TTHW FAQ

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Re: TTHW FAQ

Postby Non-Sequitur » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:07 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:Kershaw Township
----------------
The town has got all the normal stuff your used to; inn, merchants, etc. so go check that out as you see fit. There's also some treasures here to pick up. The well has 2 BADIN for you, and one of the trees in the southwest has an APPLE.

A message will tell you that you found an apple but you won't actually receive one.
Go through the cave until you reach a cut scene where Manteo will help you with a puzzle. In easy mode there will be 5 rounds, and in hard mode there will be 8. Alternatively you can give Manteo all your money to do the puzzle for you, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm just wondering if you have actually been able to do this puzzle. I can never get anywhere with it and Jeramyu said that he can never complete it either.
Durham Valley Inn
-----------------
After another cut scene head back up to Durham City and then enter Durham Castle.

Now is a good time to buy a scimitar and learn Red Crescent. It will be useful for a lot of boss fights.
You will also have the option to turn in Tatum for a bounty. I'm not sure on all of the consequences of this decision yet, when I do I'll change this part.

I have never turned her in and I don't know exactly how this all works out, but there is the option to break her out later which I think might force you to fight Catawba.
Campobello
----------
... This time you'll find 2 HARDENED SLIMES, 2 ORANGE MOSS, 2 BONES, and an ORANGE CLAY.

You can only get this when Kanna is in your party. There is also a NECTAR in the item shop.
Sidequest: Find Latta
---------------------
... If you fight them you'll be able to get 35GP in a bit so I suggest that.

Using Red Crescent once will end the fight.
Bragg
-----
... there is a tray of food with a MUSHROOM on it.

TOADSTOOL
The library also has the GRIMORUM MINIMA.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:37 pm

Non-Sequitur wrote:
Sage Of The Wise wrote:Go through the cave until you reach a cut scene where Manteo will help you with a puzzle. In easy mode there will be 5 rounds, and in hard mode there will be 8. Alternatively you can give Manteo all your money to do the puzzle for you, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm just wondering if you have actually been able to do this puzzle. I can never get anywhere with it and Jeramyu said that he can never complete it either.

Yes, I'm curious about this as well, I have never been able to pass even 1 round, seems glitchy or incorrectly programmed to me.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby RainboWings » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:23 pm

Umm... I managed to complete that. It was difficult at first as I tried pressing the arrow keys as soon as they showed up. Here are a couple of quotes from the Amaranthian TTHW thread :

latyss wrote:I think the trick here is to press the arrow keys NOT when it appears on the screen but as soon as it disappears and (obviously) before the next one appears.

UntoldReveries wrote:As for the dial, you have to wait just a sec or so cuz even if you're too fast, Manteo says that you're too slow. For eg, the sequence should be somewhat like this - right arrow shows up on screen, vanishes, press rt key, rt & left appear, disappear, then hit rt & lt key and so on.
Try it... it worked for me at least. :D
RainboWings
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:49 pm

Hmm... I've never had a problem with that minigame. I couldn't tell you how I do it offhand though, I think I have a save near there though so I'll try it out. I'll add the other stuff mentioned shortly.

EDIT: Yeah, you have to wait until the arrow dissappears and it makes a sound. The sound is the cue to start imputing directions. I'll ad that to the guide too.
Last edited by Sage Of The Wise on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:52 pm

RainboWings wrote:Umm... I managed to complete that. It was difficult at first as I tried pressing the arrow keys as soon as they showed up. Here are a couple of quotes from the Amaranthian TTHW thread :

latyss wrote:I think the trick here is to press the arrow keys NOT when it appears on the screen but as soon as it disappears and (obviously) before the next one appears.

UntoldReveries wrote:As for the dial, you have to wait just a sec or so cuz even if you're too fast, Manteo says that you're too slow. For eg, the sequence should be somewhat like this - right arrow shows up on screen, vanishes, press rt key, rt & left appear, disappear, then hit rt & lt key and so on.
Try it... it worked for me at least. :D

Ah, that would probably be it. Very counter intuitive IMO.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:57 pm

I'll have the guide done up to the defeat of duke greene in a few days. In other news, somehow I never noticed how broken all the chests are in Fairfax Forest, how is this not something that's been fixed?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby RainboWings » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:38 pm

Yeah, many took advantage of those bugs and collected 99 potions and neutralizer rings for the whole party including me :P As the game can be really hard and unforgiving at some points, this somehow didn't really feel like you're cheating.
RainboWings
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:59 am

I wrote like 90% of this like a month ago, probably should have posted it then. Anyway, heres the rest of the story arc, in every way possible.
---

At this point you need to get to Dillon, and there are three ways to go about this. You can go through Colerain Mountain, Go through Arcadia on the western part of the continent, or take the ferry from Colerain to Dillon. Colerain Mountain is the fastest route to Dillon, but probably the least rewarding. You'll arrive in Dillon without any new additions to the party and there aren't any exclusive items either. If you take the path through Arcadia you'l get the items that Benson and Mauldin stole from you way back when in the desert as well as have North, Clifton, and Fayette in your party by the time you reach Dillon. If you take the Ferry you'll get a new party member, Roper. You only get her in this path and Clifton won't join your final party. After the story arc is over the paths mostly merge back into one but there are many dialouge changes and other small difference throughout the rest of the game based on what path you chose that'll be detailed as we get to them.

Also, for those interested in getting every little thing they can, Colerain mountain can be completely looted with out ever taking that path by doing it in two parts. First go there and do everything up to the boss, then head back. Later when you've arrived at Dillon through another path, head back to the mountains and grab the stuff on the other side of the mountain. Anyway, scroll down to the path you chose and start reading.

Colerain Mountain Path

World Map
---------
From Colerain, the mountain is pretty much right in front of you, so head in.

Colerain Mountain
-----------------
Ah, the mountains. Crisp air, great view, Bob Marley playing on the wind. Anyway, head up the first short stairway here and then take a left across the bridge. On the other side head up the ladder and you'll find three tunnels and two trees. Each tree has an ACORN, so grab those then head into the right tunnel. Inside the mountain, head down to the next area, then go across the bridge and head down again until you back outside of the mountain again. There will be a button here so go ahead and press it, then head back to the other side of the mountain.

This time take the middle tunnel. There cave has been recently populated with bridges thanks to the button, but before you cross them turn right just before the first bridge to find a chest with a DERRANCIVAL ESSENCE. After that cross the bridge, and then another too the right, and head down to the next area. You'll be back outside facing suspicious looking log. Upon further investigation you'll find a switch in the log, flip it and head back to the other side of the mountain again.

Now enter through the left entrance. Now you'll be on the lower level of the cave. Head down the path until you pop back out on the other side of the mountain again, this time on the ledge with the chest you've no doubt been wanting for some time. Open it for a LONG SWORD. Once again head back to the otherside of the mountain.

This time its back down the right tunnel. Head down to the second area but before crossing the bridge look for a differently colored part of the ground along the southern wall, walk up to that to enter a new area. Now if you messed with the log earlier there won't be any rocks jutting out of the ground to block your path here, so just continue down the path and you'll be outside the mountain again by a save spot, and then its back into the mountain again, where you'll soon pop back out the other side. When you head down the stairs here there will be a boss battle.

BOSS: Craven & 2 Blitzwings
Now, your first thought it probably to use Red Crescent if you have it to end this quickly, unfortunately Craven will resist the attack. The 2 Blitzwings will still be killed off so if that's worth it for you then go ahead. If you choose not to go that route you should use some hit-all attacks to either kill the blitzwings or at least get them near death so they can quickly be killed after, not that they should last much more than two attacks anyway. If you have spells for Kanna the enemies are weak to earth so the Faison spells will do the best. Just keep wailing on them as usual and it'll be over soon.

Once you've won, flip the nearby switch and then head all the way back to the beginning of the mountain. When you get there this time head up the big ladder instead of going across the bridge and after awhile you'll reach the top. Now luckily that switch we just hit removed a bunch of boulders here so you can continue down to the other side.

When you get off the ladder you'll see a tree in front of you. Check it out for a ACORN. Then head across the bridge and down the ladder to a small wooden landing at the bottom. right before leaving the area check the spot to your right and you'll get an ELECTRIC EEL. Now you can leave. You'll find yourself in a forest and a cut scene will start. When its over leave the forest and you'll finally be out of this mountain.

World Map
---------
From here you can see a bridge on the right passed some mountains, head across there and straight towards Dillon. That's the end of this path so scroll down until you see the section for Dillon.

Severn Island Path

Colerain
--------
Head to the shop at the bottom of town and talk to the guy on the left. Its going to cost 20GP for all of you to get a ride to Dillon. Once you've payed the man, exit the building. A cut scene later you will be on the ferry.

Ferry
-----
On the ferry you'll have a chance to walk around and have some in depth conversations with Kanna and Anderson. Kanna is above deck right where you start off. Anderson is below deck in the left area. You can talk to both of them twice for more conversation. The right area below deck has a save spot and Myrtle, the 3-Card Monte lady from Colerain. Talk to her and then go back above deck and talk to her again. There will be a cut scene and when its over you'll be on Severn Island.

Severn
------
To start off you'll be in Castilia's house. In the bottom left corner is a chest with a TONIC in it. Head downstairs for another scene. After that leave the house. Your next goal is to go see Myrtle, but there's a few things to do in town first. Outside there's a well with 4 BADIN. Head left now. Over here they've got an inn and weapon's shop for your use. Enter the house to the right of the inn and head upstairs. There are two drawers here in the top left corner, each one has 4GP. Back outside enter the house below the inn. The fireplace here has ASH. Once your done checking out town enter the house right behind the pond. In the back room you'll find Myrtle and Roper. You'll be hired to check out the forest and find the witch Hazel. Head south out of town and in the next area go right to enter the forest.

Severn Forest
-------------
In the first area, immediately look along the southern treeline for a darker patch of ground near the center of the area. Head there for a secret area with a chest containing a PIXIE BRACELET. Head back to the main path and continue right. Just continue through the forest for a bit, the path is fairly linear. After crossing over a stream via log, just walk passed the tree below you on the right side to continue on. In the next area you'll probably notice a semi-hidden passage south, ignore that for now and continue right.

In the next area you'll meet some pixies that want you to race their fish. You can attempt the race, but you're going to lose, the fish is just much faster than you. After loosing go back to that semi-secret passage mentioned earlier and you'll soon be in a cave with a rock. Drop it in the river to sabotage the fish and try the race again. This time you'll win. Enter the newly opened cave. The cave is completely linear, and you'll be back in the forest soon. You'll come to a intersection with a save point. The right leads to a chest with 12GP, and the bottom path leads deeper into the forest. In the next are you'll finally find the witch Hazel. A long cut scene will ensue and when its all over and done with you'll be back outside town.

Severn
------
Head back into town to go check on Castilia. There will be more plot, and you'll have to head down to the festival. But before you get there it will start raining and another cut scene will happen. When that's all over Roper will have joined your party and you'll need to head back to the forest.

Severn Forest
-------------
Everything's the same as before except now its raining and you have a partner, head back through the forest until you get back to the area with the fairies. You'll soon notice a parts flooded. When you try to get through the fairy will challenge you to a game of tug-of-war to get by. To win you just need to rapidly hit the enter key. Once that's done keep going through the forest until you find Hazel again. This will trigger a big plot filled series of scenes. When its finally all over and done with you will be reunited with Kanna and Anderson and you'll be in Dillon Harbor. Head up a screen and you'll be in Dillon. That's the end of this path so scroll down until you see the section for Dillon.

Arcadia Path

World Map
---------
From Colerain head west around the lake and then north into a mountain path, you'll soon find yourself in Arcadia Checkpoint.

Arcadia Checkpoint
------------------
Talk to one of the guards blocking the way to start a cut scene. You'll learn to get passed the checkpoint your either going to have to Dunn them 100GP or 50GP and a night with Kanna. What this effectively comes down to is 100GP for unlimited access to the checkpoint, or 50GP for one way, so just choose whatever you want. The 50GP route leads to a rather funny scene though so its definitely worth trying even if your not going to save. Anyway, one way or another you'll pass through the checkpoint.

World Map
---------
From here theres three areas you can access. If you go west you'll quickly hit the Estill Checkpoint (Dillon really loves their checkpoints dont they?), which you won't be able to bribe your way through. There's a cave to the north, but two guards block the path. That just leaves the town to the east, so head there.

Lower Arcadia
-------------
Before you do anything else, head to the inn. Vance will reunite with North, and both him and Clifton will join your party. Huzzah! You'll also recieve 40GP from them, or 25GP in hard mode. Anyway, once those cut scenes are over feel free to raid the various shops for whatever you need. In the item shop check the bottom right pot for CAROTENOIL. At this point if you payed Dunn 100GP and you haven't gone to Bragg you can see some slightly different scenes with North and Clifton.

Arcadia Cave
------------
This place is pretty much a giant switch puzzle, so lets get this over with. In the first are there's not much to do, just follow the path into the next area. Heres where the fun begins. Climb the one ladder available to you and enter the hole. You'll be in a room with two switches. You'll be going to a lot of these rooms in this cave, and to make things easier, I'll refer to a switch pointing to the left as off and one pointing to the right as on. So, turn both switches on and exit back to the main chamber. You should be able to climb two more ladders to the very top of the chamber. Enter the hole here to be back at the first room. Follow the path here to hit the switch and then head back.

Back in the main chamber, head down the ladder, then on the next platform go down the left ladder. Head down the hole here to be in the first room again. Follow the path all the way to the end to hit another switch, then head back to the chamber. Head back up the ladder and enter the hole here. You'll be in another switch room, turn both switches on and leave. Go down the left ladder here, and then the left ladder again and enter the hole. You'll be in another switch room, this time with a chest. Open it for a STAR EMBLEM, then turn on both switches here. Head up two ladders and enter the hole here. Turn on both switches and a chest with a ROPE will appear. Head back down two ladders to the switch room with the first chest and turn both switches back off. Now go up the right ladder and down the hole and arrive back at the second level of the first area. Head back to where you flipped the switch and there will be a small bush by the cliff, you can put the rope there to go down. Head left from there to find a chest with a BRASS KEY. Now head all the way back to the first chest room in the main chamber.

Turn both the switches back on here and exit the room. Go up the left ladder and then back down the next left ladder and enter the hole. You'll finally be out of that room. Follow the path up a bit and check the keyhole in the wall to use the key you found. This will get rid of the blockage to your left letting you exit the cave.

World Map
---------
Right in front of you will be Duke Greene's villa, but ignore that for the moment. Go around it, and east past the cave, which will be useless to you for the moment. Keep walking east towards the mountains to find a hidden area. There's a house here with a man who sells hi-tonics, revives, carotenoil, and awakenings. Outside the house head towards the patch of dirt on the right side by the trees, you'll enter a new screen with a chest containing a RARE ESSENCE. When you're done here exit and head to the Villa.

Duke Greene's Villa
-------------------
You won't be inside the Villa yet but across the river from it. In front of you will be four squares in the shape of a cross and four boxes spread out around the area. To solve this puzzle you need to move all the boxes so the E symbol on it points to the center.Theres a trick to the box by the river. You need to push it behind the trees to the left first so you can get above it and push down away from the river. When you complete it a bridge will appear, cross it and continue on.

Outside the Villa, there will be two entrances take the left one first. Inside there will be a patch of flowers you can move around but you can't do anything with that right now. There's a switch behind the right set of statues so walk behind it and you should hear a click. Once You've done that leave this room and take the right entrance to the Villa. On the right there will be a loom, examine it to unlock the door, then proceed through it. In the next room you will see a chest. If you hit the switch in the left room, it will be open and you can enter it into the basement. Here just head forward up the hall until you climb the stairs. You'll now be in the foyer.

First check the barrel straight to your right for a JALAPENO PEPPER. Now head down two screens to the bottom of the foyer. If you take the path to the left you will find a bucket that will heal your party once. Use it when you need to. Above the table there is a sign on the wall that gives a chere are four statues in the foyer, two on the left side, two on the right. Normally you just need to hit the switch on all of them to get everything. In hard mode its a little different. In either case you should start by turning them all on.

The first statue is just to your right. Then head back to the middle section of the foyer, head left at the brown colored tile and then up the stairs. One of the statues is up and the other is down. Activating both left statues will spawn a chest in the back of the foyer, but its locked right now. Go back down the stairs and across the hall to the right set. After going up the stairs head down and activate the last statue.

Now go back to where you entered the Foyer. In the left corner you can open the chest now for a HI-TONIC and REVIVE. Now we have to get the skeleton key. In normal mode head back down two screens. In hard mode you need to flip some switches so only the statues on the right side are on. Once you've done whats needed enter the door on the bottom right. You'll be back at the entrance, push the flowers out of the way and open the chest there to get the SKELETON KEY. Head back into the foyer then up a screan, and into the right staircase.

Here you have a important decision to make. In the room on the right you can have your final showdown with Benson and Mauldin. If you fight them you'll get all the gold you lost in the desert plus 16GP, any rune tablets they took, Lucama's Amulet, and Marion's Staff if they were stolen. If you do this they'll be dead and obviously won't show up anymore, and you wont get the Grimorum Anathema from them later. If you are in hard mode and want to fight them you have to flip the switches so only the ones on the left are on.

Boss Battle: Benson & Mauldin
First Off, Red Crescent isn't going to work in this battle. If you try to use it when Benson is still alive he will counter with Reverse Red Crescent which will deal 100 damage to everyone in your party and reduce his HP to 1. So unless you see that as a viable strategy to lower his HP, don't do that. Benson also knows Hiryuu Shouri Zan, which will one hit kill anyone it hits, and he can heal himself. In hard mode he knows the desperation technique Hiryuu Seizon Kougek which is a massive hit all attack. Mauldin is less of a threat. He Can lower your attack or put you to sleep, and has a desperation technique that will make everyone stumble. The main threat is Benson's one hit kill move, so work on taking him out first, once hes gone Mauldin won't last long. They will drop BENSON'S SWORD and MAULDIN'S STAFF.

Whether you faught them or not, head north from the top of the staircase. There will be a save, then use the skeleton key to enter the next room. You'll confront Duke Greene and Orrum but they will flee. You do succeed in saving Fayette though and she rejoins the party. More plot will occur and you will eventually find yourself outside the Villa. Go back to the world map.

World Map
---------
Head to the cave in the mountains to the north. The path here will be clear now so just follow the path until you get to the other side. Once you're out head into the swampy looking area on the right.

Upper Arcadia
-------------
Anyway, this area is unique in that its a hybrid of a town and a dungeon. You'll see what I mean as you progress. You're going to want to bring Kanna here so make sure she's in the party. When you enter right in front of you will be a house, enter it. There are a few things of note here. First in the top left corner there's a pot containing a GINGER ROOT. Near the right corner of the room there's a girl spinning in circles, talk to her for some HOLUNCA. There is also a man behind a table who will act as the item shop for this town, selling tonic, antidote, and awakening. When your done hear leave the house.

From hear continue east and then north across the bridge. Head to the left across another bridge and enter the house here. Inside you'll find the lady here is running an inn. Also, the three pots in the top right corner each hold NECTAR. Leave the house and head to the right. You'll see a log. If you examine it, it will move to the right, so keep doing that until it moves into the river then cross it. In the next area follow the path back and forth until you reach a cave. Inside the cave follow the path until you see a chest. Open it for the GRIMORUM AVIA. Equip this to Kanna and head back to the first area.

Go back down to near the entrance and you will see a scarecrow. On your left will be a sparkling patch on the ground. Walk onto it then go to the menu and cast levitate. You'll cross to the small island. Talk to the guy here, he'll offer you 20GP for his stuff. If you accept you'll get a RUNE TABLET FRAGMENT and you only actually pay him 10GP. Levitate back to the main path and go slightly south. You'll see another sparkling patch here, levitate here as well. On the other side you'll find a cave with a chest containing a ROPE inside. Levitate back to the main path and go back to the next area. You'll see a small patch of dirt here along the ledge, use the rope here. Climb down and go right to the next area. Here enter the house and walk through it back outside. Keep going right and you'll be back on the World Map.

World Map
---------
Go south a little bit and then east for a bit until you see a bridge. Go south a bit to another bridge that will take you to Dillon.

Dillon
------
We've finally arrived at Dillon, one way or another. But before storming the castle there's a few things to do first. Standard inn/weapon/item shop deal. The item shop makes everything you've seen up to this point. In the south part of town during the day there's a girl selling apples, who Vance decides not to extort money from, but if you come back here later you can. In the eastern most house in the row of houses facing the harbor has been recently relieved of its occupants. If you check the sign on the wall there you will find a REVIVE. Up in the northeastern part of town, you can walk between two of the houses and behind the right house there's a chest with HENAR ESSENCE. Also in the southwest corner of town by the inn during the day is a boy who will tell you where there is treasure in the castle for 14GP. There's really no reason to pay him if your using this guide, unless you want the chance to yell at him later because he tells you the wrong place.

At night in the north east corner enter the door next to the barrels. Inside you will find the 'Famous Dillon Treasure Chest Game'. If Roper is in your party you can extort the place for 55GP, or 40GP in hard mode. Otherwise you can play the game. Its all random and you just gotta get lucky pretty much. If you win 7 games she will close. Once your done with that game there's one more thing to take care of before going after Duke Greene involving a certain doomsday weapon, so head back up to the world map.

World Map
---------
Cross the bridge head up a little bit, then head back east across the new bridge and into the Fairfax Checkpoint

Fairfax Checkpoint
------------------
Here you'll soon come to a guy blocking your way, as it commonly happens at Checkpoints. How you get by depends on what path you took to Dillon. If you took the mountain path, then its going to cost you a third of your GP. If this applies to you I'd suggest making sure you've done all your item buying in Dillon first so you don't give up as much money. If you took the Severn path, then you'll have Roper in your party and get by for free. If you took the Arcadia path then you just have to give him the Holunca you got there. Anyway, once your past him head through back to the world map.

World Map
---------
Immediately to the north west is the town of Fairfax, so head there.

Fairfax
-------
Few things to grab here. Head toward to the northern treeline, three of the trees here give APPLES. Inside the inn there's a chest with a HI-TONIC. Also make sure to talk to big the red shirted guy near the entrance of town, this will cause him to open up a new shop later in the game. Note that hes only around during the day. Come by at night and enter the weapon shop to meet Sharon, this duchy's version of Lauren or Florence. Unfortunately Greene has outlawed bounty hunters so she has no jobs for you at the moment. That's all there is here so head back to the world map.

World Map
---------
Head right and up around the mountains here. There's a small patch of forest on the northern tip of the continent, go there to find an area with a chest containing 30GP, or 20GP in hard mode. And for those of you interested there's a small area on the western tip here. It may serve as a very minor part of the upcoming plot depending on which path you took to Dillon, other than that there's nothing there. After that head into the forest bordering the mountain.

Fairfax Forest
--------------
Ok this place is going to be a mess for me to guide you through, but I will do my best. Now, the goal here is to get enough Knight Insignia's to be allowed past some guards deeper in the forest. How many you need depends on how many people are in your party. If you took the mountain path you only need 3, if you took the Severn path you need 4, and if you took the Arcadia path you need all 6. You can get them by killing the Knights that wander the forest. Each of them drops 20GP so its a good idea to kill as many as you can. Also worth noting that some of the chests in this are are bugged, and depending on what order you open them in, some may be open when you get there, and some will always have an item in them. The only way to fix this is to fix the code.

Anyway, first head to the left and then down at the first intersection and left at the second one. There is a knight across the river here, you can only get to him if you got the Grimorum Avia in the Arcadia path. If you didn't take that path you won't need to kill him anyway. In either case follow the river down a bit and you'll find a chest with 25GP in it. Now head back toward the entrance of the forest. From here head as far right as possible then down. At the first intersection go left and you'll find the next knight. Head back to the previous path and continue down. The next intersection is actually one big circle, and a knight patrols the circle. So either hunt it down or wait for it to circle around again. After killing him, keep following the right edge of the map down into a new area. Here there's a fourth knight and a chest with POTION in it. Now head back up into the main area and go left at the first intersection, and the lower path at the next one and you'll find another knight. Now go back and take the upper path and at the next intersection the lower one for a chest with a NEUTRALIZE RING. Now head back to the main path and then west across the log and continue into a new area. Here you will find a RUNE TABLET FRAGMENT. If you are in hard mode there will be a switch here you'll need to press.

Back in the main area head north and you'll find the Last knight. Now head back down and across the log. Keep going right until you hit the big 5 way intersection. Go up and back left and you'll see another log across the river (In hard mode you need to press the switch for it to be here). Cross it and head up. You'll see a chest that is actually a mimic. Kill it for a STYLISH RIBBON. Then head left into a new area.

Assuming you have all the Insignia's you need, you'll be aloud to pass by the guards here. There's a save point here, use it and head to the next screen for a cut scene. What happens here differs vastly on what path you took to Dillon, but in all cases you'll be done here.

World Map
---------
Head back to Dillon, you should know where it is by now.

Dillon
------
Stock up on anything you might need, because we're heading to the showdown you've been expecting for three acts now. When ready head to the north end of town and enter Dillon Castle.

Dillon Castle
-------------
One of the most annoying areas of the game, its filled with Dillon Guards patrolling everywhere. If they see you, you will have to fight them and then you will be sent back to the beginning of the castle. Just remember that besides that, getting caught isn't a big deal. Guards can only see straight in front of them, but they see infinitely in that direction. Anyway, on with the castle.

Stop! Don't move another step forward, there's a guard who is walking back and forth across the very entrance here. Take advantage of his acute glaucoma and head left right by him then up and right around him. Head to the door on the right. In the next room there is one guard standing against the wall. He will stare towards the right most of the time, and every once and awhile he will look down. Use this moment to run by him undetected. At the end of the hall there's a stairwell and a door. First head into the door. Here you are safe to attack the guard, so do that for the DILLON MASTER KEY. Once that's done, if you took any path to Dillon but the mountain, head to the end of the dungeon for a scene that will net you 70GP, or 50GP in hard mode.

If you took the Arcadia path you can skip the whole part about getting the chest in the garden and go straight to the third floor if you want, saving some frustration.

Head back out of the dungeon and head up the stairs. You'll be above a small garden, enter the doors above you, and then immediately keep going straight up to the next area. If you stand there for too long the guard might see you. Here you'll be outside the castle, head left and back down into the next room. There's no guard here, just a switch. Press it to spawn a chest in the garden we'll get in a bit. Head down and you'll be back above the garden and see the chest. From here your going to want to take the stairs down to what is pretty much suicide. In the next hall there are 3 guards, all with random movement. There's a chest here with 75GP in it if you can grab it. The best strategy is to hope the top guard goes down and then hug the wall around to the chest. Its really all luck because of the random movement. Also its much harder approaching from the south, so I wouldn't try. If you manage to get it great, continue south out of the room. If you get caught no big deal, since you'll end up right outside where you were going anyway. Also worth noting you can't skip this room by going back the way you came, because eventually you'll hit a point where you enter a room standing in front of a guard and you'll get caught anyway.

So, after getting the chest or not, back in the entrance room head to the north exit. The next room is a small hall with no guards that leads to the garden. Use the key you got to open the chest for a SHIV. No, its not as bad as it sounds, this is a special plot related shiv. Trust me. Head back to the entrance and east and back up the right path above the garden. Then time head down into a new room. You'll see a guard by a door moving back and forth always looking north. Head through the door when he moves and you'll find a bucket of healing water. leave the way you came and quickly head left before the guard walks into you. You'll see a similar guard by another door, use the same method to enter this one and there will be a save here. Clime the stairs here and enter the next room.

Here you will need to do one of two things. If you got the shiv, you can approach the guard here and kill him with it. If you took the Arcadia path you can walk over the rubble in the corner and use it to distract the guard. Either way, from here you should head into the big door in the center and into the throne room. From here on out what happens differs greatly depending on what path you took, until you come to the long awaited fight with Duke Greene.

Boss: Duke Greene
This can be a moderately difficult fight, depending on who's with you during the fight and how nasty Greene decides to be. If you have red crescent, that will take a big chunk of his HP off and make the fight much easier. He's got some self heals and he can poison you, so watch out for that. He has two self proclaimed 'special spells'. The first is Falwell, which is just your basic hit all attack, it'll get stronger every time he focuses power. His second spell is Norne Collapse. If he uses this he will start off by 'looking upward' for three turns. At this point he will cast the spell, which will fully heal him and and put you under a 10 turn time limit to beat him before your entire party disintegrates. If this happens just do your best to work around it. It probably shouldn't take more than 10 turns to kill him, so unless your party is already in alot of trouble it should be manageable. When he dies he'll drop BLENHEIM.

Once you've defeated Duke Greene, a bunch more stuff will happen that again can vastly differ depending on the path you took. Eventually you'll head back to Burlington to celebrate your victory amongst other things.
Last edited by Sage Of The Wise on Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:02 pm

Damn it, my computer died recently so I've recently had a chance to learn of the random limitations of Windows backup, like how it won't save most of your documents, but will save a few gigabytes worth of random flash tutorials from some ancient version of flash. I had about a Kaibustu lord and a half written, but now my most recent surviving copy is right near the start of act 3, so it'll be awhile before I'm back to where I was, but it'll be written eventually.
Also lost my bug free versions of The Way, hopefully one of my friends I've tried to peddle the games off on still has the files >_>
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby randomperson » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:31 am

So Sage, are you still working on this?

It would be nice to have a guide for this finished one day. I kept putting working on this off since I was getting frustrated by the Arcadia cave switch puzzle. If you've stopped working on it I wouldn't mind continuing from where you left off. If you're still doing it though then that's great, you know the game better than I do anyway >_>

Edit: Oh, by the way, I noticed you were vague on the Tatum part. You can get her back later if you turn her in but her stats will be less than they would if you don't turn her in. I'm not sure if anything else changes as a result. I'd advise against turning her in since the GP isn't really worth making her more useless than she already is.
randomperson
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:10 am

I figured I'd do more during winter break, don't have the time otherwise. The reason I was vague on the Tatum part was because I wasn't sure what happened, I figured I'd add that in later once I figured it out. In any case my saves got reverted to the beginning of act 3, which is why I lost motivation on this for awhile.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Beldarius » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:30 pm

Btw, can you guys help me figure out what some themes in the RPG are? ...Basically I'm wondering about the title theme, and the theme of Burlington (since the end of this town's theme sounds very familiar). I just can't for the life of me remember their names (the real ones).

PS. Also, using themes from Saint Seiya makes this fangirl a happy bunneh. Happens to be my favorite anime, that one.
*points at her avatar* In case you're curious, this guy is Tetsuya Onodera from Super Robot Wars OG. He's the vice-captain of Space Noah class battleship Hagane and my favorite character in the games (alongside Gilliam Yeager).
Beldarius
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:19 pm

Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Beldarius » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:56 pm

Thank you. 8D ...I actually have the latter one, how on earth didn't I recognize it? xD
*points at her avatar* In case you're curious, this guy is Tetsuya Onodera from Super Robot Wars OG. He's the vice-captain of Space Noah class battleship Hagane and my favorite character in the games (alongside Gilliam Yeager).
Beldarius
Wanderer

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:17 pm

TTHW has to have one of the more eclectic soundtracks I've seen in an rpg maker game. A lot of anime openings and stuff from anime OSTs, but also a bunch of like... 80s and 90s mainstream radio songs, and a disproportionally small amount of music from actual games. I'd love to do music tracking for it, but it would probably take freakin' years. ...Oh heck, I'll probably end up trying some time anyway.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming