Zalbak

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Zalbak

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:48 pm

So Jera, we've all seen your new avatar, Zalbak. But still, some may not know of Zalbak. Would you care to indulge upon the matter?
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:35 pm

Ok. Here's the dillio. A long, long time ago, back when the time space continuum was still in its youngest form, an entity was wrought into exsistance. No one knows how. No one knows why. This entity was powerful. Powerful beyond limits.

Eons and eons passed. Our universe finally began to flesh out. This entity travelled through many dimensions, taking upon itself an inexplicable justice. One millenia, still many millenia ago, the entity found a budding young planet we call earth. Amused by the antics of its inhabitants, the entity stayed with this planet. He became a personal caretaker of sorts.

But as the time passed, the entity became less and less pleased with the so-called "humans" treatment of his world. Many time he considered wiping the earth clean of these creatures. But he hesistated. Were human just as natural of a creature as any other on the planet? Was it the course of time for them to evolve and destroy their own homes?

The time for judgment grew near. Knowing of the consequences of moving his entire exsistance into our dimensional plain, he instead chose a human with through which he could communicate, and observe more closely the humans he judged.

And as such, he came to me. Why? I don't know. But regardless, this entity had no name. So about the time it came to me, I'm checking out walkthroughs for Lufia 3: The legend returns. As I'm browsing through, the name of the final boss catches my eye. "Zalbak, Infernal god of Flames" (Note: I've seen the name written a zillion different ways.)

"Holy shit." I say to myself, "That is one badass, awesome name." And that's the name I chose for the entity.

I had never actually made it to the Zalbak fight in Lufia 3, so only recently was its in-game appearance brought to my attention.

Quite befitting of an entity of celestial dominance. That, and the nature in which he appears in the game is kinda cool. He's just like, bam. There. You beat the bad guys, and then up in the sky, there comes Zalbak, out of nowhere, summoned by the dead bad guy's ghost. No relevance to the story at all.

And that's the story of Zalbak. The end.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Iteroth » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:04 pm

If you ask me, Lufia 1 was the best. Still one of my all time favorite games.
Iteroth
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:47 am

To describe him, I shall make up a word right here and now: scrumtrelescent...Zalbak is completely scrumtrelescent!
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:23 am

Lufia 2 is in my top ten, great game, but way before I had the internet, I used to rent Lufia 1 all the time. Always got stuck finding the metal stuff. I wrote like a 2 page essay about the how cool the Sinistrals were in another forum. Maybe I should post it here.

Unfortunately, the GBA Lufia is total crap. Don't ever play it.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Non-Sequitur » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:30 am

Don't ever play it.

Too late. Have you ever seen more repetitive dungeons?
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:11 pm

I can't say I have. I also can't say I've ever seen such a crappy incarnation of Lufia battle system.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby The Muffin Man » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

So, you are saying that the original Lufia was good. Well, I guess it's too bad for me that I've only played the GBA version, and I have to agree with the statements made about it.
The Muffin Man
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:08 pm

Oh god, don't remind me of that game. I was told it was very good by a friend. Biggest waste of $20 bucks I've ever made. My friend still loves it though.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:27 pm

I admire your friends dedication. It's a shame they didn't dedicate themselves to a better game.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:35 pm

Funny thing about that, he also recomended Golden Sun, which I had never heard of, but it sounded interesting. It and its sequal are now my favorite GBA games. On the other hand, my friend got stuck on Kraken, and never actually beat it, and doesn't like it anymore.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Iteroth » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:42 pm

Golden Sun is awesome. I never finished the second one though.

And yeah, Lufia 1 and 2 are the only good ones.

Also, the new Zelda game on GBA is pretty fun.
Iteroth
S5 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:46 pm

Lufia 3 is good =/
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:48 pm

I know, it's been said it's good. But I was merely saying there are so many series that go bad after number three.

Take the Breath of Fire Series: The bastards never released it for Gamecube. Damn Japanese and their stronger bond to Playstation! They stole the Tales of Phantasia remake too! They suck. I only say this cause I'm smart enough to not buy a PS2 right now, but I shall, someday, buy the next system.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Excell » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:43 pm

You're smart enough to NOT buy a PS2 now? And why is that?
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Next

Return to Gaming