Dude, Golden Sun

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:29 pm

Despite the spoiler warning you forgot, I concur. The puzzles were one of the redeeming qualities. Like Impossible said, the magic abilities out of battle were awesome.

Spoilers for the people who haven't beaten BG&E(I've been at Gamefaqs for too long)

The plot was obvious after you reveal the face of one of those guard dudes. I mean, theres even the option to ask them to remove their helmets in town.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:47 pm

Golden Sun is my favorite GBA game by far, I've played though each of them more times then I can remember. Nothin like going around reading everyones mind ...
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:38 pm

Ha ha! Yeah! I forgot about that! That was my favorite ability. :D :D :D
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:55 pm

Lets not forget freezing people with halt, then mindreading them. Took me a long to to realise you could do that.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby piKnicMin » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:44 pm

I thought it was pretty good too, if simple in the thought department. Battling with the Djinn was smart and really fun... that said, I have 2 but I'm stuck really early on, lol...

Motoi Sakuraba is a great composer.

I don't think I ever knew about freezing people. :cry:
piKnicMin
Plyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:26 pm

piKnicMin wrote:Motoi Sakuraba is a great composer.

Motoi Sakuraba is god. Waaaayy better than Uematsu IMO.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:56 pm

I usually don't pay attention to who does the music, but I remember being able to tell that the same person who did GS also did ToS because one part of the intro theme in ToS sounds exactly like the GS overworld theme after you get Isaac.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:43 pm

The beginning to the Tethe'alla overworld theme does sound a bit like that one, yeah. But Sakuraba truely shines in his battles themes. Some of the ones he did for Tales of Destiny 2 (NOT Tales of Eternia) were the best I've ever heard.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:08 pm

The battle theams in those games were great, my favorite from Golden Sun is The Satouros battle theme.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:09 pm

Same here.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Impossible » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:13 am

All the battle/boss music in GS/TLA is great... I didn't know that was the same composer as ToS. o_O
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby A Wanderer » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:51 am

I love it to, the music was so beautifull! The charactars where amazing! The plot was incredeble!
I was so ''in the game'' that I actually caught myself on shaking during the fina; fight with Menardi and Satorus. I also played part 2, but part one stays my fav.... I heard Golden Sun 3 is coming to the DS *writes down Golden Sun in his ''Reasons to buy a DS'' book*.

BTW, did you ever played Mario Golf Advance Tour? Its from Camelot, the company that created Golden Sun as well. If you play this golf game you will see and hear its from Camelot, nostalgy!
Kupo!
A Wanderer
Plyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:54 am

A Wanderer wrote:I love it to, the music was so beautifull! The charactars where amazing! The plot was incredeble!
I was so ''in the game'' that I actually caught myself on shaking during the fina; fight with Menardi and Satorus. I also played part 2, but part one stays my fav.... I heard Golden Sun 3 is coming to the DS *writes down Golden Sun in his ''Reasons to buy a DS'' book*.

BTW, did you ever played Mario Golf Advance Tour? Its from Camelot, the company that created Golden Sun as well. If you play this golf game you will see and hear its from Camelot, nostalgy!

That last line of your message confuses and angers Teen. Grrr
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:21 pm

There is no plans for a GS3 yet, through I would really like to see one.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby CJ » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:46 pm

Were a any of you able to beat Dullhuan on Golden Sun TLA.
He's a bitch to beat.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming