Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

Postby Inderos » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:45 pm

Anyone else picking this up? I got it the day it came out. It's pretty awesome. I'd be playing now, but I'm supposed to be writing a short story for my Creative Writing class.
I'll say I found her floating face down and I won't let them hurt you, I swear, from the crystal to the crucifix, I will always be with you. So if I go to hell for this I guess I'll meet you there.
Inderos
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:17 pm

I've played the Japanese version awhile ago, it convinced me to get it, but I got to wait until xmas. I really liked the battle system.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Inderos » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:19 pm

Yeah, the battles are a lot of fun. You can kind of cheat through them all if you stack your deck with nothing but Cloud and cure cards.
I'll say I found her floating face down and I won't let them hurt you, I swear, from the crystal to the crucifix, I will always be with you. So if I go to hell for this I guess I'll meet you there.
Inderos
S3 Hilyn

Postby Excell » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:44 pm

What is this game? The sequel or something?
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby Inderos » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:33 am

Kingdom Hearts 2 is the official sequel. A lot of people have been calling this Kingdom Hearts 1.5 because it fills the gap in time inbetween 1&2. It's a great game, and if you enjoyed the first one, I suggest you pick this up. If you don't want to spend the money or don't have a GBA, get the ROM. But I imagine it'll be hard to play with the keyboard.
Inderos
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:53 pm

Actually, I find the keyboard quite useful, but maby I've just gotten used to it.

My main deck was about 8 Final Break Combos (I think thats what its called) Then the item card that reshuffles all your attack cards, for another 8 Final Breaks, then a few Cloud Cards, Heals, and 0 cards at the end.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Kyle » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:48 am

I'm probably 3/4th into the game and I also love it.
Square/Enix says you can play Kingdom Hearts 2 without having played CoM, but I find that hard to believe, unless KH2 will be full of "Remember back in Castle Oblivion" kind of stuff and I hate that.

Only thing I don't really like is the "=" requirements for some doors. It kind of ruins the thrill when you have to battle 20 times to get that one specific number card.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby EightSlicesOfPie » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:16 pm

I agree with the = thing, Kyle, though it rarely happens to me. I'm level 45 and about to go to Destiny Islands, the second to last level. I got it around Christmas time I think, but only have time to play it about an hour on weekends. It's great, though.
EightSlicesOfPie
Wanderer

Postby Inderos » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:40 pm

I haven't beat it yet because of the annoying doors in the final area. You have to make them all add up to 99. On three doors. Fuck that.
Inderos
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:22 pm

The got to repeatative for me, not to mention its extreamly short. I did beat it though. Its really only worth getting if you plan on getting KH2.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby ass monkey » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:35 am

ya its good and hard because of the way you play.
ass monkey

Postby Excell » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:18 pm

I hated Kingdom Hearts. It was horribly annoying and I hated how you got stuck using pansy and Donald and Goofy the entire game.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Return to Gaming