DAMMIT!!!(In regards to Suikoden IV)

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

DAMMIT!!!(In regards to Suikoden IV)

Postby Excell » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:16 pm

Argh! Damn! Shit! Crap! Fuck! Ass!

I am so fuckin dissapointed with this game. The whole time I was playing it I just wanted to turn it off and stick two in. It isn't a bad game.....but it went for a "old feel" type setup and failed miserably. If it had just reclaimed the pre-3 feel it could've been a really really good game. But in the end they just trashed so many classic Suikoden things....like 6 party battles and the naval battles are almost as bad as the battles in Suikoden III. Plus, the Island Nations suck, the game is short and rushed and the plot is left wide open. Only two True Runes are even mentioned/make appearances in the game. I could go on and on........5 better be another 2!
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:49 pm

Meh... the whole ship travel deal looked like trouble from the start. It appears that 2 is still the best.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Porter » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:00 pm

Was about to pick this up sometime this week......

sounds like a passer.. :?
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby Larahl » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:48 pm

EmperorJeramyu wrote:It appears that 2 is still the best.

I thought that Suikoden III is the best?
Better hold it forever, then being sorry for letting it go for the rest of your life.
Larahl
Wanderer

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:55 pm

Larahl wrote:
EmperorJeramyu wrote:It appears that 2 is still the best.

I thought that Suikoden III is the best?

No way. 2 was much better IMO.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:04 pm

They kept some of the good music... like the main character naming screen.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Excell » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:03 pm

It went back to traditional a bit but the ship stuff ruined it. It didn't feel like Suikoden at all.....it had no heart. And yes, 2 is by far the best. Although, this game really isn't bad. I give it a 7/10. Pick it up if you like the series just cause it completes it....at least for the American releases. They need to get back to the major timeline, reintroduce the Suikoden II feel, Viktor, Flik, Humphrey, Nash, ect. I mean, they have to go somewhere with the series. The main story has to end at some point and it better include all of the cool characters. Two games without Viktor and Flik is like.....like......they're my crack dammit!!
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby Berserker » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:39 am

I mean, they have to go somewhere with the series

There's where you're wrong, at least til they're doing money.
"I shouldn't have to live in a world where all good points are horrible ones" (Black mage, 8bit theater)
Berserker
S2 Hilyn

Postby Excell » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:18 pm

I meant the main story. They have to have it lead somewhere. The first three games have already built up who the final enemy is going to be. They can still make Suikoden games. I just hope they have it lead somewhere.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Return to Gaming