Does anyone know how the maker of The way gotr the idea?

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:42 pm

Yeah. Couldn't have put it better myself.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Inderos » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:04 pm

Excell wrote:Xenogears has an amazing in depth plot. The Way is far more like a FF game than Xenogears or Suikoden. Suikoden has an amazing plot too. Game after game more and more of it unfolds. Eventually the entire history of that world is going to be laid out at the feet of the players.

Xenogears has the greatest story in video game history. I only hope that Xenosaga Episode V will do it justice...
Inderos
S3 Hilyn

Postby DSOK » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:35 am

Inderos wrote:
Excell wrote:Xenogears has an amazing in depth plot. The Way is far more like a FF game than Xenogears or Suikoden. Suikoden has an amazing plot too. Game after game more and more of it unfolds. Eventually the entire history of that world is going to be laid out at the feet of the players.

Xenogears has the greatest story in video game history. I only hope that Xenosaga Episode V will do it justice...

If Xenosaga makes it to Episode V, I don't know how they'll be able to redo Xenogears, because of the copyright problems. My best guess is that they have no actual intention of making more than four episodes of Xenosaga; then they'll just let Xenogears stand as Episode V.

The only realistic alternatiives are that Monolith is hoping to get some kind of agreement between Namco and Square-Enix to allow them to create a remake of Xenogears (unlikely) or that they're being completely honest when they say that Xenosaga is a truly indepdent enterprise, based only upon the same underlying ideas.
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby Excell » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:47 pm

Okay. What's the runthrough on all the Xenosaga Episodes. I know Episode 1 is pre-crash. Where do 2-5 stand?
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby DSOK » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:57 pm

Excell wrote:Okay. What's the runthrough on all the Xenosaga Episodes. I know Episode 1 is pre-crash. Where do 2-5 stand?

Episode 2 takes place pretty much immediately after Episode 1, so I understand. I think its still anybody's guess about 3 and 4. (I think they will be relatively shortly after the first two, so that those four make a complete series.) Episode 5 might be Xenogears. (It says episode 5 at the end.) As for Episode 6, it's about as mysterious as the putative Star Wars Episodes 7-9.
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby Excell » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:00 pm

Okay. I was hoping 3 and 4 might take place on the planet. Maybe Kim and Lacan's stories.....I definitely wanna use Mother Sofia, Lacan, Krelian and Roni Fatima.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby DSOK » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:15 pm

Excell wrote:Okay. I was hoping 3 and 4 might take place on the planet. Maybe Kim and Lacan's stories.....I definitely wanna use Mother Sofia, Lacan, Krelian and Roni Fatima.

It's highly unlikely that they'll be able to use anything directly from Xenogears, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby Excell » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:16 pm

Fucking Squarenix..............
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby DSOK » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:51 pm

Excell wrote:Fucking Squarenix..............

Not one of the company's best moments, losing the series. However, I think there's probably a lot more to the situation than anybody outside knows. I have a hunch that Monolith asked to do some pretty strange things, both in terms of the game itself and its public presentation. Or maybe they just wanted more cash than Square was willing to pungle up.
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby Takarious » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:47 am

Do not fear Xeno(gears/saga) fans, the scheduled release of of Xenosaga EP2 is scheduled late spring of 2005. As far as copyright information is concerned, to the best of my knowledge Monolith was given full rights to the Xeno plot line (I'm not to positive about the name, I actually believe even with rights to the title "Xenogears", Monolith still intended to name the others Xenosaga). If you want my source on EP2 information, it was listed (w/ screenshots), in an issue of Game Informer, and may I say, the graphics look, much better.
Takarious
S3 Hilyn

Postby DSOK » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:14 am

Takarious wrote:Do not fear Xeno(gears/saga) fans, the scheduled release of of Xenosaga EP2 is scheduled late spring of 2005. As far as copyright information is concerned, to the best of my knowledge Monolith was given full rights to the Xeno plot line (I'm not to positive about the name, I actually believe even with rights to the title "Xenogears", Monolith still intended to name the others Xenosaga). If you want my source on EP2 information, it was listed (w/ screenshots), in an issue of Game Informer, and may I say, the graphics look, much better.

To my knowledge, just about none of this is correct.

The North American release date for the Episode 2 is in February. Moreover, Monolith has said that officially, there is no relationship between Xenosaga and Xenogears, but they are both based on the same original ideas. Unofficially? Well, what is the unofficial relationship between Thor, Orion, and Captain Victory? In this case, we'll probably need to wait until at least Episode 4 to find out what connection to Xenogears the developers intend to insinuate.
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby Alundra » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:44 am

YOU ALL SUCK !!! ^_^ I DIDN'T EVEN HAD THE CHANCE TO PLAY EITHER XENOSAGA OR XENOGEARS BECAUSE THESE GAMES NEVER MADE IT TO EUROPE.... they were planned to be shipped but the only way i'll ever get to play them is by chipping up my ps2...
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Previous

Return to Gaming