Minecraft

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Minecraft

Postby CJ » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:41 am

So after hearing a lot about minecraft recently, i decided to buy it and was pleasantly surprised at how addictive the game is.

I don't really care much for the build your own landscape sort of gameplay, but the new game mode included in the alpha actually requires you to farm materials from certain areas like wood from trees .etc to build tools with, and then with those tools you farm more materials to build forts and underground bunkers and all sorts of awesome shit.

I spent the first day ingame trying to figure out what the fuck to do and ended up dying at night from all the zombies and spiders attacking me.

Apart from the fact it is still in alpha and buggy as fuck (keeps crashing for me and screwing up my save files slightly), it's a very addictive game and an interesting concept. Reminds me of my dungeon keeper playing days.

http://www.minecraft.net/

Give it a go if you don't mind paying for it and have some time to kill. If you don't wanna pay, you can still play the classic version for free. But the classic version is just a landscape building game where you get unlimited blocks just to do stuff. No monsters, no building tools or weapons. Just infinite blocks to build whatever you want.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Re: Minecraft

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:30 pm

I've been playing Minecraft for a few months now and yeah, it's definitely worth the money. Both the single-player survival mode and multi-player free build mode are super-addictive in their own ways. If you need a way to burn away hours of your life, Mincraft delivers.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Re: Minecraft

Postby Sling » Thu May 05, 2011 8:51 am

My friend Lee has his own MineCraft podcast which you can check out here:
http://wondermentminecraft.blip.tv/?sor ... =dc;page=2

Also, a bunch of guys have built a 1:1 scale model of the Enterprise D in MineCraft too, which is awesome.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Return to Gaming