Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby RentACop » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:34 pm

Ah...lessee:

1. Planescape Torment

2. Baldur's Gate 2

3. Freespace 2

4. Tie Fighter

5. Chrono Trigger

Honorable Mentions: Deus Ex, Medieval: Total War, Magic Carpet, Undying, Fallout(any), Myth 1&2....and so on.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Alundra » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:15 am

Final Fantasy 7
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask/Ocarina of Time
(Adventures of) Alundra
Secret of Evermore
Chrono Cross

These would all be at the number one spot ... But there's so many great games out there and all of them gave me pretty sweet memories when I replay them... it was hard to choose...

But I almost forgot to add "The Way"!! Flaming fires of Janwen Burn me!
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:20 am

Wait... SECRET OF EVERMORE IS ONE OF YOUR FIVE FAVOURITE GAMES EVER?

Alundra on the respect scale pre-that post:

1--2--3--4--5--6*--7--8--9--10

Alundra on the respect scale after that post:

*-------0--1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10

And... Chrono Cross? Final Fantasy VII? Whoa, your entire list is shit. Zelda isn't even an RPG.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sephiroth555 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:25 am

Impossible wrote:Zelda isn't even an RPG.

Who said it was? 8)

1. FF7

I hate picking favourites. It's too hard to find which would come second, third... espically since i've played so many, and ill probably forget many, but FF7 is definetly my fav. I dun care if Impossible goes all "u r teh lamer, i hate u even more than bottom of my shoe *cry* ".
Sephiroth555
S1 Hilyn

Postby Alundra » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:57 am

Impossible... you gotta know that about half of the best games out there I never was actually able to play any of them... considering that I live in Europe, the only game I was able to import was chrono cross... so that game impressed me a lot...
I know there are greater games out there... but as I said, these games gave me great times when playing them... For example, I was only 14 when I got secret of Evermore, and recently got my dog at that same time. SO... it was kinda cool to imput my name and that of my dog and living trough that 'adventure' ^_^ lame as it might sound... I don't really care about what you think of me. I like gaming as much as everyone else here so :P
BTW what do you think about the game 'alundra'? zelda ripoff? Heh... If you post that answer we'll go into a verbal duel ^_^
'Sides : topic states 5 favo games... not rpgs...
SO I COULD'VE STATED I LIKED JAK 3 A LOT TOO ;)
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:41 pm

Oh, whoops, for some reason I thought he was listing RPGs. >_<

But it's still a shit list. Very, very shit. There are a million games better than Chrono Cross (like... the non-shit Chrono Trigger? God, that was hard), and Secret of Evermore was a terrible attempt from Square at ripping themselves off. How about picking the alternative of the one that doesn't suck?[/i]
Last edited by Impossible on Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Dr. Casey » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:50 pm

I don't even know where to begin as far as RPG's go... but as for a rough list of my top five:

The Way (Okay, so this one's obvious. Not rough at all, easily my favorite RPG.)
Final Fantasy 4 (Final Fantasy 6 is good but overrated...)
Phantasy Star 4 (This and the above used to be my favorite RPG's)
Chronicle of the Radia War
Threads of Fate (Iffy, but I've always loved the characters in this one)
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby Alundra » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:51 am

Impossible wrote:Oh, whoops, for some reason I thought he was listing RPGs. >_<

But it's still a shit list. Very, very shit. There are a million games better than Chrono Cross (like... the non-shit Chrono Trigger? God, that was hard), and Secret of Evermore was a terrible attempt from Square at ripping themselves off. How about picking the alternative of the one that doesn't suck?[/i]

Well... I only played those on emulator on my computer and that doesn't give the same feeling... 'sides I never got to buy Secret of Mana :( I only jumped on the snes ride pretty late in the process... my parents wouldn't let me play videogames... hehe
What drew me to like SOE is the humor in that game... There were some of the wackiest things ever said in a game... That's why I like Jak3 too... I like a good story like any ff or most rpg series out there, but most lack the humor I seek: ff 9 and the way being the only rpg's making me roflol

But u'r right, chrono is probably the best game ever made... there's no game with the same gameplay quality, music, visuals and story...BUT it's just not my favorite... 8) the topic was YOUR FAVORITE GAME... not impossible's favorite :roll:
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Daedalus » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:41 am

In no particular order:
Harvest Moon 64.
Earthbound
Golden Sun/TLA
Rainbow Six/2/3
Soul Calibur/2
Daedalus-he who sees by fire.
And so one day I will be gone, and all that will remain will be my love.
Daedalus
Plyn

Postby Impossible » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:42 pm

Secret of Evermore is shit. Period. And even if for some crazy reason you like it... There are only a thousand or so games that are infinitely better. Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy are overrated shit which could not POSSIBLY provide any gameplay-related enjoyment.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Kyle » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:32 am

Sigh... People who like Chrono Cross and FFVII are people who enjoy a combination of an original world, good soundtrack, lots of stuff to do, good story, pretty graphics (at that time). And I'm certainly one of them. Maybe you should explain to us WHY you think FFVI is overrated and WHY you think Chrono Trigger is better than Chrono Cross. Then we'll talk again.

And although I have only read bad reviews about Secret of Evermore it doesn't mean that Alundra couldn't have enjoyed it.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:00 am

Secret of Evermore sucks. End of story.
Chrono Trigger is superior to Chrono Cross in too many ways to count. CC was yet another typicial boring RPG. CT is unique, fun, has absolutely fantastic story and music (and graphics for the SNES), and was quite possibly the only game to actually use the ATB system well.
FFVII was not in the slightest bit fun, and even the story was overrated, IMO. And as in all the FF games, the attempts to deviate from simple linearity tend to just make the game more confusing or frustrating.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Kyle » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:21 am

Wow... That really counts as an exaplanation, yeah. You should become a game reviewer.

"CT is unique, fun, has absolutely fantastic story and music (and graphics for the SNES). "

The same holds true for CC, except replace SNES by PSX. You probably didn't dig deep enough or let the story get through to you enough to realize that this game is 5 times deeper than CT. I can explain CT's story to you in only 10 minutes. Explaining CC's story would take whole day (although I admit it builds on the excellent story provided by CT). It's everything a sequel should be and more.

"FFVII was not in the slightest bit fun, and even the story was overrated, IMO. "

Good thing you added "IMO". Realize that your opinion deviates from that of more than a million other fans who seem to have thouroughly enjoyed the story, which goes much MUCH deeper than you would say at first sight. I suggest you read some story analyses on Gamefaqs.

"And as in all the FF games, the attempts to deviate from simple linearity tend to just make the game more confusing or frustrating."

Don't all games do this? It's called SUBQUESTING. If that confuses you...
I admit that some games handle subquests better than others and I'm certainly not going to claim that FFs have the best subquests among RPGs, but they do a good enough job at keeping things interesting. Besides, you're obviously someone who likes extremely linear games (exception being CT I guess, but you probably raced right to Lavos), because FFVII and CC have an incredible amount of extra stuff to discover.

I'm not saying you don't have the right at an opinion of your own, but stop pretending it's some general truth or that it's so obvious that you're right. All I want from you is a decent and thourough comparison of WHY CC is worse than CT in 100 ways and FFVII has an overrated story.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:49 am

Kyle wrote:Wow... That really counts as an exaplanation, yeah. You should become a game reviewer.

Where did I say I was reviewing those crap games? I don't honestly feel like writing an in-depth analysis of why these games suck just for you.

Kyle wrote:The same holds true for CC

CC was fun? I must have missed that part.

Kyle wrote:Don't all games do this? It's called SUBQUESTING.

I was not talking about side-quests at all.

Kyle wrote:Besides, you're obviously someone who likes extremely linear games (exception being CT I guess, but you probably raced right to Lavos), because FFVII and CC have an incredible amount of extra stuff to discover.

Wow, I've been patient so far (because for games besides Secret of Evermore and sometimes FF, I'm willing to tolerate other peoples' tastes), but that was pure idiocy. First, you decide all on your own that I only like "extremely linear games", which is total crap. Then you give the one exception of CT - the problem? You have absolutely no idea what games I like and play, and you seem to find CT as an exception when it's essentially one of the only games you know of me liking. That doesn't make ANY sense. Then you go on to make your second idiotic assumption, deciding that I raced right to Lavos (even though I wouldn't dream of beating a game like CT or ToS before completing every side-quest perfectly >_<), again having no idea about how I play games or what games I like at all.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Alundra » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:42 am

Impossible... just stfu will ya... you're becoming very boring :lol:
Like I've been meaning to tell ya... quit being such a stuck up brat...
Some ppl like certain games, others don't ... easy as that and so stop bitching about it. I HATE pokemon games for lacking ANY depth storywise... (I don't really hate them, but ... whatever ^_^) and you like them soooo much .... do I go bitching about it (except for now?)

Kyle, nice punch though! Keep it up! 8)
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming