Re: TTHW FAQ

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Hey look! content!

-------------------------------------------------------------
The Kaibutsu War [a3p3]
-------------------------------------------------------------

Burlington Inn
--------------
The group sans Anderson will regroup in Burlington to plan their next move. After a short scene you'll hear a fight going on outside and decide to check it out. Right outside Holly, from North's Pirate Adventure, is surrounded by the same pirates. They recognize North and attack your group as well. Holly will join the group and the fight will commence. Once you defeat them the group will return to the inn. More cut scenes will follow. You'll get 90GP from Duke Salem (60GP in hard mode) and Fayette and Clifton will rejoin the party. When that’s all said and done it'll be time to deal with the Cult of Zebulon. The building is directly below and to the left of the inn.

Cult of Zebulon
---------------
The first think you'll notice is that no one here really cares that you're here to rob them blind. Anyway, check both fireplaces here for ASH. Go upstairs and check the barrel for SALTPETER. Head back into the main room and then another floor down. There will be another barrel here with SALTPETER. South from here is another room with a chest that contains GRIMORA GLADIA. Head back into the last room then north into the aptly named Eternity Chamber.

This room contains quite a difficult puzzle. The idea is to get all the blocks to be organized by color into rows. You do this by moving through the passageways. Each passageway shifts all the rows or columns in that direction. You can also check the right sign, which will let you flip a random row. The left sign will let you restart the puzzle. If you spend enough time in here two monks will show up and offer to fight you instead of completing the puzzle. Normally it would be worth considering, but since you're reading this guide it's unnecessary.

The solution to the puzzle is as follows. Whenever it says to flip a certain row, if the right sign doesn't let you flip that row, go down a path, then immediately turn back through it again and try the sign again until it works.

Flip top row
Flip left column
Go up
Flip right column
Go right
Go down
Flip top row
Flip bottom row
Flip right column
Flip bottom row
Go up
Flip right column

If you complete the puzzle, head north into the treasure room. There will be two chests, one with the CLAYMORE, far and away Vance's best weapon, and one with 400GP. Back in the eternity chamber head east and down the next passageway to reach the final room of this area. You'll run into Anderson a long chain of cut scenes will start, plot twists and revelations abound. Eventually a week will pass and you'll be in Burlington Port.

Burlington Port
---------------
You'll meet Duke Winston here, who will pay you 210GP (150GP in hard mode) to go hunt down the Kaibutsu lords. Yes, if you've been keeping track that’s 700GP you've received in roughly the last 15 minutes. Don't go spending that all in one place. More scenes will occur and you'll be eventually be given the choice between five different ports to head to to start searching for the Kaibutsu lords. Here’s where the game starts to get very non linear until the very end.

Yeah so I'm not sure what I'll do first, right now I'm figuring out all the little things like where Sharon pops up, which ports Tatum/Clifton/Roper won't go to, all the end game sidequests, and whatever else I run into Speaking of which, as far as sidequests (or atleast ones that require you to go to multiple ports) go, I know of Biggs, Grimora Universalis pages, the Mystery Package, Rune Fragments, anything Important im missing?
Last edited by Sage Of The Wise on Sun May 01, 2011 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:22 pm

Flip left row
Go down
Flip left row
Go left
Go down
Flip left row
Go left
Flip top row
Go down
Go right
flip bottom row
Go down
Flip left row
Go up
Flip left row
Go right
Flip right row
Go right
Flip top row
Flip bottom row
Go left
Flip bottom row
Flip right row

This is a little shorter:
Flip top row
Flip left column
Go up
Flip right column
Go right
Go down
Flip top row
Flip bottom row
Flip right column
Flip bottom row
Go up
Flip right column

Yeah so I'm not sure what I'll do first, right now I'm figuring out all the little things like where Sharon pops up, which ports Tatum/Clifton/Roper won't go to, all the end game sidequests, and whatever else I run into Speaking of which, as far as sidequests (or atleast ones that require you to go to multiple ports) go, I know of Biggs, Grimora Universalis pages, the Mystery Package, Rune Fragments, anything Important im missing?

The Broken Swans painting and the job in Mayoden that involves "Saltfish" and finding missing votes are what I can think of for now.

Edit:
Well, the one in Mayoden doesn't require you to go to multiple ports, so that probably wasn't what you were asking about. I'm sure you already knew about that anyway.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun May 01, 2011 4:36 pm

Yeah that is a much better solution, added that in.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby blargblargson » Sat May 07, 2011 7:38 pm

I have no idea whether or not you'd be able to answer this, but is there any point at which you can no longer give Alex his vest in exchange for a rune tablet?
blargblargson
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun May 08, 2011 2:52 pm

The last time I'm sure of right now is in the Kita Shrine as North before completing the training grounds. The chest in Selma castle with the vest disappears in Act 3 if you didn't open it so the only way to have the Alex Vest at that point of the game is to have it equipped onto Vance when he faces Benson and Mauldin in the desert so it's not stolen after the fight. Then just make sure to unequip it after so when you gain control of North in Act 3 it will be in his inventory.

After completing the training grounds he won't take it anymore. He is involved with the Cumberland storyline in Act 3 so if there's ever a chance to talk to him there he might accept it but I'm not sure yet.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby blargblargson » Mon May 16, 2011 10:06 pm

I see. I ask because I found a way to cheat to get his vest after the chest containing it has vanished, but not to get another rune tablet. Messing around with the RPG 2000 editor is a little trickier than it looks, and it doesn't look very simple.
blargblargson
Wanderer

Postby Aveqetura » Mon May 14, 2012 7:14 am

I must put a question first : Is anyone hwo still play this game ? I put this question because I paly the game for the second time and I thought there was still someone to give me a minimum of help. I am on the Kaibustu Lords Quest and I defeat 3 Kaibustu Lords. Now I don't know hwat best strategy may I apply for I will sure to beat the pirate in Carlisle. Is anyone who can help me ?
Nihil sine Deo ! = Nothing wihout God !
Aveqetura
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu May 17, 2012 3:40 pm

you're asking how to beat the pirates at Carlisle? That's the thing during the Cumberland section where you're hunting down Teachy right? I haven't done that in so long, I'll have to get back to you on that.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Beldarius » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:19 pm

EmperorJeramyu wrote:TTHW has to have one of the more eclectic soundtracks I've seen in an rpg maker game. A lot of anime openings and stuff from anime OSTs, but also a bunch of like... 80s and 90s mainstream radio songs, and a disproportionally small amount of music from actual games. I'd love to do music tracking for it, but it would probably take freakin' years. ...Oh heck, I'll probably end up trying some time anyway.

I can help you with five themes~ 8D It took me only 20 minutes to find them. >.> This is what I get for being a Saint Seiya fangirl, I guess...

"asgardwar" - one of the main themes from Saint Seiya: The Heated Battle of the Gods. Called "God Warriors vs. Saints". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYHxzfpsUhI

"balmung" - from Saint Seiya's Asgard arc. Called "Find the Balmung Sword!". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3qDn0jUyU8

"saintseiya_mimeharp1" - called "Mime's Harp". From Saint Seiya's Asgard arc. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5YpFAkWDu8

"saintseiya_sadsong" - called "Remember Sadness". From Saint Seiya. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwXh1GD5b98

"soldier" - also from Saint Seiya's Asgard arc. It's the instrumental version of "Soldier Dream", one of Saint Seiya's OP themes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeBefl7L0ms (here's the vocal version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaBKcM2LwtI... and yes, the singer is no one else but the master himself, Hironobu Kageyama)
*points at her avatar* In case you're curious, this guy is Tetsuya Onodera from Super Robot Wars OG. He's the vice-captain of Space Noah class battleship Hagane and my favorite character in the games (alongside Gilliam Yeager).
Beldarius
Wanderer

Postby cks1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:52 pm

I got the quest to find the kidnappers that took the berkeley town elder. Now I can't enter the locked gate in the lighthouse to get them. Did I miss something? Thanks
cks1
Wanderer

Postby MatrixM » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:17 am

This place seems kinda dead but for the record:
I got a major glitch when I first went to Burlington. I was exploring the city (not inside the buildings) and all of a sudden I could just ignore barriers like buildings or people. The only thing that still worked were entrances. (I experimented later and this spreads to all maps) I slipped inside a house by passing through a woman with pink hair who should've been blocking me and explored downstairs (upstairs didn't work). some people were waiting for some item or something. I went back outside and spoke to the woman and she addressed a character called 'Holly' who responded (even though I only had North & Vance).
I think this screwed up things big time.

Because when I eventually went to see the duke and was turned away (at which point walls worked again) and went to sleep at the inn, after North goes downstairs for a snack the screen fades and I enter a dream sequence with a clown which chronologically takes place after the ambush by 'BENSON AND MAULDIN'. When this scene is over and teh clown wanders off saying that things might actually be going for the best, a new screen is supposed to load but everything is black. I can still get the menu screen (which has Vance & North as they were) and music plays, but that's it. I had to exit and am now reloading the one save file I have before this (when I was about to go through the mountains to get to burlington)
So, be careful in Burlington. things can gets crewed up big time.....somehow.

EDIT: Fought my way through to burlington again, didn't trigger the glitch. But now the dialogue with Chester freezes on me shortly before the battle, even though I could fight him last time. I'm going to have to skip him for now. :/

EDIT 2: Sucks to not have the Lucky Sword, but plot is progressing as it should now. Got the RIGHT clown dream (was pretty hilarious xD) and Fayette has come.
MatrixM
Wanderer

Previous

Return to Gaming