FFXII actually looking good.....

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Excell » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:45 pm

Yes. They are. But some are still fun. FF8 and FF10 are not part of that some.

FF8 has the worst characters in any RPG....well....maybe not. 10 probly has worse. But 9's are far superior. Plus, the entire plot in 8 is ridiculous. I stated my opinions above. They should cover everything.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:15 am

I thought 8 had worse characters than 10.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Porter » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:18 am

i thought 8 and 10 blew ass, and they did terribly.

I actually liked 8 more than 10.
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby Excell » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:25 am

I liked 8 more than 10 also. I refuse to ever touch 10 again. 8 is a possibility during times of extreme boredom.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby Snapman » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:25 am

Impossible wrote:All the FF games are horribly linear.

To an extent this is true. But the nature of FFX made it painfully obvious. The route was just one straight line almost to Zanarkand, with a few diversions along the way. Awful.

immerse your soul in love
Snapman
Wanderer

Postby Excell » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:27 am

I piss on 8 and I piss on 9.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby Porter » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:31 am

you didn't like 9? :?
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby Excell » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:13 pm

Oops, meant 10. 8)

9 was okay. Compared to 8 and 10....and being smack dab in the middle of them....it was like a shining beacon of hope. But no. 10.......
Last edited by Excell on Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby Exiled » Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:13 pm

I have to agree with Excell.
Exiled
S4 Hilyn

Postby Berserker » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:07 am

To an extent this is true. But the nature of FFX made it painfully obvious. The route was just one straight line almost to Zanarkand, with a few diversions along the way. Awful.

Divisions? I think I missed them.
"I shouldn't have to live in a world where all good points are horrible ones" (Black mage, 8bit theater)
Berserker
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:03 am

there weren't many, something like 2 side paths. but that was about it. I'm cheating my way through it now in fact, killing the dark aeons and getting the celestial weapons.

I could just go kick the final boss's ass and be over with it though
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Akirru » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:51 am

I enjoyed almost every and any of the regular Final Fantasy games.

FF1 - Not even going to mention graphics... c'mon, it was the first game. The storyline was the MAKER of cliches, it wasn't a cliche itself. As well as, it didn't go all out in a 'harvest crystals' storyline either. It would be better if you played it when it first came out, it's not fair to judge it with our standards now, because for it's time, it was great. Many tracks started here, and I enjoy most of the tracks in this game, not all, but most. As well as, most of these tracks are re-used (remixed, a bit) in later Final Fanatasy games, so Square must've liked a few of them.

FF2 - The Japanese one of course. (Did they HAVE to wait so freakin' long to release an english version that wasn't geek-translated onto a rom? (Sorry if that offends anyone, you know what I am getting at though). Anyways this game had great systems, and I loved building characters as well by exploiting the games systems. The soundtrack was, while not my favourite, bearably fine. (If that makes any sense)

FF3/6 - Everyone loves FF3/6. Ok, not everyone, and I'm SURE no one cares if you don't, so shut up about it. Everyone knows the goods in this game, so I won't bother wasting my time. The soundtrack has so many amazing tracks in it, that are widely used today. Good job Nobuo.

FF5 - Sorry... Haven't beaten it. I've only gotten to a part with poison plants and a dragon in the mountains... Or something, haha. The soundtrack wasn't the best, IMO, but I havent really listened to them all much.

FF7 - ... .... Umm... This game was amazing, not many people can fight that. The storyline was one of the deepest I've ever seen. Characters were brilliantly filled. The side-systems of the game were vast and enjoyable. This sucker could take up multiple 99:99:99's of your time, hahaha. The soundtrack was amazing.

FF8 - Not my favourite Final Fantasy, but definately enjoyable. What some of you need to realize is not how stupid floating schools is, but how fun the game was to actually play. Finding perfect combos in spells to boost stats was fun, imo. The soundtrack has some of the best tracks ever made for the Final Fantasy series. The rest are sub-par. The storyline was jumpy at times, as it wen't slowly at first then jerked from left to right all over the place once you go to the moon. It had some interesting moments though.

FF9 - My favourite. They brilliantly implemented humour into FF9, and casted the crew so well that even when they weren't trying to be funny, the characters could give you a chuckle or two by just being them. (Eiko and Zidane are hilarious, c'mon. Steiner has his moments with Zidane, but it does get old quickly). The storyline was meant to be a bring-back of the old series, but had a bit too much modern-ish storyline in it. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just not as good as some others. *cough* FF7 *cough*. I have a biased opinion to the soundtrack in this game as I was going through an excell in my real life as I was playing through this game the first time, so the music reminds me of good real-life times, as well as jokes placed throughout the game.

FF10 - I can't understand why you hate the Sphere system so much. Personally I found you could advance your characters very quickly if you thought out well-working paths for them throughout the grid. The weapon system is flawed, but I do like their ultimate weapons. Also, blitzball hit it off well with me too, I got pretty skilled with it, and so did my characters.. (I had nothing to do). Having nothing to do also brings up the major lack of endgame side-quests available in the game. They give you 'bigger' games and expect you to play those over and over again. (Ok, so was chocobo racing in FF7, but I found that enjoyable, for some reason). The soundtrack in this Final Fantasy was well made, except they didn't do too well in 'danger' type songs. 'Adventure' type tracks were done well.

FF11 - I still play this... Sorta kinda. It's not out-of-your-mind great, but it's still enjoyable once you get past that it TAKES FOREVER TO DO ANYTHING. The society is going downhill too, because of gil-selling. I don't want to get into this, go look up a review on a large gaming site such as gamespot or IGN or something, that will tell you most of what you need to know. I didn't enjoy the soundtrack that much... But some songs are fine.

The magic, skill and overall growth systems in all games were pretty well done, some better than others, but I'm not going to specifically comment on each one because everyone has a different view on each system, which would turn it into flame-bait.

Sorry if any of this sounds kind of stupid, I'm writing this at 4:50 AM in the morning because I can't get to sleep and decided to come check out the 'ole Crestfallen forums, not that you care, but yeah.

I say - if they sucked so much, why did you finish them? Were you going through the whole game thinking to yourself "this is shit this is shit this is shit... CRAP HE USED FLARE!!! This is shit this is shit...". I mean, you must've had SOME fun, and that's what games were made for, even if they are RPGs.
Akirru
Plyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:22 am

that was the most well thought out necropost I've seen...

Screw you, Necroposter!

Go to hell!

and its FF6! NOT FF3! GET IT RIGHT!

FF3, 4, and 5 are all completely different games.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Akirru » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:57 pm

I know... I have no confusion about the names and the games. I know FF4 isn't FF2, I know FF5 is a differnt game with Buttz (If I remember correctly, hahaha) and a meteor. Unless FF3 isn't FF6. Which makes no sense though, I have a game titled "Final Fantasy 6" and another titled "Final Fantasy 3" and they are the same game, just one is missing the other's FMVs.
Akirru
Plyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:20 pm

Thank the American translation for making it wrong..

FF2 came out in the U.S, however FF4 and FF5 did not. So when FF6 got shipped to the US, we decided to just call it FF3.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming