List Of 5 Favorite Games Ever

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Berserker » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:51 pm

4. Live A Live--A somewhat underappreciated Japanese game for the SNES. The player experiences the interesting stories of various characters across several time periods, each period presenting a different general "style;" for example, a chapter resembling a kung-fu movie, or a chapter of near-future giant-robot anime. The downsides of this game are its mediocre graphics and frequent battles.

It was nice, expecially some chapter, but it's nearly unknown. The boss music rocks.
Star Ocean is nice until you defeat Asmodeus, then the plot goes crazy...
"I shouldn't have to live in a world where all good points are horrible ones" (Black mage, 8bit theater)
Berserker
S2 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:20 pm

arocoun wrote:4. Live A Live--A somewhat underappreciated Japanese game for the SNES. The player experiences the interesting stories of various characters across several time periods, each period presenting a different general "style;" for example, a chapter resembling a kung-fu movie, or a chapter of near-future giant-robot anime. The downsides of this game are its mediocre graphics and frequent battles.

Awesome. I think I was one of the only people on the LaL GameFAQs board who beat the final chapter with just one character.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Greatchickenman » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:40 pm

Live a Live was one of the best SNES games i've ever played. I'm sad that i've never beat it though. I loved the way they had all the different stories that really didn't have much to do with each other at all.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby HolsteinCow » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:45 pm

EmperorJeramyu wrote:
arocoun wrote:4. Live A Live--A somewhat underappreciated Japanese game for the SNES. The player experiences the interesting stories of various characters across several time periods, each period presenting a different general "style;" for example, a chapter resembling a kung-fu movie, or a chapter of near-future giant-robot anime. The downsides of this game are its mediocre graphics and frequent battles.

Awesome. I think I was one of the only people on the LaL GameFAQs board who beat the final chapter with just one character.

Which one? Sunset?
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:48 pm

I beat the final chapter with Samo (The fat kid from the kung-fu chapter), and Samo alone. I'm not one of those Hurricane Shot wimps. :wink:
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:34 pm

Did you get a jap translator patch or an english rom?
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:04 pm

A patch. Pre-patched roms are pretty uncommon.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Impossible » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:20 am

I found a pre-patched ROM of SD3 once...
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:56 pm

Uncommon.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Greatchickenman » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:24 pm

I got live a live and SD3 prepatched. And Bahamut Lagoon as well.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Excell » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:51 pm

Lucky you guys. I have to redownload all my roms onto my laptop because apparently they don't burn onto data CDs right.....
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby sbf » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:21 pm

Zork 1
Zork 2
Zork 3
Zork 4
Zork 5
sbf
Wanderer

Postby CJ » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:47 am

1. Final Fantasy VII

2. Chrono Trigger

3. Final Fantasy X

4. Baldur's Gate

5. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Glenn47 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:43 pm

I can easily agree with your first two choices, and your 4th. FFX wasn't really that great, although I really did enjoy it. The other one I didn't even play. I never played the first BG, but I heard really good things.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:01 pm

EmperorJeramyu wrote:I beat the final chapter with Samo (The fat kid from the kung-fu chapter), and Samo alone. I'm not one of those Hurricane Shot wimps. :wink:

LOL! No way! I picked Samo too! I love the fat kid!
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming