Animal Crossing

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Otaku No Anime » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:18 pm

I want to erase my save file of that game so badly, but my little sister won't let me. :cry: She still plays. :shock:
Otaku No Anime
S2 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:03 am

Its like neopets huh? Its seems almost too fucking good to be true...then eventually you get tired of it but feel guilty erasing so much work
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby HolsteinCow » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:45 am

neopets is the sexiest webgame ever :)
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:02 am

This coming from the guy who depicts killing schoolgirls in his sig? Heartless bastard!

Nothing personal actually...

I liek teh boobies :D
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:01 pm

The problem with Animal Crossing is that it requires you to play almost every day, and most people just don't have the time. Its been so long since I've had a chance to play, I'd have to take a day out of my life just to clear the weeds. If you have the time, its a great game.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:49 pm

Now that I have acutally had the chance to play the game, I need to warn you people who havent recieved it yet.

Starting in the winter is boring. No insects to catch, igloos keep you from completing delivery or recieving jobs, and if you dont hang around near xmas and the new year, you regret it. I just recieved a "letter" in the game and it told me to hang around at 6 for some CRAZY DEALS!!! and I happen to need to do a computer-based project at the school since I cant make my own PDF's (they said so) and I'd need to load it onto the massive server they have running there. Furniture should be sold unless you really like it,, because in the beginning, you'll need a whole lotta room but you have next to nothing. You start off with a debt of about 17,000 and need to pay at least a thousand each week. Your main goal for awhile is to be free of debt. It took about 3 hours for me to get rid of my debt, but I used the gameboy advance connection link to get to an island that had a bunch of expensive fruit lying around so I think thats why it went so quickly. As soon as you get out of debt, you are offered an expansion. If you accept, the next day, you will discover that you have a massive debt of roughly 100,000!

So far, I can only dig up things since bugs are dead in winter and I havent seen the fishpole yet, but I'm sure that will change.

Letters are a major pain until you get used to it, but not 2 days and i've already sent several random messages to the museum with an unidentified fossil attached. Fossils are very common to find in digging, but the digging sites themselves are not very numerous.

In conclusion, I must say, in all honesty, that this game is a great time waster, especially when your xbox has one very small rubber band that powers the disc holders disc reading and popping in and out abilities and it is broken by some unknown cause while you were away on vacation.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby HolsteinCow » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:06 pm

Teenr0cker wrote:Letters are a major pain until you get used to it, but not 2 days and i've already sent several random messages to the museum with an unidentified fossil attached. Fossils are very common to find in digging, but the digging sites themselves are not very numerous.

From what I've heard about the game, you have to include words such as "happy" and "friendly" and "special" frequently.
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:41 am

What about "..........Penis!!!", "Identify this. I know where you live.", "kthxbi", "PENIS TO THE SECOND POWER!!!!" and such?
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:21 am

You don't need to write anything to the museum. It's only other people that care about what's in your letters (and give you something if you give them something, which is a good use for your town fruit). Find out what your islander's favourite fruit is, and give it nothing but that to get a shitload of bells. You have a few more expansions to go, by the way. :)
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:39 pm

You don't need to pay atleast 1,000 bells a week, even through soon you can easily do that much a day, its just some advice. You never have to pay off your debt actually.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:09 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:You don't need to pay atleast 1,000 bells a week, even through soon you can easily do that much a day, its just some advice. You never have to pay off your debt actually.

......*reads quote*....what about the "racoon goons?....nvm.....goddamn

EDIT: Whats the point of donating fossils? Is there some grand prize?
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:18 pm

Besides bragging rights, donating fossils doesn't do anything. Atleast I'm almost sure.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby OverlordBill » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:20 pm

When the museum is full, your townspeople are supposed to be happy or something.
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.
OverlordBill
S1 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:52 pm

And we cant have that now can we? :twisted:

Edit: I already tire of this game. Its always find digging spots to find fossils, fishing, finding fruit and seashells, and selling it all. If you get enough money you can buy stuff you like for your house. The only incentive aside from wanting stuff is some voyeuristic committee that judges how nice the room looks and might give you an award for having a "nice room" by their standards.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:18 pm

Just stick a complete T Rex fossil in your house, it'll boost your house rating alot.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming