Don't Look Back

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Don't Look Back

Postby Malefact » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:42 am

Just found out about this ace indie game which has just been released.

I think that if you like the 'atmosphere' of The Way, especially in the Pits / Reaches, then you'll certainly get a kick out of Don't Look Back.
Malefact
Plyn

Re: Don't Look Back

Postby Sling » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:25 pm

I got stuck against the giant dog thing so I quit.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:32 pm

Well that was an interesting game. That demon thing was annoying as fuck though.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Malefact » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:07 pm

Yeah, bosses were annoying as heck. (Sling: for the dog, all you have to do is shoot it in the back). Still, I like a challenge.

SPOILER:

Anyway, I don't know if you know the story of Orpheus, but this is an awesome retelling if ever there was one. I only twigged after beating the Demon Lord, though.
Malefact
Plyn

Postby Sling » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:09 pm

I just beat that thing that shoots rocks at you and now I just dropped into a pit and now there is an area with disappearing platforms and one that disintegrates as you tread on it and I can't seem to get the timing right... ever.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:25 pm

No wait, I've completed it now. That demon was quite easy actually.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:20 am

The Demon became a lot easier when it occurred to me to just jump between the 2 disappearing platforms instead of falling to the ground after each shot.

I'll have to go wiki the story of Orpheus.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby tridon777 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:44 am

I should pay more attention to whats going on in the forum. Anyways I have an account on Kongregate and thats where I played Dont Look Back. I got some sort of achievement for beating the dog, but I thought it over all was easy. The end part for me was annoying though because I had to keep reminding myself to not "look back" :lol: .
tridon777
Plyn

Return to Gaming