Need help in ToD2

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Need help in ToD2

Postby Lord_Ehrgeiz » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:44 pm

Subj, heh. um... Tales of Destiny2/Tales of Eternia, for PSOne.
i want to know, how Keele and Meredy can do mighty (which deals 30000 damage) magic, when there are their faces on the background, like "Rising Phenix" or "Omega seal" of Reid. Somebody... help.
in order to assess the reality of life, it is necessary at least once to die
Lord_Ehrgeiz
S2 Hilyn

Postby Grand Admiral Thrawn » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:35 pm

What? One of my friends has ToD2. If you explained it better, I could ask him next time I see him.
Current games in progress:
Legend of Dragoon
FF8
FF9
Chrono Cross
Grand Admiral Thrawn
S2 Hilyn

Re: Need help in ToD2

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:35 am

Lord_Ehrgeiz wrote:Subj, heh. um... Tales of Destiny2/Tales of Eternia, for PSOne.
i want to know, how Keele and Meredy can do mighty (which deals 30000 damage) magic, when there are their faces on the background, like "Rising Phenix" or "Omega seal" of Reid. Somebody... help.

That "mighty magic" is a form of the normal spell Indignation. The 30000 point indignation can only be executed on Sekundes (optional boss, hardest in the game), when he has less than 100000 HP. It will instantaneously kill him (despite having much more than 30000 HP, but if you caught on to who Sekundes is, it makes more sense). It's the only way to beat him normally. I say normally, because you technically could take down the remaning 100000 with other means, but once you get Sekundes down that low, he'll go absolutely insane and start casting Maxwell extentions, which is more than likely to destroy your whole party in seconds.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Lord_Ehrgeiz » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:35 am

2 Jeramyu
but... only once in a game? it's not fair! i killed Sekundes with Reid MegaSonicThrust, with that sword from Arena... say, than why i can hear sounds of Meredys/Keeles voice, saing another mighty magic?
PS: wasnt Regulus hardest optional boss of a game?...
in order to assess the reality of life, it is necessary at least once to die
Lord_Ehrgeiz
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:26 pm

Wasn't Meredy that bitch I beat in ToS? I hate her. Where were the other two from?
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:55 pm

Lord_Ehrgeiz wrote:2 Jeramyu
but... only once in a game? it's not fair! i killed Sekundes with Reid MegaSonicThrust, with that sword from Arena... say, than why i can hear sounds of Meredys/Keeles voice, saing another mighty magic?
PS: wasnt Regulus hardest optional boss of a game?...

Using the eternal sword is like cheating. =P

And Regulus has the most HP of all the bosses, but in terms of sheer difficulty, Sekundes takes the cake.

Impossible wrote:Wasn't Meredy that bitch I beat in ToS? I hate her. Where were the other two from?

Meredy and Farah = ToE
Garr = ToD

Although I suppose ToE is the only game in the Tales series with more annoying and retarded than ToS.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Dr. Casey » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:56 pm

I've never played ToS, but Meredy was cute as hell in ToE. I also liked Farah, Reid, and Keele, and as for the other two characters whose names I can't remember... I liked them (the pirate chick moreso than the other guy), but they didn't really deserve to be party members. Having four major characters and two "others" kind of threw things off.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:52 pm

Yeah, she was "KAWAII!!!! ^___________^", indeed. And I guess Reid had a pretty classic dispositon "I don't really feeling saving the world all that much."

Gosh, maybe ToS DOES win the retard award.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:04 am

They even killed the cute "mint" profile from ToP in ToS using collette. She wasn't as cute as she should have been. Too young. I liked sheena though. I know its wrong in a way, but still... isn't there a little Zelos in all of us?
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:25 am

Teenr0cker wrote:They even killed the cute "mint" profile from ToP in ToS using collette. She wasn't as cute as she should have been. Too young. I liked sheena though. I know its wrong in a way, but still... isn't there a little Zelos in all of us?

Heh. I agree with everything there. I was pleased to see a throw-back to Mint at first, but then I actually played ToS. Ugh.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Flibbo » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:46 am

im sorry could some actually say the name of the game instead of the abbreviation because i have no idea what you guys are on about
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:10 pm

ToP: Tales of Phantasia
ToS: Tales of Symponia
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Flibbo » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:43 am

what are they for?
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:02 pm

ToS is for Gamecube, and I think ToP is for PS1.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Fredric » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:14 pm

Tales of Phantasia is for snes.
Fredric
S1 Hilyn

Next

Return to Gaming