Final Fantasy 4 discussion

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Final Fantasy 4 discussion

Postby Porter » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:04 am

Since no one here has really touched the first 3 FFs (POSERS) we'll move right on into Final Fantasy 4.

Revolution, thats all. Kind of sucks that the easy type was released in America because it was too hard for us, plus it was really one of the first games (japenesse) that had adult language in it. Apparently we couldn't handle that also.

But onto the game, ATB revolutionized the battles. Good character development, sweet music, sub quests and secrets to be found. This one did it, this one is what every one after it is insipred by.

This is on my top 5 favorites of Final Fantasies.

Kain Highwind is badass.
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:18 am

THis was the first final fantasy I played, it was on a friends snes, It was soo cool, a guiy who jumped and kille dand a dark knight

we played it for an entire summer, looting every dungeon, but someone the save files got deleted (due to the game being ona 3,5" disc used for an adapter to the snes to play downloaded roms) and so i never got aorund to finish it. I played it later on but didn't get past the lunar cave with behemoths
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Porter » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:25 am

you were about 10 minutes away from the final boss then
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:10 pm

I played through this one, but I don't really remember much about it. I need to go through it again. It's good, though.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Fitz Tayo » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:57 pm

I really hated this one, the graphics ere terribly poor for the snes considering there were games much nicer out their, I know it's on the snes but man, I prefered FF3s graphics, comparitively to the console. I thought the characters were actually the worst in the world, except Kain. I got really annoyed by the main character being called Cecil, a pansy's name, and yet, is a "Dark Knight". For me, it is the ultimate cliche game, in the bad way, and the gameplay wasn't really all that great so I think it all round sucks.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Excell » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:43 pm

It was so-so. I didn't like how they killed off most of the cooler characters. Cecil and Kage were only okay. Kain was badass though. Yang and Tellah were awesome though....as was Cid as usual.

I could never beat it. I always lost when I got to the final boss.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby FQGamer » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:19 pm

Fitz Tayo wrote:I really hated this one, the graphics ere terribly poor for the snes considering there were games much nicer out their, I know it's on the snes but man, I prefered FF3s graphics, comparitively to the console. I thought the characters were actually the worst in the world, except Kain. I got really annoyed by the main character being called Cecil, a pansy's name, and yet, is a "Dark Knight". For me, it is the ultimate cliche game, in the bad way, and the gameplay wasn't really all that great so I think it all round sucks.

you suck....

i loved it. it got me into final fantasy
FQGamer
Wanderer

Postby Berserker » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:53 am

the story was ok, but it sucked that you can't change anything about your characters.
"I shouldn't have to live in a world where all good points are horrible ones" (Black mage, 8bit theater)
Berserker
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:47 am

yep I was close but I was soooo fed up with leveling at that point :( if anyone has gotten that far with good strengh i'd love to play that last dungeon just for the heck of it, also I played hardtype to the giant of bab-il then my computer borked
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Return to Gaming