FFXII actually looking good.....

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

FFXII actually looking good.....

Postby Excell » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:53 pm

I've been seriously dissapointed with the Final Fantasy series....but FFXII could be a really good game. It takes place in the same world as FFT....but I don't really know what time period. It also draws a lot of older, more innovative FF stuff into the game. Weapons evolve or some crap like that which was from FF2. The Jap FF2. Old school. I just hope to God they don't ruin the amazing FFT world. FFTA was shit but they seem to be taking stuff from that too...but good stuff. They brought a lot of the different races from it. Viera and Bangaa are known right now. I just hope there are many many references to FFT.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:01 pm

i havent played fft, onlt ffta, and i didn't like it very much, quite booring
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Porter » Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:03 pm

I just pray they don't make it ultra technical to make it "cool"

Just a simple basic system would be fun like the old FF games. Although the new comers (who found the series with FF8, 9, 10, 11) will be turned off to this. but they suck anyway.
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby Excell » Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:10 pm

FF9 wasn't new at all. It was set in a FF3/6 type era....actually probly a little less advanced. I think the FF9 type thing is what they're going for in this game. I hope.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:48 pm

FINAL FANTASY CAN SUCK MY GIANT HAIRY COCK.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Excell » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:10 pm

Your cock has hair on it?
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby Iteroth » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:25 pm

It's a prosthetic.
Iteroth
S5 Hilyn

Postby Excell » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:37 pm

:lol:
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby DSOK » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:36 pm

Excell wrote:FF9 wasn't new at all. It was set in a FF3/6 type era....actually probly a little less advanced. I think the FF9 type thing is what they're going for in this game. I hope.

No, that would suck.
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:58 pm

The only FF game I've ever played was FFTA. Not the greatest way to enter the series I assure you...
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Excell » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:33 pm

DSOK wrote:
Excell wrote:FF9 wasn't new at all. It was set in a FF3/6 type era....actually probly a little less advanced. I think the FF9 type thing is what they're going for in this game. I hope.

No, that would suck.

Would you mind explaining why you're wrong?
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby DSOK » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:36 pm

Excell wrote:Would you mind explaining why you're wrong?

Well, let's see here.... Oh yeah, Final Fantasy 9 was an abominable game, and making another one in the same vein would be even more atrocious.
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby Excell » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:38 pm

So let me guess....you liked FF8 and FF10?

FF9 was actually pretty decent.

And thanks for admitting to being wrong. :wink:
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby DSOK » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:48 pm

Excell wrote:So let me guess....you liked FF8 and FF10?

FF9 was actually pretty decent.

Yes, I liked 8 and 10. Neither is my favorite, but they had a lot more going for them than 9.

But then really, what did 9 have going for it at all? The Full-Motion Video graphics were inferior to those in Final Fantasy 8, and the rest of the graphics were equivalent. The story was a completely disconnected series of quests, and the main advance selling point of the narrative (the return of the crystals) was only present in the loosest possible sense. The characters were wooden; in fact, they were so obvious that I could correctly predict what direction each of them would end up taking. The summoning animations were below average in their level of creativity. There was no effort whatsoever to justify the technological situation. And most of the mosters were dull; this includes the regular enemies and the bosses.

Oh, yes, you could get one character to introduce himself as "The Flaming Asshole." That must be what made it better.

Excell wrote:And thanks for admitting to being wrong. :wink:

Did I admit that?

<checks>

Nope, I didn't think so.
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby Excell » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:55 pm

DSOK wrote:
Excell wrote:Would you mind explaining why you're wrong?

Well, let's see here.... Oh yeah, Final Fantasy 9 was an abominable game, and making another one in the same vein would be even more atrocious.

You explained why you were wrong. :lol:

The graphics completely outdid 8 in every possible way. Arguing against this is horribly stupid. Even the people who hate 9 and love 8 agree with me here.

So Squall and his buds were better. You know....time compression....they all knew each other....GFs make you forget your past. Oh yeah, let's make a gun that shoots bullets. How about we throw in a super technologically advanced civilization in the mix. Oh no though, it won't conquer the world. How about me randomly take you to the moon! Yeah!

9s quests were far more connected. FF8 was technology thrown onto characters and gameplay.

As for 10.....it was atrocious. My thumb is killing me right about now so I'm gonna force this out. It sucked. It was shit. Everything about it was terrible cept the graphics. All the innovative shit failed miserably. It tried to be a FF7 but failed.

At least 9 was fun and had some decent characters. The only decent character in pos 7 non 9 was Zell. Everyone else sucked. They try the hidden past thing but it's boring, old and stupid. Everything's always the same with the hidden pasts. True, 9 was far from perfect, but at least it had a working story that wasn't made just to appeal to people like you. In other words, people who have no respect for gaming period.

Have a nice day DSOK. Wham. Bam. Owned. 8)
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Next

Return to Gaming