Games I Actually Give A Shit About

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Re: Games I Actually Give A Shit About

Postby tridon777 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:34 pm

I wish Borderlands was crossplatform, but unfotunately its not and the pc online hosting sucks. So i havnt played it again for a few days, but I hope the latest DC is announced for the pc soon. Its already out for the xbox you bastards. I really want the bank slots, but anyways what is your best gun?

*Edit: Alright nvm I just checked the borderland's wiki and Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot came out for the PC last thursday. Time to go find the cracked version........
tridon777
Plyn

Postby CJ » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:19 am

I feel like firing up my SNES and playing Earthworm Jim 2 again. Man that game was messed up.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby tridon777 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:57 pm

It was on the SNES? I played the 3d versions on my playstation way back.
tridon777
Plyn

Postby CJ » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:55 am

EWJ 2 was released on Megadrive, SNES, Saturn, PSX, and MS-DOS. I had the SNES version (PAL mind you. Slow game is slow).

Anyways I decided to scratch the SNES idea. I have my precious Super Famicom stored away safely for future generations (I fully intend to pass it on to my grandchildren when I die. If they sell it i'll haunt them good). So instead I bought a Sega Saturn. Never owned one before and can't wait to get it. So if anyone has any suggestions for games it'd be great. Oh, and don't bother mentioning Panzer Dragoon Saga. That game is already on my to 'obtain' list.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby tridon777 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:37 am

Emulators..... There there so you dont have to spend a bunch of money. :wink: Just messing my first video game I ever played was Kirby in Dreamland for the NES. Awesome game.
tridon777
Plyn

Postby Sling » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:07 pm

So, I bought StarCraft II... and my PCs processor is 0.3 GHz too slow to play it. On the plus side, I am getting a free MacBook Pro for Uni. I am getting Apple Products... without contributing any money to Apple, I'M LIVING THE DREAM. Then I can put Windows on it, just like nature intended.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:10 pm

I also have been getting much better at Modern Warfare 2. Yet no matter how good I am, even during my best performaces, I always end up getting killed right before getting a Tactical Nuke.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:02 am

Strayed Wanderer wrote:It's $100 and the performance is lackluster according to everyone I've talked to.

Recently learned that the original xbox 360 adaptors don't support wireless N, but the new adapters that do are even more expensive than the old ones (used to be AU$130, now AU$150) so ethernet cable it is.

I ended up finishing Borderlands a while back, I honestly couldn't be fucked playing through as every single character so I have a 61 Hunter who's done pretty much everything, and a Siren and Berserker who've just finished their first playthrough. The best weapon I've found is a Sniper rifle I've deemed the 'Shredder Shredder' for short: 1200 damage x 5 bullets, though the magazine size is only 3 and reload speed leaves some to be desired.

Since then I've finally played through Assassins Creed, then immediately bought Assassins Creed 2 which I'm trying to complete. On that note: if anyone's played the Assassins Creed 2 DLC could you tell me if it's worth it? (I'm assuming the DLC is the same across all platforms). Dragon Age: Origins is sitting around somewhere waiting to be played too, but I refuse to start it now when I know in 11 days I'll be putting it down indefinitely.

On that note, does the general population of the board still despise the Halo franchise, or can I expect to run into some of the Crestfallen Few online once Reach comes out?
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:31 am

I'm still the only person I've ever met to own a 360 but not a Halo game.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:31 am

I liked the Assassin's Creed games although some of the plot leaved much to be desired.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:44 pm

I liked the storyline of the first one, mainly because of how the the game fucks Altair's perception of right and wrong, he thinks he's such a mad bastard, but he really just does what he's told until the end. On the other hand, once you get to the end of the game any combat is repetetive. Not only have you done it all before, but the enemies usually predict every method of killing them in combat except counter.

2 is better gameplay wise, much better IMO. But the storyline seems less compelling, and Altair is a way cooler name than Ezio.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Angel_OA » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:57 pm

Also, the Crusades were a much better setting for an assassin than renaissance Italy.
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:58 am

I got the new Medal of Honour game, and it is actually really good. It is quite different from COD in a number of ways. One cool feature is that you can slide into cover if you are sprinting, it is also much more realistic. It's kind of like MW2 type setting, has a story as good as World at War, with a whole bunch of new cool stuff. I haven't tested out the multiplayer out yet though, seeing as I can't get Xbox LIVE at Uni.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon May 09, 2011 1:42 am

After the disappointment that was Halo: Reach I've been consistently let down by the selection of games I've played, so I'm going to go into detail about them, hopefully get some pointers for good new games.

Dissidia 012 is very similar to the original, infact other than what I'm about to mention, everything is exactly the same. There's new characters, the battle system's been given a few tweaks (emphasis on a few), a 'world map' to run around on even though there's essentially nothing to do after a battle but head to the next battle, and they've somehow managed to make an even less compelling storyline.

Team Fortress 2. It seems to have a pretty large following, but I just can't get into it. Similar complaints to Reach; they've diverted from the classic FPS where everyone has the same health/stats, abilities and selection of weapons at once, to something new which I can't see as anything but uneven. No matter how you try to make things fair in such a game, there's always going to be small differences in each loadout that people can whore to their advantage, and the extreme annoyance of everyone else.

Fable 3. Enough said.

NFS Hot Pursuit 2. " ".

In fact the only game I've really enjoyed lately is Magicka. Tearing apart hordes of goblins, daemons and undead with infinite mana and whatever spell you can create using the elements somehow is not getting old.
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Mon May 09, 2011 3:49 am

I on the other hand have recently purchased: -
Medal of Honour
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Halo: Reach
Red Dead Redemption
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
Left for Dead
Left for Dead 2
Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Da Vinci Edition
Lego Star Wars III

I've also begun my own LP of The Way... whilst we wait for Malefact's triumphant return. In other news, this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54VJWHL2K3I
Sling
S5 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming