minish cap

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

minish cap

Postby Alundra » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:49 am

anyone played it? a friend of mine has it on gba and i own it on rom.
i kinda like it ... maybe even a lot, cause there's a buttload of cool dungeons and elements that make it interesting to play. finally a zelda game that re-uses some key elements and mechanics from previous installments and lifts them to certain perfection. The graphical style is a reminder of the not as much liked "windwaker" but that's easily overlooked as this is a gameboy game. They are in fact some of the most beautiful graphics in a gameboy game I know. Well besides golden sun.
But i wish old gramps shigeru would finally stop popping his pills and start writing a decent story. Not that there's anything wrong with this game's story but WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING ABOUT? where does it fit in the games story line that we know of??? The way I see the continuity is this schematic... plz discuss your own theories. Oh take note that i never really liked the nes zelda's so i left them out of my time line.

first there's ocarina of time
time got split in two so theres two possible follow ups.

timeline one :link gets zapped back to childhood
-majora's mask
-oracle of ages
-oracle of seasons
-link's awakening
-link to the past
*why this version? well seeing as link gets back to regain his lost years, majora follows directly as he travels around on epona and gets to termina where he saves the world from the crashing moon. He then is seen riding epona in the opening of either the oracle games hinting that he just returned from termina. If you finish the oracle games by return linking, link leaves on a boat. That hints at the opening of links awakening where he washes ashore after shipwreck. to all those saying 'the booklet said after ganon was destroyed link left blah blah so it's the sequel to lttp" i say nay! Link pushed back ganon into the golden realm at the end of the oracle games so there! that might also mean 'destroyed'...
link leaves koholint and meets up with his uncle. the rest is history as he finally slashes ganons hide. ... possibly the end of this time line as we know it (apart from link meeting up with the four swords links in that new temple added in the gba release... but i doubt they'll do anything with that...)

timeline two:time that just goes on from the point where link was adult in ocarina of time, ganon locked up in golden land.
-new zelda still to be released.....
-windwaker
-minish cap
(-four swords added with lttp)
-four sword adventures
what happend after the events in oot is as of yet still unknown and we wait for it to be told to us in a shiny new 3D zelda soon to be released i hope. Link has to leave hyrule for a reason, which grants ganon the possibility to escape. the goods flood the world to stop ganon's destruction of the world only leaving cunning survivors. time passes... and a new 'link' is born in the windwaker. stupidest zelda ending ever, link and zelda set out to find a new homeland. enter minish cap where everything seems to be in order again. link gets to restore the picori blade which changes into some sort of four sword and has to fight vaati... hints enough for me to let it be followed up by the extra in lttp where link recovers that sword and fights vaati for a final time... I don't have a clue where to place four sword adventures as I haven't played it yet... possible the end of this time line? unthinkable !
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:00 am

Nintendo said that The Minish Cap took place before the rest of the series. Which is a pain, as it pushes all our other numbered Links forward. Remember, it started the tradition of Links wearing green hats.
Then it goes like this:

Link II:
Ocarina of Time
(Alternate timeline:) Majora's Mask
Link III:
A Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
Link IV:
The Legend of Zelda
Adventure of Link

The Oracles aren't really certain. You could place them after MM in that timeline if you think the horse at the start is that amazing, but if you want to twist the story after LttP a little, they could be the adventures Link had before LA.
Four Swords Adventures isn't in there because it's really nearly impossible to place it - although I don't have it yet, so I'm not totally sure.
Wind Waker isn't in there because its story is absolute SHIT and COMPLETELY fucks up the entire Zelda timeline and makes no sense. I refuse to accept it as being in there.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:47 pm

Actually, I don't like it, it's too short, and easy. There are a load of side quests, but all generally involve one or two things, like fusing kidstones or getting small, doing something then getting big and doing something else or vise versa. For me, it was terribly boring.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:26 pm

I enjoyed Windwaker, it was a fun game and the story was as interesting as any of the others. (which wouldn't be much)
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Iteroth » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:08 pm

They're just games, they don't need to follow chronologically to make sense. They work on their own just fine. Accept it.
Iteroth
S5 Hilyn

Postby War » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:19 am

Reason #2345 to like The Way
"Its easy to find out the chronologically of them all"
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn