Games I Actually Give A Shit About

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Games I Actually Give A Shit About

Postby Sling » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:19 pm

First up, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. I was originally not going to get a PS3, but I decided to watch a Let's Play of the game to see what I missed. I am now going to get a PS3 when I can afford one. For this game, and one other (see below). Whilst the B&B bosses are fucking terrible

God of War III. I didn't give a shit about the God of War series until my next door neighbour lent me God of War and God of War II. It was like Tomb Raider... only better. It takes a lot for me to think, 'Oh, that's a bit harsh' and the brutality in these games gave me goosebumps. Mmm, delicious murder. Tastes like chicken... and blood.

Command & Conquer 4. I saw the trailer and there was something about an insane, immortal(?), madman turning up via chinook to a Tiberium infested Manchester that made me think, "Ooo!". Then I found out this was the last C&C game to feature Cain, I immediately decided I am going to get this game. Unless, it later turns out to be shit. I am bit disappointed that you don't get to play as Scrin this time, from what I gather the gameplay is going to be a lot different, but in a good way.

StarCraft II. This game is ACTUALLY going to be released... I think. Either way, there are releasing it in three different discs, one for each faction. Although, apparently there isn't going to be any Network play, which sucks massive ass.

Supreme Commander 2. I loved the first one and the expansion pack. I wish I actually had the time to play this more often (seeing as a good game can last hours). I think it took me something like 2-3 hours to beat an easy AI. Then again, I did tech up and build loads of nuclear subs... and a Tech 4 articllery piece that takes 80 minutes to build (or something like that). There is nothing more hilarious into letting your opponent think they have you outnumbered when suddenly, BOOM, 20+ nukes hit your base and you start getting bombarded by a piece of artillery on the other side of the map. If the second one is anything like its predecessors then it is going to be fucking amazing.

Alien vs. Predator. Doesn't come out to March (fuck you Sega!) but worth the wait. As the Predator you can rip of the skulls of humans and aliens and stick them on your belt as trophies. Even if the rest of the game is shit, that single factor sold the game to me in an instant. Of course, the rest of the game is fucking amazing. I haven't seen any alien gameplay but apparently you can impregnate people and crazy shit like that.

Final Fantasy XIII. Okay, so Square Enix have let us down with X, X-2, XI, the remake of III (for fucking DS of all things!), Dissidia (for the fucking PSP this time, I mean what the FUCK?!) and XIV (another fucking MMO? What is wrong with the current one? And why ruin the main series by having another fucking MMO?! One was bad enough. Sheesh.), but XII was good and XIII looks really good. A black guy with a chocobo that lives in his afro? The only people I know who can sell such bizarre concepts as if they were common place truities, well, other than Hideo Kojima is Sqaure Soft. Main character is a female version of Cloud (basically), yet infinitely cooler (come on, Cloud was a bit gay sometimes).

Games that I have played and I have given my seal of approval to are: -
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I especially loved All Ghillied Up, it was good hearing Craig Fairbrass and Billy Murray's voices.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. It was good hearing Craig Fairbrass and Billy Murray's voices again, also I loved Special Ops and No Russian (it was the killing of the police that put a smile on my face oddly enough and killing civilians always provides inevitable hilarity no matter what game it is).
Halo 3. Multiplayer is what did it for me. I surprisingly got up to Level 2 Commander in the online rankings.
Resident Evil 5. Two words. Albert Wesker. Also, you get an orbital space laser targeter as a weapon against one of the last bosses. I thought Resident Evil 4 was pretty good, but this beats 4 into the dirt. Whilst it does not feature zombies, it is still a good game. Of course nothing beats the firs 2 Resident Evil games, but 5 is a close runner-up to their levels of awesome.
Grand Theft Auto 4. I loved this game. Whilst GTA usually serves as an excuse to kill random people and pick fights on the police, this game I actually gave a shit about the storyline. Either way, in one mission you get to rob a bank, a la Heat (1995 film with Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Val Kilmer and Tom Sizemore in it (if you get the chance torrent it)). One of your crew gets killed by some NRA member and you and the two other guys have to escape, on foot, from hoardes of police. I love it. You get to shoot at lots of police with an M4 Carbine... and you get hand grenades. Another mission involves taking on the armed thugs of a Jewish diamond dealer when some cunt turns up and ruins the deal by opening fire into the room. You later get to hunt down and kill said diamond dealer. Last mission you pick either to make peace with or get revenge on you arch nemesis Dmitri Rascalov. If you pick revenge, then some crazed mafia guy (Jimmy Pegorino) who wanted to make a deal with him kills your fancy woman (Kate McCreary) and then you have to hunt him down to. Whereas if you make the deal, Kate hates you for going against your personal beliefs and Dmitri hires a gunman to assisinate your cousin (Roman) on the day of his wedding with Mallorie). Fun times.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Re: Games I Actually Give A Shit About

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:14 am

Metal Gear is by no means an actual game. You spend way too much of your time listening to people babble about the plot and all related entities within. Yes, a game needs a story... but I do not need a 1 hour movie-watching session per fifteen minutes of actual gameplay. I could also deal without the horribly overdramatic scenes involving heroes that just don't know when to fucking die.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:42 am

I think the only game I'm really waiting for right now is No More Heroes 2.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby tridon777 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:54 pm

The only thing Im looking forward to is the new downloadable cotent for the PC version of Borderlands. Its really has no story its just a hectic fps with diabloish feel to it and tons of loot! What I like the most is the millions of guns that you can pick up. Youll see what I mean if you ever play. ;)
tridon777
Plyn

Postby Sling » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:05 am

Strayed Wanderer wrote:Metal Gear is by no means an actual game. You spend way too much of your time listening to people babble about the plot and all related entities within. Yes, a game needs a story... but I do not need a 1 hour movie-watching session per fifteen minutes of actual gameplay. I could also deal without the horribly overdramatic scenes involving heroes that just don't know when to fucking die.

That's pretty much every Metal Gear Solid game from 2 onwards.

Either way, the fight where you control Metal Gear REX and are up against Ocelot in the Metal Gear RAY is more awesome than words can convey and I loved the customisable weaponry.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Wellsy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:17 pm

tridon777 wrote:The only thing Im looking forward to is the new downloadable cotent for the PC version of Borderlands. Its really has no story its just a hectic fps with diabloish feel to it and tons of loot! What I like the most is the millions of guns that you can pick up. Youll see what I mean if you ever play. ;)

Borderlands is a very fun game that they've called a "Role-Playing Shooter," for whatever the hell that's worth. There are a lot of guns for sure, though I just have experience as the Soldier, as you can choose 3 other characters as well. Got it for Christmas and it's a tad addicting.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:08 pm

And I'm sure you still don't have an ethernet cable run to your Xbox, dick.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Wellsy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:40 pm

Make no mistake about it, I continue to be a lousy rat bastard. Do you have this game yourself?
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:54 pm

Wellsy wrote:Make no mistake about it, I continue to be a lousy rat bastard. Do you have this game yourself?

Strayed and I are venerable Borderlands pros. Get thy silly bitch-ass an ethernet cable and come conquer spiderants with us.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Forerunner » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:40 am

I'm thinking about buying it after playing with my brother for about 30 minutes. Only having made it to level 7, I don't feel I've had enough experience to have an informed opinion of the game. However next time I'm starting as the Hunter, the weapons the Soldier started off with shits me.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:58 pm

All right, Wellsy. Here is the deal. I have a 12 month XBL Gold card sitting on my desk (I found it cheaper than normal, didn't want to pass it up). If you run a fucking cable to your Xbox, I will give you the card number.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:49 pm

Why do you need cables? The Xbox 360 wireless internet adaptor has been out for ages.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:28 pm

It's $100 and the performance is lackluster according to everyone I've talked to.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:57 pm

Yeah in general they really suck, especially for the price. Its ridiculous.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:49 am

Yeah, in the UK it is £59.99, which is $96.77USD ($99.87CAD and $104.19AUD). Mine works just fine though. It depends on how decent your router is. My router is quite temperamental, so even with the network cable it still played up. I haven't noticed any difference personally.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Next

Return to Gaming