Seriously now, Atlus...

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Re: Seriously now, Atlus...

Postby Greatchickenman » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:16 pm

That may be so but there's usually some other strings attached as far as consent goes. For example in Illinois consent is 17 if both partners are 17 and statutory rape if one is 18.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:10 pm

This time, with the subject as "Atlus Breaking News - IZUNA'S MILKSHAKES‏". A bit too much fanservice there, Atlus.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:58 am

I think they're creating the wrong image for what is essentially just a roguelike dungeon crawling RPG.

Speaking of Atlus, they released two kickass RPGs this month - Etrian Odyssey 2, which is too hard (but awesome), and Summon Night: Twin Age, which is too easy (but awesome). The bizarre thing is that the US version of SN:TA gives you a ****load of items and skills you aren't supposed to have at the start. I've never known Atlus to try to make a game easier for a particular audience, given that they brought us EO2. And they did it with a game that wasn't even hard BEFORE you started with 50 each of items that heal 200 of HP or SP respectively. When SP regenerates anyway. I just sold the extra items and avoided using the extra skills, which also required turning off skills under partner AI so they don't just murder all the enemies for me.

Once you get past all that, it's fun as hell. I've been wanting something like SoM with LoZ:PH-esque controls for a long time, and while it's not all the way there, it's one of the better DS RPGs if you don't let your party members do all the fighting for you (you can turn off combat for them entirely if you want). It's at least a touch screen ARPG, a rare pleasure I want more of. Even though attacking is kind of just point and click (rather than slashing like in Zelda), you get various skills executed via the touch screen, so it keeps you fairly busy when there are a lot of enemies. And you can run around and dodge attacks, which finally became important in my last boss battle. It's like Contact done right.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby MusashiEX » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:38 am

I just kept grinding for a few hours and bought that really expensive sword in the beginning. Hilarious. I was killing enemies instantly.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Previous

Return to Gaming