Osu!

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Osu!

Postby Otaku No Anime » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:15 am

Out of curiosity and need of someone to either play against or compete in the rankings, does anyone here play Osu, the PC Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents clone?

If not, you can find it here. It's a pretty fun game, even if you haven't played the official games it was based on. And if just playing isn't enough for you Osu also lets you create your own beatmaps with the songs that you choose (but good luck getting them ranked for scoring).
Otaku No Anime
S2 Hilyn

Re: Osu!

Postby Impossible » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:15 am

Unfortunately I'm terrible at Osu, because I really need the touch screen to play well. But people have made some songs there that so badly should have been in the Ouendan/EBA games, or should be, if they ever damn made a new one. I actually made some beatmaps myself a couple of years back... I guess I resorted to making songs since I couldn't play them with a mouse. I had some in-progress ones that I never got around to doing before I lost interest/lacked time to continue.

Off the top of my head, the finished ones were I Just Can't Wait to be King (timed with the matching video from the Lion King, it was easy but very awesomely synced), Katamari on the Rocks (completely awesome), Kasabuta (the first opening of Konjiki no Gash Bell), and a song called Tentai Kansoku, which I'm guessing nobody has heard of. It was the awesome song I really wanted more than almost anything in Ouendan 2, but unfortunately I made the stupid mistake of making my most desired song as my first one, and the inexperience shows in it just not being as good as if I'd made it later. I think there are even still slight timing issues that were partly the actual song's fault. The timing should be perfect in all my others. At least it's still an amazing song.

I'm sure so many great new songs have been made since I was last involved with it... I need to go check out what's been done at some point.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Re: Osu!

Postby Otaku No Anime » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:14 am

Oh wow. I think I've spent a bit of time playing your Katamari on the Rocks beatmap back when I was more active. Can't believe I didn't catch your screenname as its creator until now. And I'm pretty sure I've heard Tentai Kansoku before. Was it in Drummania?

I'm still trying to learn how to work the beatmap editor myself. I've got the basics down, so I might try actually making a full map if I find a song that's just right for my tastes when playing the game.

I'm pretty used to playing the game with a mouse and keyboard (for certain songs) to the point where I can play most normal maps without having too much trouble. As long as I resist the urge to reset every damn time I screw up. It's a bad habit you pick up once you star reaching the 500s on up and you need decent score just get anywhere.
Otaku No Anime
S2 Hilyn

Return to Gaming