Rating computer games

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Rating computer games

Postby Glenn47 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:54 pm

Okay, I've been playing computer games a lot recently, so I've decided that I am going to start rating them. I'll put up a link to the good games and tell you what I think. You can post what you think too.

My first game is entitled Pedestrian Killer. Fun game for like 2 times through. I enjoyed hearing the screams for some odd reason. My rating: 7/10.
http://www.2flashgames.com/f/f-140.htm

Oh, also, a lot of my games are gonna come from the same sites over and over again. I'll just find the good ones so you don't waste your time. Instead, we can waste mine. :)

Next game: Ant City

Wow, it was single-handedly the WORST game I've ever played. You just move your mouse over people with "the world's largest magnifying glass" and kill stuff. Then you hit a semi with flammable substances in it, and the game ends. Wow.
My rating: 2/10

Defend Your Castle
http://www.2flashgames.com/f/f-171.htm

This game was really gay for the first 10 minutes or so. But if you stick with it and buy the upgrades, it's a pretty good game. It wasn't really challenging until around lvl 8. At level 14 they surprised me with a HUGE guy, and I'm still stuck on that level. They don't give instructions for the game, so I'll describe it.
You pick up enemy stick figures and throw them straight up. Throw them high enough and they die. It's gay at first, cuz there's like NO threats. But you can soon afford upgrades. The Temple is what allows you to convert enemy units. Just pick up a unit and set it in your castle. A beam will glow for a while, and then you have your own unit. If you buy the archery, there will be a flag above one of the lookout towers. Click it when you have a unit in waiting to get an archer. Relatively useless at times, but they kill stuff occasionally. Then you can buy the Demolition thing. When you've bought it, click on your unit in waiting, and it will run out into the enemy. Click that unit, and he explodes. YAY. That kills pretty much anything in it's wake. Fun stuff. Okay, next is the work shop. Buy this, and you get a green flag. Click it when you have a unit, and you get a guy that will repair your castle pretty damn well. The great thing is, they keep repairing it forever. Then the Mana Pool is where you can get wizards. Wizards are a must-have if you want to survive levels 15 and up. Then at level 19, suicide bombers join the game, and it becomes VERY easy. Just click every bomber you see, and it kill all the enemies around it. I'm at level 27 as I type this.
Great game actually.
My rating: 8/10

Curve Ball 2
http://www.2flashgames.com/f/f-178.htm

This is a fun game for those of us who liked pong but hardly ever got to play it. This is sort of like a 3 dimentional version of pong. Not much to explain here. Hit the ball when it gets to you. Get it past the other guy and you score. Get it past him enough times and go to the next level, which is harder and faster. Hit the ball while moving the mouse and it will curve. And then there are bonus points for curving, accuracy, and super curving.
My Rating: 8/10 (for simplistic fun)

Mario World: Overrun
http://www.2flashgames.com/f/f-566.htm
I had posted this in another topic, but forgot about putting it in here. I LOVE this game. It's self explanitory. (MUST...FIND...SEQUAL!")
My Rating: 9.5/10
Last edited by Glenn47 on Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:06 pm

I found Defense Your Castle distracting for several free periods, as far as flashes go it's pretty good. I'd agree with your rating... maybe even a little more.

I didn't enjoy pedestrian killer, it would've been a little more fun if it was in a city (sorta GTA style).
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:44 pm

I like that castle game, although it's annoying how after some levels you lose most of your archers/craftsmen/wizards. If you haven't got the mana to take on all the giant guys, it's good to have 10 or so archers around, too.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:42 pm

Playing it again

Stage 23 Complete
Score: 1478470
Hitpoints: 40000
Archers: 500
Wizards: 150
Workshop: 10

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:43 pm

Oops, that was me.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:43 am

Anonymous wrote:Playing it again

Stage 23 Complete
Score: 1478470
Hitpoints: 40000
Archers: 500
Wizards: 150
Workshop: 10

I think I stopped at Stage 33
with like 1000 archers and 250 wizards.

... I meant for this to be an edit but I guess I accidently pressed quote and wasnt paying attention.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Glenn47 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:04 pm

I quit at stage 29. Had like 20k armor. Gets repetetive after a while, since it just becomes a "click the suicide bomber" game.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:28 pm

When you get 1000 archers, you dont need to do anything... and anyway, suicide bomber blows compared to mage explosion.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Return to Gaming