I now know how Microsoft make all their monies!!!

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

I now know how Microsoft make all their monies!!!

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:01 pm

And they don't install a hypno-chip into your monitor, either. I just got off the telephone with our good friends over at Microsoft (R) Xbox(R) Custumer Care Support(TM). If you haven't heard or read yet, my xbox is now only a former shell of what it used to be. You see, when I returned from god-forsaken Montana, I found by XBOX in a seemingly normal condition. But like a college girlfriend thats too stupid and hot to actually exist, a dark, hidden secret lies within. Only instead of herpes or another STD, my xbox was broken. Not like whoops-I-took-a-brick-to-it-before-I-ran-it-over-with-my-pickup-truck-and-then-detonated-the-1000-kilos-of-C4-strapped-to-it broken. More like a small rubber band, one could use to tie a small ponytail with ones hair, that connects a series of small motors that powers the disc holder and disc scanner broke. After failing to have the disc holder open by the push of the button, I opted for the small hole in the front to manually open the disc holder. I then noticed the motor system working perfectly, only that a rubber band lay on them and wasnt connecting them like it should. I removed the broken rubber band, contacted email support, recieved an email, and called their support center(TM). After listening to about 6 minutes of the worst techno I have ever heard in my life, I finally talked to my supporter, whose name was Pedro. Pedro gave the standard "If you cracked open your XBOX case, your warrenty is void" spiel and I told him exactly what I am telling you. After confirming my one year warranty had indeed expired, Pedro was sorry to inform me that the cost of (any and all) repair(s) (a flat fee), the Free shipping (the only nice part of this whole thing), and the renewed warrenty summed up to a surprising total bill of $79.99. After restating that the rubber band most likely cost 10 cents retail value, I asked if he was sure that was the price. He confirmed my horror and I was given an ID # for future reference if I should choose to get it repaired.

(Censor space for Glenn 8) )

FUCK YOU, YOU SUCK BILL GATES!!!!!!!!!!!
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby OverlordBill » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:07 pm

Get a rubberband from someone elses Xbox. Or just go out to a hardware store and buy a bunch of rubberbands. They're cheap, just find a size that fits.
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.
OverlordBill
S1 Corlyn

Postby Grand Admiral Thrawn » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:43 pm

If Bill's suggestions don't work, I have only one comment.

Ouch.
Current games in progress:
Legend of Dragoon
FF8
FF9
Chrono Cross
Grand Admiral Thrawn
S2 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:52 am

Indeed ouch.

Bill, have I told you that you are a freaking (evil) genious? Because you are!

*goes off to find sucker for stealing a rubber band :twisted: *
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Excell » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:56 pm

To quote Ace of Base: I saw the sign. 8)
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby Glenn47 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:27 pm

Thank you Teen. I needed that.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Larahl » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:13 am

So rubberband is the secret
and I thought all the time they getting the money from selling Windows
Better hold it forever, then being sorry for letting it go for the rest of your life.
Larahl
Wanderer

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:28 pm

Yes, the rubber band and the 79.89 dollar rextension of the warranty
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby sbf » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:48 pm

I always knew Halo-I mean Xbox sucked in a way
sbf
Wanderer

Postby Glenn47 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:32 pm

If you took apart a gamecube or PS2, you wouldn't find a rubber band holding together necessary components. That's why Xbox sucks
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Grand Admiral Thrawn » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:54 pm

I only like Halo. I can get it for the PC, so no reason for an XBox. Oh, wait....Halo 2 ain't out for PC....Dang.
Legend of Dragoon
FF8
FF9
Chrono Cross
Grand Admiral Thrawn
S2 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:I only like Halo. I can get it for the PC, so no reason for an XBox. Oh, wait....Halo 2 ain't out for PC....Dang.

It is that kind of thinking that makes you suck.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:49 am

Larahl, change your avatar. *evil glare*
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Grand Admiral Thrawn » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:43 pm

It is that kind of thinking that makes you suck.

Let me amend my earlier statement. The only XBOX game I like is Halo. I could care less for the others. They're good, but nothing I would want to own. I'll just play them at a friend's house. Fable SOUNDED good, but it really didn't live up to the hype. Again, I can play it at a friend's house.
Legend of Dragoon
FF8
FF9
Chrono Cross
Grand Admiral Thrawn
S2 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:50 am

It matters not how "1337" you are at halo since you've got a whole keyboard of buttons. To excell in Halo or halo2 for Xbox is skill. Knowing your enemies, not depending on lags or ping, etc...all usefull in a LAN party.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Next

Return to Gaming