ToS

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Kyle » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:24 am

Okay, am I the only one who loved almost everything about ToS? I also loved ToE for that matter, although that game sometimes fell short in the voice acting department.

As Alundra is still playing through it I won't talk about spoilers, but even though there were only a few anime cutscenes, I did enjoy the ingame cutscenes and the story overall. I also liked all the characters. I loved reading the skits. I'm a Tales fanboy, yes I am.

But honestly, the game's battle system was incredible, graphics were great for being cell shaded, lots of spells/techs to learn, awesome soundtrack, lots of sidequests, ... What more do you want in a game?
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:55 am

Better storytelling would have been nice. It got sort of confusing near the end, and there were also some deaths which didn't really have much emotion to them. The voice acting also lacks emotion or even any emphasis on the right words, so sentences often end up sounding like something completely different.

And MORE ANIME CUTSCENES! >_<
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Kyle » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:24 am

I liked the voice acting, although it's true that some scenes could have benefited from more emotion overall. Still, Lloyd does a fair job at getting angry/soft at the right time and Sheena and Zelos do a good job overall.

Storytelling was average, lots of talk scenes with not much action, but the storyline was pretty good.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:00 am

Did anyone else notice the Lloyd is the same voice of Robin from Teen Titans?
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Alundra » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:46 am

He did remind me of Ryudo of Grandia 2 and Leonardo in the original tmnt series... ^_^
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:38 pm

Greatchickenman wrote:Did anyone else notice the Lloyd is the same voice of Robin from Teen Titans?

Yeah, I noticed. I was just flipping through channels and happend to catch the voice. Checked his name in the credits of the game, hooked up my GC, beat the final boss again (why did he have to be so easy?) and checked the name ont the credits there. And thats how I tend to spend my days.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:42 pm

I found practically all bosses easy is ToS. The only aspect I found annoying was keeping the other characters out of trouble... if it was just Lloyd alone it made things so much easier.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:54 pm

I found Abyssion pretty hard, compared to the others atleast, the duel between Lloyd and a certain spoiler related character was prett hard too for me. Other then that though, bosses were pretty easy I guess. I just expected more from a final boss.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:58 pm

Final Bosses in games are never hard for somebody who's been through a few RPGs or so, they just become good. In fact, bosses in any RPG are easy, because in battles, you don't tent to go all out, in boss-fights, you do, which kills them twice as fast, and with final bosses, you go even more out... yeah... you use all the Elixer-like items because you just never used them in other situations, thinking you were saving them, then BAM, it's the end of the game.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:30 pm

Yeah, the fact that you always go all out in boss fights tends to make them easier. But I played through a considerable amount of ToS in Hard Mode, so I still faced quite a challenge.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:34 pm

That reminda me, I've been meening to start a game in Mania mode, as soon as my friend actually gives me back the game.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Kyle » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:01 am

Lloyd's Voice actor is not Ryudo from Grandia 2. Kratos is in fact Ryodo.

I last heard Lloyd's VA in Xenosaga 2. He's young Albedo (and nobody can laugh insanely like he does).
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Alundra » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:28 am

Kyle you're right! I assumed that the voice that talks in the intro was an older version of Lloyd.
My bad... haven't really had time to actually play this game deeply...
But I was right hearing that voice somewhere :roll:
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:06 am

Duh, that was Kratos in the intro, you fool. Watch it again.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:09 am

Kratos also happens to make an appearance as Sky in Jade Empire.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming