Dragon Age - Origins

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Dragon Age - Origins

Postby CJ » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:22 am

Anyone else played this yet. Very interesting. Sort of a mix between Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Re: Dragon Age - Origins

Postby Impossible » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:49 am

I think Jera was attempting to jack off to his female character in this earlier, so talk to him and Strayed about it.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:39 am

Impossible wrote:I think Jera was attempting to jack off to his female character in this earlier, so talk to him and Strayed about it.

"Attempting"? What the fuck does that mean? It's kind of hard to "fail" at jacking off if you have any idea what you're doing. And I sincerely hope I don't need to tell you I am in fact a seasoned veteran. I have pioneered many advances in the field of jacking off, ask about my book one of these days.

And I never said I jacked off to her. The fact that you apparently have not picked up on the little fact that I am completely and utterly shameless enough to not spare a second in telling you if I did is a little disappointing. If you're going to fruitlessly insult me, at least pick something that actually happened. Out of all the available ammunition I freely give away (see the above paragraph) and you have to make something up? You're either a bad listener or desperately using any outlet you can find for your creativity.

Anyway... uh... Dragon Age. Seems pretty cool thus far. I haven't gotten too far past the 4-hour "introduction" yet, but they clearly poured a lot of effort into it. Like 90% of the disc must be used on voice acting, because I swear I've spent the majority of my gameplay time listening to people talking. It's good writing though, I'm reasonably impressed. I find combat to be a little muddled though. It's hard to keep track of everyone and I constantly find myself either unexpectedly dieing or someone else in my party unexpectedly dieing. I've never been the kind of person to manage an entire party's tactics and inventory though. I was also kind of hoping for a greater variety of combat moves, but I guess that's what I get for being uncreative and picking a human fighter. The manual took like half an hour to read through so I'm sure there's a lot of nuances I missed and have yet to grasp.

Updates on getting my character into some sweaty lesbian sex forthcoming.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Impossible » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:47 am

I remember you complaining about her breasts or something. I wasn't sure if she would meet your impeccable standards. And clearly I pulled it out of my ass because I couldn't be bothered checking.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Crean » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:34 pm

Haven`t tried it yet... but my groupmates "got into the dark" and left our world.) They are re-playing the DAO for the 6-th time(!) to check all the variants of endings. They prompt me to play it... I`m afraid :lol:
Crean
Wanderer

Postby Sling » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:20 pm

I sat down and completed one week last summer. It was pretty good. I managed to get my character to hook up with the character voiced by Claudia Black.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:29 pm

I loved the assassin that attempts to ambush you then joins your party. Until I realised he wanted to fuck me in the ass. Then I went along with it to get the achievement for completing the relationship lines with every character. Now I feel dirty. Can't look at my character the same way.

As for the game itself, very good, kept me playing. Until Awakening came out and they just started throwing awesome new weapons and armour at me and I didn't want to throw any of my equally awesome old stuff away.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Otaku No Anime » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:07 pm

Origins and Awakening were awesome. Well-crafted story and lore (even if a tad bit cliché at points), good gameplay, and an overall immerse experience.

Shame DA II didn't quite get there, but that's another topic altogether.
Otaku No Anime
S2 Hilyn

Return to Gaming