Metal Slug RPG

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Do you think iy's possible to make a RPG out of an Action game without crapifying it?

Yes
No votes
No
No votes
Yes if the programmer is good...
80%
All fan games suck, nuff' said...
20%

Total votes : 5

Metal Slug RPG

Postby SockHyren » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:03 pm

I was thinking about making an RPG version of Metal Slug a few weeks ago. The only problem was, I didn't want it to end up as just another crappy Fanmande game. I knew it should keep some of it's action (as in being able to shoot opponents on the overworld map, just like in Paper Mario), but, I'm not sure how a normal RPG battle would work with a game like this. I'm already geussing that a CBS (Custom battle system) should be made for it. I just wanted to ask how anyone here would handle it. If this type of topic is not allowed, I appoligize in advance. ^_^;
The Rules of a True Roleplayer:
1. True Roleplayers NEVER save!
2. True Roleplayers ALWAYS go left!
3. True Roleplayers cry alot when they die, having not saved because they went left.
SockHyren
Wanderer

Postby Impossible » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:11 am

I wouldn't bother, but I guess it's possible... I wouldn't expect it to be that fantastic, though.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:08 am

Well, an ATB like in final fantasy wouldnt really work for that kind of game.. Maybe you could go action rpg like kingdom hearts. Maybe it could be a turn based strategy.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Return to Gaming