the fights with the big daddies (giant robots). Plasmids do very little to them, although the winter blast plasmid can buy you time to reload or heal. The best way to take them down is anti-armor or electric ammunition, which is expensive if you have to buy it.

The main issue with the game, which was discovered by most people when they play the demo, is that there is no penalty for death. You can charge a big daddy with whatever ammo you have constantly and keep reviving at the nearest vita chamber. Although you will run out of ammo this way.

Short answer: Magic powers + physics + drill-armed robots = fun
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Wellsy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:45 pm

Yeah, I thought this game looked pretty damn interesting myself. Will I ever get a chance to play it? Who knows?
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:38 am

I heard that big daddies protect little girls, who you kill after you kill the big daddies.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:46 am

From what I heard, you ravage the girls and fuel your weapons with their innocence.

And yeah, genetic magic and guns too, but mainly harvesting innocence.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:15 pm

The game really isn't too long, took me about 2 days (not sure how many hours) to finish it. Unfortunately it has very little replay value.

I also wish the final battle was longer and more complex.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:52 am

Sounds fantastic. In other news, my computer, despite all its expensive-ness, seems to crap out and die without warning. Making the computer do more than one task or plugging in a 2nd hard drive will make it shut off. Does that sound like a lack of power? I don't think it helps my Video Card is a goddamn brick, my Mobo lights up like a goddamn christmas tree, and my case has fans that are way too fucking big (but very quiet). One DvD drive, 2 sticks of 1GB RAM, 2 sata harddrives, and a possibly insufficient 600W power supply. Oh, and CPU.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:42 am

What Supplier (or whatever it is called in English) do you have?
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:47 am

Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:19 pm

Son of a BITCH.

It was the power strip. Plugging it into the wall directly fixed what a day of frustration could not. On to playing bioshock!
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:08 pm

You can make the 8800gts quite a bit louder if you turn its fan speed up.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:58 pm

...Enlighten me: Is that wrong? I was under the impression it would be fine. It says on the specs that I should have at least 400W, and a few of my friends told me "Shut up, I'm right and you're clueless". I was pressed for time.

If that's not enough power, what'd you think would do the trick? 800?
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:28 pm

Ah, so I'm done with one playthrough now. I chose to rescue the little sisters, because I didn't mind getting the 200 ADAM bonus. I hear there's 3 endings, one for all rescue (or most. I don't know), one for all harvest, and one that shows if you go about half and half.

That last one sounds challenging...
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Next

Return to Gaming